Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official: Bass to IR / Long signed pg 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
htfryar wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
Oh, and I watched the Vikings game , Floyd was not impressive one bit and that's a fact.

I can attest to this, was watching cause buddy is a Vikes fan and he did nothing to stand out.

So, y'all are saying that maybe our coaches were right for passing on him? How can that be? Our GM is a lying bafoon, our front office is incompetent and our coaches are imbeciles. :roll:

Yes, because one game matters so much with respect to the career of a rookie. It's that kind of nonsense that ruins a person's argument. Much like those who said that Peter Konz was "a bust" because he didn't immediately start his rookie year.

If I thought the topic warranted a serious argument, I would have offered one up. Instead, I used sarcasm. That's because no matter what is said in defense of the move, haters are gonna hate.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 9 tackles, 1 TFL, 0 sacks
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
There weren't any practices to watch leading up to the draft, ht. And everyone was talking about how bad Dallas' d-line was..

No, there may not have been practices, but there was film to watch on players like Bass and Crawford and of course our vets. I'm sure that Marinelli and Kiffin saw things they liked which is how/why the front office felt comfortable moving forward with what we had.

After watching the game against the Giants, I think that (and of course, it's still early to say either way) maybe they were right in their evaluation. Should be interesting to see how much better the front four looks once Spencer comes back.

Do we have Spencer back this week for sure??
still unknown, he has yet to practice. We should have a better idea tomorrow as the team returns to the field.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd (1st round draft pick, #5 on the board) - 0 tackles, 1 pass defensed
Cohen (street FA) - 1 tackle
Selvie (street FA)- 1 Sack, 1 tackle
Hayden (street FA) - 3 tackles, 1 FF

What draft pick would've helped us?

Again, remember, 5th on the board in a very weak top 10 is not necessarily better than 22nd and 23rd off the board (which is the trade we made)

This was a draft thick with 2nd and 3rd round talent and we traded in to the heart of that by passing on a top 10 player, but all top 10 players are not made equal, as ehibited by the effect on the game of Floyd, Frederick, and the above guys who joined this team off of their couches.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how some assume that because Jerry said the DL was a strength at the time of the draft, it was his opinion and his decision. Monte and Rod are the ones who put those words in his mouth, who decided to pass on Floyd, and who were confident in their ability to maximize what we had and that Floyd did not fit their scheme.

Sig courtesy of mack.
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
I love how some assume that because Jerry said the DL was a strength at the time of the draft, it was his opinion and his decision. Monte and Rod are the ones who put those words in his mouth, who decided to pass on Floyd, and who were confident in their ability to maximize what we had and that Floyd did not fit their scheme.

It is funny that Kiffen and Marinelli were regarded by pretty much everyone as great defensive coaches who were known for finding and developing quality players. Somehow, as soon as they signed with the Cowboys, there contributions to the team are dismissed and everything is Jerry's fault.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 9 tackles, 1 TFL, 0 sacks
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside, Selvie also recovered a fumble which was for some reason not credited in NFL.com's stat line
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

It is funny that Kiffen and Marinelli were regarded by pretty much everyone as great defensive coaches who were known for finding and developing quality players. Somehow, as soon as they signed with the Cowboys, there contributions to the team are dismissed and everything is Jerry's fault.

Also ignored is how they pass on Floyd as a bad fit, yet couch scouts said otherwise.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
As an aside, Selvie also recovered a fumble which was for some reason not credited in NFL.com's stat line

I'm sure they'll correct it. Either way, he had a great game.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: