Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Bengals @ Bears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
futbudds wrote:
Can at least watch the Steelers lose

Looks like the whole AFCN is starting 0-1. Makes this loss sting a little bit more.

that's the only good thing. we are all still tied up. just cant believe we blew this game. cant turnover the football and have stupid penalties and expect to win.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the more frustrating losses I've watched as a Bengal fan. We played like idiots. Too many stupid penalties, horrible clock management (as usual), and too many players didn't have their heads in the game. The decision to pass on 2nd and 15 from your own 8 with 50 seconds left in the half was idiotic; I nearly lost it when they threw a pass. You have virtually no chance at making a scoring drive at that point. Run up the middle two straight plays, go into the half up 7, and don't even give the Bears a chance to kick a field goal. But no, awful playcalling and the Bears eventually get the FG. Stupid plays like that drive me mad...

Defense was awful in the 2nd half. I'm not sure who it's on for the three wasted timeouts due to 12 on the field, but that is absolutely inexcusable. There is no other team in football who will burn all three timeouts in any half due to something stupid like that again this season. Like I said, there's just no excuse for something like that.

Oh, and the turnovers (especially the Sanu fumble) were more avoidable mistakes that ultimately cost us the game. If Sanu doesn't fumble that ball and the Bengals score a TD, in all likelihood they put the game away.

Just a stupid game played by the Bengals. So much talent and yet somehow, they find a way to lose. Our opening five weeks is brutal. This is a game we needed to win and in reality, should have won. Terrible loss. They desperately need to bounce back with a win next week; the schedule doesn't get any easier.

Dammit. I have such a bad taste in my mouth.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game fellas, I'm still standing by my prediction that Cincy wins the AFC North. You guys have a hell of a team. AJ Green is in all honesty IMO the best WR in the NFL, just ridiculous what he did out there today. However, I would be extremely dissapointed in Zimmer and how your Defense played down the stretch, I dont know what the hell Rey was thinking, might have been one of the dumber plays I've ever seen.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Walshy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Rey still playing football?

Honestly I can't believe we won that that game. We were totally outplayed. But at least you aren't the Steelers, they have some serious problems. The Bears got lucky this game.

Adopt-Bear:Jon Bostic Tackles: 56 INT:1 Sack:1
futbudds

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mistakes are at least fixable, I can't say that for the rest of the afc north.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
The bears offense has given up a total of 149 sacks for the last 3 years now. That's not gonna sit well with a bengals defense that knows how to get after the QB. If the bears want to win, the OL has to do its job

As for the bengals offense, thats the bigger question mark. It doesn't really matter if Dalton throws alot of yards or not because that might not help the team win.

Here's the biggest key stat you will ever find on the bengals as or right now at the moment. Under head coach Marvin Lewis. When a QB throws for over 300 yards, the bengals are 7-16. When a RB rushes for over 100 yards, the bengals are 36-7. Law firm only had four 100 yard games last year and they were 4-0 in those games.

Run the ball. Don't put the pressure on Dalton when the answer to success on the offense is right here. I don't care if its the Law Firm or Gio Bernard, if one of those guys were to run for over 100 yards, the bengals wont lose. And that will help this team succeed for the rest of the season as well, if they choose to go with that formula.

Of the 9 OL that made our final 53, only 1 was on our roster over that 3 year time span... So I think that argument is a little bit old. And another interesting stat to go along with yours, 3 of Jay Cutler's 4 300+ yard games came in week 1 of the Regular season, all 3 were Wins.

Yeah but the fact that they struggled to fix that problem for 3 years is a reason that stat was a concern. But not today.......

I couldn't believe the bengals couldn't get one sack all game. Maybe the bears OL is actually for real this time, or the bengals DL is overrated now because those guys hit the big payday and some players underachieve once they hit the bank.

Either way too many stupid mistakes killed the team today. And the Bears took advantage of it. So congrats either way. No excuses from me. You won, we lost. Time to focus on the steelers
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the passing game played good today, but it doesn't really matter, because the only reason it played good today was because they didnt establish the run at all. If you can't run the ball, your forcing your team to throw it more, and thus your gonna make stupid mistakes in the process

Penalties and Turnovers killed the team though. I though the defense played great for the most part, but giving up 3 turnovers and allowing the bears to cash in most of there points off of it will kill you.

Discipline was not there. Fights broke out this game too many times, and Rey Maualuga pretty much put the dagger on this team because he couldn't keep his cool. I really don't understand what people see out of this guy at all........

The bright spot was they did shutdown the run. Do that next week against the steelers and they can win. The big key still is they need to run the football. That is gonna be the winning formula for this team, it just has to be. Steelers are a hard team to run on, but there's always a first for everything
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing that we were even in that game. Tons of penalties, 4 turnovers, Rey Maualuga showing he still can't read misdirection at all, BJGE has no wiggle whatsoever, h all our WR without a last name ending in 'reen' looked pedestian.

The positives:

-AJ is AJ, gotta love that.
-Gio is for real. He should be playing as much as BJGE played today or more from now on.
-I thought Dalton played well. The first INT was more on AJ imo
-Burfict is the man, clearly the leader on our D
-Both TE looked real good.
-We're still in a four way tie for first place in the AFCN!

Other negatives:
-Pass rush was a little off. We got pressure, but we never really even got close to sealing the deal
-Just so disorganized

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another big positive, we stayed healthy.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
futbudds

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Another big positive, we stayed healthy.

Yep, Steelers lost pouncey too. Bounce back game for Geno next Monday?
4DaBERS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game fellas.

It sounds like a lot of guys on here are discouraged by stupid mistakes. I can certainly appreciate that, but keep in mind that this was the first game of the season. You can't really count the Pre-Season because the vets all look at pre-season as throw away games and don't take them seriously. The first two games (regular season) are ALWAYS sloppy, regardless of who you play or who you are; they just are. Hell, my Bears were sloppy as well. Tackling was terrible; Lance Briggs is a pro-bowl LB and he missed several tackles yesterday (at least three that I counted). Did anyone watch ANY games yesterday where EITHER team looked sharp? I doubt it. The Giants-Cowboys game was pathetic.

The point is, this game could have had a different outcome if played in mid-season. Maybe it wouldn't, but the results would most likely come from different reasons. MOST of the NFL teams will clean up these stupid mistakes in another game or two, then we're off to the races. This is the primary reason why I hate the NFL having CRITICAL Division games to start the season. Let all the teams get into the regular season swing before playing Division opponents.
Who-dey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the worst starting rb in the league.

Adopt a Bengal: Reggie Nelson and Mike Zimmer
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who-dey wrote:

BJGE 15 carries for 25 yards, five of those on tree TD run that Andre Smith could have converted
Gio 4 carries for 22 yards and an 8 yard carry erased by a penalty

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who-dey wrote:

Lamar Miller had 10 touches for -3 yards. We win

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who-dey wrote:

Been saying it all preseason. We're the only team dumb enough to start our 4th best runner.

Haven't seen the game yet but something tells me I don't want to...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: