Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official: Bass to IR / Long signed pg 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with not drafting any DLineman is that we have a beat up Rat and a bunch of 3-4 lineman. I as well as others understand that some lineman can translate over to either scheme, but others cannot(Lissemore). Most every one on this board viewed the Dline as a big need when the draft came up and they was right. With Ware and Spencer(if he can get healthy) on the outside our interior could have been a strong point with just a little attention. Instead we draft another TE and a 3rd receiver, I understand the looking down the road for salary cap purposes, but we needed the here and now for DL. Scoff if you want, but everyone that has complained about the trenches depth is right, just deal with it. I am glad we did address the o-line at least.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it couldn't last forever, this fourm was great for the last month. That bing said, I wonder if the injury turned out worse than original diagnose? That's the only thing I can think of that they would move him to IR, I would think they will bring someone in after week 1, anyone know what Vets are available to bring in?
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyfanin2890 wrote:
The problem with not drafting any DLineman is that we have a beat up Rat and a bunch of 3-4 lineman. I as well as others understand that some lineman can translate over to either scheme, but others cannot(Lissemore). Most every one on this board viewed the Dline as a big need when the draft came up and they was right. With Ware and Spencer(if he can get healthy) on the outside our interior could have been a strong point with just a little attention. Instead we draft another TE and a 3rd receiver, I understand the looking down the road for salary cap purposes, but we needed the here and now for DL. Scoff if you want, but everyone that has complained about the trenches depth is right, just deal with it. I am glad we did address the o-line at least.

I agree with you to an extent, while it would be great to address all our problems at once, it's just not gonna happen. Even of we had taken an D lineman instead of TE, that 1 draft pick was not gonna solve all the problems with the injuries that have occurred.
the lone star

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Seymour, let's make it happen.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:

Doesn't seem like the guy to take a cheap deal, meaning he isn't RKG. Can't see it happening.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
JWingate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Doesn't seem like the guy to take a cheap deal, meaning he isn't RKG. Can't see it happening.

He is a RKG, just because he won't take a cut in salary means nothing. A person should get paid what they believe they are worth if they don't they have a right not to work.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
the lone star wrote:

He is a RKG, just because he won't take a cut in salary means nothing. A person should get paid what they believe they are worth if they don't they have a right not to work.

I have no argument to that, but change the reason why I don't think you'll see Dallas make a play.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
TheTechnician

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
anyone know what Vets are available to bring in?

A list of DTs according to: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42077/309/?pg=3
http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2013DT.php

Richard Seymour
Corey Williams
Sione Pouha
Spencer Johnson
Casey Hampton
Rocky Bernard
Shaun Cody
Brandon McKinney
Maake Kemoeatu
Ron Edwards
Vonnie Holliday
Marcus Thomas
Ty Warren
Albert Haynesworth
Nick Eason
Antonio Johnson
Clinton McDonald
Justin Bannan
Ryan McBean
Corvey Irvin
Brian Schaefering
Amobi Okoye
Shaun Smith
Trevor Laws
Matt Toeaina
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
TheTechnician wrote:
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 5m
.@toddarcher reports Cowboys expected to put Ben Bass on IR to make room to re-sign DL Jerome Long. http://es.pn/14qXKau

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Boy, it's a good thing we loaded up on defensive linemen in the draft. Wait...

I mean, who predicts 4 injuries before game 1? I would have liked to draft DL. You know that. But your comment didn't really add anything other than spinning your wheels. If you assumed that before we played the Giants we would not have two starters and their two back-ups then you should really buy a lotto ticket.

Does the Ratliff injury really come as a surprise to anyone? He was injured when last year ended and has been injured frequently for consecutive years. Ratliff himself said that the organization knew the injury was more serious than was being reported. Now, some of this is on Ratliff for failing to rehab with the organization this offseason. Nobody has really addressed why it went down like that. But we know it did and the organization knew this as well.

I would grant you that the Spencer injury isn't something that could necessarily be predicted. And of all the injured guys on the DL, he seems the closest to playing. Similarly, the injury to Crawford was new, but not uncommon in the NFL.

But, the other injured players on the DL are only JAGs. They are or were UDFAs. But doesn't that go to Plan's point? We, as fans, are at the point where we are rooting for guys literally off the street. It's not like there wasn't DL issues entering the the draft. There were. I don't see a problem with somebody questioning whether more could have been done during the draft to address the DL... Especially considering the change in scheme.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have zero problem someone wanting more DL. Hell, most of us wanted a DL to be taken. And I missed out on my Gator. So I think I have a right to be just a miffed.

The point is, Bass going to IR is not the straw that broke the camels back. In fact, last year we were much worse off in terms of OL. We went through 6 different starting Centers alone. Sadly we have gone through 4 DL before the start of the first game. And it's really frustrating because two people that the organization is supposedly high on (for the future) are Bass and Craw and now we wont get to see either of them in real action this year.

It's annoying.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@espn_macmahon: Cowboys make Ben Bass IR move and Jerome Long signing official.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
the lone star

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
JWingate wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
the lone star wrote:

I have no argument to that, but change the reason why I don't think you'll see Dallas make a play.

Yeah, I wasn't being serious. It's very wishful thinking.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
And it's really frustrating because two people that the organization is supposedly high on (for the future) are Bass and Craw and now we wont get to see either of them in real action this year.

They can't possibly be that high on Bass, can they? They just put him on IR with a 2-4 week injury. The only rational explanation for this is that they viewed him as a player that they can easily replace via a street free agent, and thus he wasn't worth rostering spot while he was unavailable.

So either they think very highly of their ability to get legitimate rotational defenders mid-season, or they didn't think much of Bass. I wouldn't real out the former (deluded as it may be), but I would lead toward the latter.

Or maybe the injury is more serious than has been made public. But why just assume this?

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
And it's really frustrating because two people that the organization is supposedly high on (for the future) are Bass and Craw and now we wont get to see either of them in real action this year.

They can't possibly be that high on Bass, can they? They just put him on IR with a 2-4 week injury. The only rational explanation for this is that they viewed him as a player that they can easily replace via a street free agent, and thus he wasn't worth rostering spot while he was unavailable.

So either they think very highly of their ability to get legitimate rotational defenders mid-season, or they didn't think much of Bass. I wouldn't real out the former (deluded as it may be), but I would lead toward the latter.

Or maybe the injury is more serious than has been made public. But why just assume this?

[Shrugs] He is the reason Hatcher doesn't believe he will get a long term deal with us.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTechnician wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
anyone know what Vets are available to bring in?

A list of DTs according to: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42077/309/?pg=3
http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2013DT.php

Richard Seymour
Corey Williams
Sione Pouha
Spencer Johnson
Casey Hampton
Rocky Bernard
Shaun Cody
Brandon McKinney
Maake Kemoeatu
Ron Edwards
Vonnie Holliday
Marcus Thomas
Ty Warren
Albert Haynesworth
Nick Eason
Antonio Johnson
Clinton McDonald
Justin Bannan
Ryan McBean
Corvey Irvin
Brian Schaefering
Amobi Okoye
Shaun Smith
Trevor Laws
Matt Toeaina

As I wrote elsewher, that list makes me want to zip up my check book and wait for Ratliff. I am happier with Long than most, if not all, of those guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: