Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Bengals @ Bears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
futbudds

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Who-dey wrote:
We have the worst starting rb in the league.

Lamar Miller had 10 touches for -3 yards. We win

Don't forget the David of the giants...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts are below

- dalton looked sharp. He could have played the first pick better, but obviously the 2nd wasn't him and it was a hell of a pass. He looked great throwing deep, was smart with check downs and got rid of the ball quickly.

- Green is an animal, but he really needs help. Sanu was a non factor unless you count his fumble. Gresham and Eifert were solid all day, but we need someone to step up and be a true #2. It is still very early so no panic there.

- BJGE was awful. Don't get me wrong, the Bears run D is good and our o line didn't help him, but he offered nothing as far as burst or moves. He did do what he does best and that was convert on 3rd and 1. Gio showed great burst in limited touches. I would love to see him on the field more.

- o line was great in pass protection especially Collins. But they didn't open many holes for the running game. For as bad as they looked in preseason I was pleased with their showing, but we need more running lanes.

- d line did great to stop Forte, but where was the pass rush? The rookie right side of the line kept the best d line in football at bay and allowed Cutler to pick apart our secondary. Hopefully they generate more pressure against Pitt, because 4 pressures is not enough

- Burfict was great. Rey actually played well I thought, but still shows his immaturity. Harrison did exactly what I expected in blowing up running plays and disrupting the offense. Just need more pressure out of him. Didn't see much of Mays as the nickel. Would love some feedback if anyone saw better

- secondary was tough to judge. They were doing well early, but no pass rush got to them. They can't cover forever and leaving Marshall wide open for the game winning TD. Watched a lot of the game on my phone so tough to tell too much more.

Marvin has always been the worst game manager and this game is on him IMO. Yes boneheaded plays hurt us, but Marvin cost us 3 at the end of the 1st half, burning all our timeouts early is inexcusable and leaving BJGE in with a 1.8 average kills me. Marvin should give up time management duties to anyone else because he constantly kills us.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
futbudds

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know It's only one game but I'm on the Zim in 2014 train
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that continues to kill me about BJGE is the teams continued attempts to "confuse" the opposition by running him wide on sweeps and taking Gio straight up the middle. part of it was due to lack of running lanes, but two or three designed sweeps for the Lawfirm is ridiculous. The man is a grinder. Use him the way you intended to when they signed him. He still gets the tough yards up the middle.

I can't blame him when the team continuews to do things with him he isn't good at.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positives:
1. Andy Dalton - Man, I was thoroughly impressed. After the first INT he came back and played as well as i've ever seen him. Worked the audible all day, made smart check downs, great strikes downfield (Green's corner to get us off our goaline.) The most impressive throw of the day IMO was his second INT. Hit Green right on the helmet but AJ took his eyes off it. He was deadly accurate all day.

2. Vontaze Burfict - He was flying around all game. Looked like he was involved on every tackle. Made reads fast and got to the ball carrier quickly. He is clearly the leader of this defense. This season he is really going to break out. Maualuga, aside from the bonehead penalty, played awesome as well.

3. Jermaine Gresham - I'm not sure if this game was a fluke, but he played awesome. Really put his YAC ability on display and made a lot of first downs. Looks like he really wants a contract.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
My thoughts are below

- dalton looked sharp. He could have played the first pick better, but obviously the 2nd wasn't him and it was a hell of a pass. He looked great throwing deep, was smart with check downs and got rid of the ball quickly.

- Green is an animal, but he really needs help. Sanu was a non factor unless you count his fumble. Gresham and Eifert were solid all day, but we need someone to step up and be a true #2. It is still very early so no panic there.

- BJGE was awful. Don't get me wrong, the Bears run D is good and our o line didn't help him, but he offered nothing as far as burst or moves. He did do what he does best and that was convert on 3rd and 1. Gio showed great burst in limited touches. I would love to see him on the field more.

- o line was great in pass protection especially Collins. But they didn't open many holes for the running game. For as bad as they looked in preseason I was pleased with their showing, but we need more running lanes.

- d line did great to stop Forte, but where was the pass rush? The rookie right side of the line kept the best d line in football at bay and allowed Cutler to pick apart our secondary. Hopefully they generate more pressure against Pitt, because 4 pressures is not enough

- Burfict was great. Rey actually played well I thought, but still shows his immaturity. Harrison did exactly what I expected in blowing up running plays and disrupting the offense. Just need more pressure out of him. Didn't see much of Mays as the nickel. Would love some feedback if anyone saw better

- secondary was tough to judge. They were doing well early, but no pass rush got to them. They can't cover forever and leaving Marshall wide open for the game winning TD. Watched a lot of the game on my phone so tough to tell too much more.

Marvin has always been the worst game manager and this game is on him IMO. Yes boneheaded plays hurt us, but Marvin cost us 3 at the end of the 1st half, burning all our timeouts early is inexcusable and leaving BJGE in with a 1.8 average kills me. Marvin should give up time management duties to anyone else because he constantly kills us.

Just watched the game over, and 'ocho' just about sums it up nicely.

Disappointing loss, but if you are going to lose games, best do it versus the NFC teams, and win the AFC match-ups.

Would add that the double TE sets looked good for us, and our 3rd down offence looks like its much better this year, Gresham had one of his better games INO.

PIT Monday night is almost a must win for us now............
don't like the idea of going into the Packer game 0-2, with 5 ot the following 7 games on the road. That's tough........
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
our 3rd down offence looks like its much better this year, Gresham had one of his better games INO.

Best in the league actually. 7/11. Next best was Indy at 6/10.

Last year they were 77/217 (34.1%), good for 27th. Best in the league was New England at 48.7%.

If they run the ball better on first and second down, that's something they can do much better in this year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
BathBengal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
our 3rd down offence looks like its much better this year, Gresham had one of his better games INO.

Last year they were 77/217 (34.1%), good for 27th. Best in the league was New England at 48.7%.

If they run the ball better on first and second down, that's something they can do much better in this year.

This is why I think Eifert could be an inspired draft pick. We sucked on 3rd down last year and 2 big targets in a 2TE set can get us those crucial first downs that we just didn't get last year. And yeah GIVE GIO THE BALL!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BathBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

This is why I think Eifert could be an inspired draft pick. We sucked on 3rd down last year and 2 big targets in a 2TE set can get us those crucial first downs that we just didn't get last year. And yeah GIVE GIO THE BALL!!!

Yup, 70% of our offensive plays v CHI included at least 2 x TE's.

IMO, 2 x TE;s gives the defence fits because they have to primarily read whether the TE's are blocking or catching, and Sanu is big and strong enough to block run and catch; (oh, and pass too).

Our offence could be damned good this year, if only we can knock out those penalties and turnovers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: