Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Safety Jairus Byrd trying to orchestrate a trade
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Bills Safety Jairus Byrd trying to orchestrate a trade Reply with quote

Quote:
Jairus Byrd and his agent are trying to engineer a trade from the Buffalo Bills by the NFL trade deadline, sources say.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/sources-byrd-agent-trying-to-orchestrate-trade-20130904

Not sure what the Bills could get for him because a team will need to pay a draft pick and a new contract to get him which is a lot, and in addition I'm not sure why Byrd is pushing for a trade at this point if the deadline for new contracts for franchise tagged player passed and he won't be able to get one until next off-season which in fact might make the team who trades for him worry that he might leave them in the next free-agency anyway.

Tom Brady Tribute
Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills probably couldn't get much for him, especially if he's vocally seeking a trade or the one demanding one. Whenever a player demands a trade it seems like their value drops one or two rounds in draft picks. And he's got a nagging injury I think that would lower the value. And he's got a high salary number due to the franchise tag. This all puts the Bills in a tough situation unfortunately because Byrd is worth at least a second round pick if none of the above is involved. I wish he would stay with the Bills because of that one team with that one quarterback in the division.

It's not going to happen, but I would literally jump for joy if the Packers traded for him.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better be all over this.

Weakest position on the team for us.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does Eugene Parker have against Buffalo? I think the Buffalo brass just needs to not go after any players he represents in the future, because he always seems to pull this. First Jason Peters and now Jairus Byrd?

I hate having Jairus Byrd stuck in the middle of any sort of fight, but Doug Whaley needs to show him that they won't give in to these antics. Refuse to trade him, tag him again this year if he won't sign a reasonable contract, then refuse to trade him again.

If he wants to hold out or play games, he'll only be hurting his value when he does hit Free Agency.

That said, they shouldn't hurt the team to send a message. If they get a really nice trade offer for a player trying to get out of town, they should take it. But I can't see anyone paying enough to be worth it when they can't sign a new contract with him this year, and they shouldn't be forced into trading him cheap.

I wouldn't let him go for anything less than a first round pick from a team expected to finish in the top 15.
Luke1592

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
What does Eugene Parker have against Buffalo? I think the Buffalo brass just needs to not go after any players he represents in the future, because he always seems to pull this. First Jason Peters and now Jairus Byrd?

I hate having Jairus Byrd stuck in the middle of any sort of fight, but Doug Whaley needs to show him that they won't give in to these antics. Refuse to trade him, tag him again this year if he won't sign a reasonable contract, then refuse to trade him again.

If he wants to hold out or play games, he'll only be hurting his value when he does hit Free Agency.

That said, they shouldn't hurt the team to send a message. If they get a really nice trade offer for a player trying to get out of town, they should take it. But I can't see anyone paying enough to be worth it when they can't sign a new contract with him this year, and they shouldn't be forced into trading him cheap.

I wouldn't let him go for anything less than a first round pick from a team expected to finish in the top 15.

Don't blame Byrd or Eugene Parker they are just doing their jobs, blame the %@#%y front office that will give a HUGE contract to a very overrated free agent. but won't give a long term contract to arguably the best player on the team.
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke1592 wrote:
Don't blame Byrd or Eugene Parker they are just doing their jobs, blame the %@#%y front office that will give a HUGE contract to a very overrated free agent. but won't give a long term contract to arguably the best player on the team.

I don't blame the front office at all for Byrd. Apparently they offered to pay him as a top 5 safety in the league, despite knowing he had a lingering injury from last season. Parker insisted Byrd be paid as the top safety in the league.

I'll say it right here, they should not have paid Byrd what his agent was demanding.

If he'd been willing to negotiate to some middle ground, that would be one thing, but everything I've heard says the way Eugene Parker plays it that he gives a take it or leave it offer and then refuses to negotiate.
zelbell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

this x10000000000000

Thank god we have extra picks this year too Cool

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: well this is awkward
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo better trade him if they don't want him to become a Jet in 2014. We'll have the money to snatch him.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jairus Byrd playing the pass game and Eric Berry playing the run game

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by simonwayne on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaming the Bills for giving a "HUGE" contract to a "overrated player" is just silly. First off Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey were running that show, not Doug Whaley or even Marrone.

Bryd isn't the best S in the league, so why would the Bills pay him that much especially knowing his injury history. They offered him top 5 money...hardly lowballing him at all. He just needs to show up and play (when healthy?) not sit out and whine about something that will not change.

Obviously I am biased but I fail to see how the Bills bras is at fault here.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

Our need for a safety is greater than your need. Plus the Oregon connection has to count for something, right?
zelbell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

Our need for a safety is greater than your need. Plus the Oregon connection has to count for something, right?
TJ Ward's from Oregon Wink

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: well this is awkward
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
TJ Ward's from Oregon Wink
I'll raise you Chip Kelly, Casey Matthews, Pat Chung, and Jeff Maehl. Plus two PS guys are from Oregon.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wants to at in the same house his daddy did and for the vet minimum. Make it so NFL gods!

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I'd love to get him.....Pair him back there with Chung......Byrd can drop back into coverage and Chung can play in the box sometimes. They played together at Oregon as well and came out the same year in 2009.

Not to mention all the other former Ducks on the Eagles....and Chip.

It's quite possible Byrd would most want to play here. Maybe not who knows but seems like he would.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: