Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Other Games Thread - Week 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32809
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
ryanTHEtrojan wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Smart move posting that pic.



Why is everyone on Hakeem Nicks' jock? Every time I watch the Giants he drops like 2 balls a game. Streater and Moore drop it less from what I've seen and they've made strides to get better at getting separation. Do not want Nicks.


Sadly, theres a perfect storm brewing: Nicks is going to be the best WR on the market, we need a veteran #1 receiver, and we're going to have a ton of cap space. Hes had his fair share of good games obviously but tonight, it looks like his head isnt in the game. He looks horrible.

There is another option who might be a little cheaper but before I get blasted for bringin this guy up. Kenny Britt if his knee gets right can take over games. A change of scenery would do him wonders. And I know he has character concerns


Honestly, I'd rather buy low with Britt than pay Nicks a lot. Probably an unpopular opinion though
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaidersAreOne


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 9155
Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absoooooluely not to Britt. The guy is injury prone, a head case, and apparently hasnt even been good since his rookie season according to some Titan fans. Hell naw to him. Nicks will get some solid cash for a solid player, Britt will get low cash for a super low end player.
_________________

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyHarry


Joined: 15 Mar 2006
Posts: 1803
Location: Foster City,CA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Absoooooluely not to Britt. The guy is injury prone, a head case, and apparently hasnt even been good since his rookie season according to some Titan fans. Hell naw to him. Nicks will get some solid cash for a solid player, Britt will get low cash for a super low end player.


Timeout what titans fans have u been talking to ?. His 2nd year he had 225
yard 3 td game without playing the first quarter. He ended that season with 9 tds. His third year he started with a 5 for 136 and 2 and a 9 for 128 and 1 before his injury. Dude straight took over games question is will he get his explosiveness back.
_________________

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11911
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why everyone is so hell bent on a WR. We don't have a true number 1, I understand that, but there's plenty of teams that don't have one that are having great success throwing the ball around while plenty that do, that aren't.

For example:

QBs w/ no #1 having great success:

Rivers
Brees
Rodgers
RGIII
Brady
Bradford and I can name more

QBs w/ #1 that's doesn't have much to show for it:

A Smith
Palmer
Schaub
Cutler


I just don't see why everyone is so hell bent on getting a guy that really isn't necessarily needed. If your QB is good, you can win w/ what we have, I promise you that. Not only that, they're young. I understand they drop balls but if you've watched other teams play, their WRs do also. Everyone drops passes.

Trenches.....
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11911
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Absoooooluely not to Britt. The guy is injury prone, a head case, and apparently hasnt even been good since his rookie season according to some Titan fans. Hell naw to him. Nicks will get some solid cash for a solid player, Britt will get low cash for a super low end player.


Timeout what titans fans have u been talking to ?. His 2nd year he had 225
yard 3 td game without playing the first quarter. He ended that season with 9 tds. His third year he started with a 5 for 136 and 2 and a 9 for 128 and 1 before his injury. Dude straight took over games question is will he get his explosiveness back.


And he's a PoS. I don't want anything to do w/ him. He's a baby Randy Moss w/ less talent. No thank you.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22392
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
I don't see why everyone is so hell bent on a WR. We don't have a true number 1, I understand that, but there's plenty of teams that don't have one that are having great success throwing the ball around while plenty that do, that aren't.

For example:

QBs w/ no #1 having great success:

Rivers
Brees
Rodgers
RGIII
Brady
Bradford and I can name more

QBs w/ #1 that's doesn't have much to show for it:

A Smith
Palmer
Schaub
Cutler


I just don't see why everyone is so hell bent on getting a guy that really isn't necessarily needed. If your QB is good, you can win w/ what we have, I promise you that. Not only that, they're young. I understand they drop balls but if you've watched other teams play, their WRs do also. Everyone drops passes.

Trenches.....


Agree. If you have a QB who can throw guys open and make his receivers better that's great. But the Raiders don't have that.

And I still think in this day and age being a passing league, having a go to WR is a difference maker. The Raiders lack a redzone target or a guy who can consistently make plays for the team. That would be huge no matter who the QB is.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmac505


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 756
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
I don't see why everyone is so hell bent on a WR. We don't have a true number 1, I understand that, but there's plenty of teams that don't have one that are having great success throwing the ball around while plenty that do, that aren't.

For example:

QBs w/ no #1 having great success:

Rivers
Brees
Rodgers
RGIII
Brady
Bradford and I can name more

QBs w/ #1 that's doesn't have much to show for it:

A Smith
Palmer
Schaub
Cutler


I just don't see why everyone is so hell bent on getting a guy that really isn't necessarily needed. If your QB is good, you can win w/ what we have, I promise you that. Not only that, they're young. I understand they drop balls but if you've watched other teams play, their WRs do also. Everyone drops passes.

Trenches.....


I agree, I love the idea of having multiple capable WRs, instead of a true #1.
I think we are pretty close to, Streater and Moore look like they can be very solid, they both just need to keep on developing. If we could add 1 big body possession WR we will be fine IMO

Although Id argue that while Brees and brady have no true #1 WR, Gronk and Jimmy fill that void as their #1 receiver
_________________


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11911
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
I don't see why everyone is so hell bent on a WR. We don't have a true number 1, I understand that, but there's plenty of teams that don't have one that are having great success throwing the ball around while plenty that do, that aren't.

For example:

QBs w/ no #1 having great success:

Rivers
Brees
Rodgers
RGIII
Brady
Bradford and I can name more

QBs w/ #1 that's doesn't have much to show for it:

A Smith
Palmer
Schaub
Cutler


I just don't see why everyone is so hell bent on getting a guy that really isn't necessarily needed. If your QB is good, you can win w/ what we have, I promise you that. Not only that, they're young. I understand they drop balls but if you've watched other teams play, their WRs do also. Everyone drops passes.

Trenches.....


Agree. If you have a QB who can throw guys open and make his receivers better that's great. But the Raiders don't have that.

And I still think in this day and age being a passing league, having a go to WR is a difference maker. The Raiders lack a redzone target or a guy who can consistently make plays for the team. That would be huge no matter who the QB is.


Well, and you know this is my thought all along, we need to focus our attention elsewhere. I can kind of agree w/ the red zone notion but I'm not bringing a guy solely for red zone opportunity but I do agree we need one of them.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11911
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
I don't see why everyone is so hell bent on a WR. We don't have a true number 1, I understand that, but there's plenty of teams that don't have one that are having great success throwing the ball around while plenty that do, that aren't.

For example:

QBs w/ no #1 having great success:

Rivers
Brees
Rodgers
RGIII
Brady
Bradford and I can name more

QBs w/ #1 that's doesn't have much to show for it:

A Smith
Palmer
Schaub
Cutler


I just don't see why everyone is so hell bent on getting a guy that really isn't necessarily needed. If your QB is good, you can win w/ what we have, I promise you that. Not only that, they're young. I understand they drop balls but if you've watched other teams play, their WRs do also. Everyone drops passes.

Trenches.....


I agree, I love the idea of having multiple capable WRs, instead of a true #1.
I think we are pretty close to, Streater and Moore look like they can be very solid, they both just need to keep on developing. If we could add 1 big body possession WR we will be fine IMO

Although Id argue that while Brees and brady have no true #1 WR, Gronk and Jimmy fill that void as their #1 receiver


I would enjoy a possession guy also but I still feel Streater can be that guy. I just don't find it an extreme priority.

I can also agree w/ your logic about Smith and Gronk. I literally only thought about WRs so they didn't cross my mind. Good catch.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyHarry


Joined: 15 Mar 2006
Posts: 1803
Location: Foster City,CA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Absoooooluely not to Britt. The guy is injury prone, a head case, and apparently hasnt even been good since his rookie season according to some Titan fans. Hell naw to him. Nicks will get some solid cash for a solid player, Britt will get low cash for a super low end player.


Timeout what titans fans have u been talking to ?. His 2nd year he had 225
yard 3 td game without playing the first quarter. He ended that season with 9 tds. His third year he started with a 5 for 136 and 2 and a 9 for 128 and 1 before his injury. Dude straight took over games question is will he get his explosiveness back.


And he's a PoS. I don't want anything to do w/ him. He's a baby Randy Moss w/ less talent. No thank you.

Maybe it reflects poorly on me that I want him on the team. Im
Sure your not the only one that feels that way. Britt isn't going to win any model citizen awards but I just wanna win games Tagg and id roll the dice.
_________________

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22392
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
I don't see why everyone is so hell bent on a WR. We don't have a true number 1, I understand that, but there's plenty of teams that don't have one that are having great success throwing the ball around while plenty that do, that aren't.

For example:

QBs w/ no #1 having great success:

Rivers
Brees
Rodgers
RGIII
Brady
Bradford and I can name more

QBs w/ #1 that's doesn't have much to show for it:

A Smith
Palmer
Schaub
Cutler


I just don't see why everyone is so hell bent on getting a guy that really isn't necessarily needed. If your QB is good, you can win w/ what we have, I promise you that. Not only that, they're young. I understand they drop balls but if you've watched other teams play, their WRs do also. Everyone drops passes.

Trenches.....


Agree. If you have a QB who can throw guys open and make his receivers better that's great. But the Raiders don't have that.

And I still think in this day and age being a passing league, having a go to WR is a difference maker. The Raiders lack a redzone target or a guy who can consistently make plays for the team. That would be huge no matter who the QB is.


Well, and you know this is my thought all along, we need to focus our attention elsewhere. I can kind of agree w/ the red zone notion but I'm not bringing a guy solely for red zone opportunity but I do agree we need one of them.


The Raiders lack skill players. And until that changes, the offense is going to struggle.

Of course, that's not a call to neglect the most important aspect, the Oline. But IMO, they are a starting LG away from a solid unit. And some obvious depth as we've seen what a wave of injuries can do.

A WR who demands respect and the occasional double team would help guys like Streater and Moore. Open the field up for whomever is playing TE.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8797
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
I don't see why everyone is so hell bent on a WR. We don't have a true number 1, I understand that, but there's plenty of teams that don't have one that are having great success throwing the ball around while plenty that do, that aren't.

For example:

QBs w/ no #1 having great success:

Rivers
Brees
Rodgers
RGIII
Brady
Bradford and I can name more

QBs w/ #1 that's doesn't have much to show for it:

A Smith
Palmer
Schaub
Cutler


I just don't see why everyone is so hell bent on getting a guy that really isn't necessarily needed. If your QB is good, you can win w/ what we have, I promise you that. Not only that, they're young. I understand they drop balls but if you've watched other teams play, their WRs do also. Everyone drops passes.

Trenches.....


Agree. If you have a QB who can throw guys open and make his receivers better that's great. But the Raiders don't have that.

And I still think in this day and age being a passing league, having a go to WR is a difference maker. The Raiders lack a redzone target or a guy who can consistently make plays for the team. That would be huge no matter who the QB is.


Well, and you know this is my thought all along, we need to focus our attention elsewhere. I can kind of agree w/ the red zone notion but I'm not bringing a guy solely for red zone opportunity but I do agree we need one of them.


The Raiders lack skill players. And until that changes, the offense is going to struggle.

Of course, that's not a call to neglect the most important aspect, the Oline. But IMO, they are a starting LG away from a solid unit. And some obvious depth as we've seen what a wave of injuries can do.

A WR who demands respect and the occasional double team would help guys like Streater and Moore. Open the field up for whomever is playing TE.

Exactly. Under normal circumstances I am pro OL/DL. However I think the need is greater for a top level playmaker on offense. It would help OL and defense as well is its own small ways. And I am pretty confident that we can getting a huge upgrade at OG/DL in rounds #2/#3. Not to mention FA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11911
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
The Raiders lack skill players. And until that changes, the offense is going to struggle.

Of course, that's not a call to neglect the most important aspect, the Oline. But IMO, they are a starting LG away from a solid unit. And some obvious depth as we've seen what a wave of injuries can do.

A WR who demands respect and the occasional double team would help guys like Streater and Moore. Open the field up for whomever is playing TE.


I don't think we lack them as much as everyone thinks though. We have WRs capable of making plays. Moore and Ford have proven that. Streater is a decent possession guy and we do need a TE. RBs are found everywhere. Get a better line, throw a couple guys in there capable of catching the ball and we'll be good. This is where I feel the focus would be better served than a number 1 guy. We need a QB. We need a good RB who can catch out of the backfield. If you want to talk about opening things up, taking out the MLB or whomever for having to cover a RB going out of the backfield or even a safety has the same desired effect. We have speed, we have possession, we have guys who can get open. We need a QB who can lead them open (as someone stated) and we need good, dual threat backs.

I'm not disagreeing w/ your analysis that a number 1 WR would open things up more b/c it's true, I just feel a good RB who can command attention out of the backfield is of great value also. Not worthy of the first round pick unless it's an AD type but they are out there. Give me a Ray Rice over or Matt Forte every day of the week w/ the guys we have.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 3014
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'm not for the picking a WR in FA I mean the top WRs next year are Nicks, Maclin, and Britt. And none of those guys are true WRs.none of those guys would command double teams.

Okay heres some devils advocate: Say we go 6-10 and out of the Clowny sweepstakes.What would you say to taking a wr in the first?


We try to sign a DE (Johnson if he isn't resigned) and a guard in FA. We have the money so why not? This completes both our lines and all we have to do is add a playmaker, who really improves the offense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8797
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Honestly I'm not for the picking a WR in FA I mean the top WRs next year are Nicks, Maclin, and Britt. And none of those guys are true WRs.none of those guys would command double teams.

Okay heres some devils advocate: Say we go 6-10 and out of the Clowny sweepstakes.What would you say to taking a wr in the first?


We try to sign a DE (Johnson if he isn't resigned) and a guard in FA. We have the money so why not? This completes both our lines and all we have to do is add a playmaker, who really improves the offense.

Exactly how I see it playing out. As you said FA WR either are not playmakers or are unreliable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 24 of 59

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group