Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Keith Bulluck: Titans faked injuries to slow down offenses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Keith Bulluck: Titans faked injuries to slow down offenses Reply with quote

Quote:
Brian Urlacher recently admitted members of the Bears faked injuries to slow high-powered offenses.

Another linebacker from Urlacher's generation, Keith Bulluck, said that the Tennessee Titans used to do the same.

“You kidding me? Yeah of course,” Bulluck said in his weekly appearance on The Midday 180 in Nashville, of which I am a part. “It’s one of the things if the offense is going too fast. Offenses do that for many different reasons. I know for us they would do that, the Colts were legendary at doing that, go hurry-up offense either when Albert (Haynesworth) was on the field to get him tired or when he was off the field do hurry-up offense so he couldn’t get back on the field.

“Those 300-pounder, they’re in shape for their size, but to go seven, eight snaps in a row at a rapid pace, they might as well not even be out there. So yeah, it happens, it’s been happening, it’s nothing new and I don’t even know why people are surprised.”

Bulluck said the Titans sometimes got a signal from the sideline and sometimes it came from him.

“Look man, somebody needs to go down. I remember Robaire Smith used to hate doing that. If he had to be the guy, he was like, ‘I’m not going down,” Bulluck said. “Because at the end of the day, it looks weak. It does look week. You’re out there, ‘Ohh, ahh I’m hurt.' Then you walk off the field and you’re back in in a few plays.

“I remember Robaire Smith cussed me out in the middle of a game because I told him he had to take a dive. Then he got to the sideline and then cussed (defensive line coach Jim) Washburn out too. So it’s not always a favorable tactic. But you do what you’ve got to do sometimes.”

Guys who are past their playing days are fine talking about it now.

It’s a tough thing for the league to police as it’s happening.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/53564/bulluck-says-titans-faked-injuries-too
Tom Brady Tribute
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a non story IMO all teams do it. Most famous was the Pats in 03 vs Indy on a Sunday and the Pats won with a goalline stand and i think Willy Mcguinnes faked the injury. I accept that more than i do spygate.

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 11 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty obvious all teams do this. Robaire Smith's reaction is funny though.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to think Haynesworth was the guy taking the fall for the injuries he would always come out a game and come right back in

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 11 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: