Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Walter's mock Updated 9/14/13 3rd. round added go to pg. 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12215
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ_eIM9EV0I


yea I'll take that in the 2nd round thank you


Dude is elite at body control, manipulating defenders and vision. He runs like I used to run (in style). I like watching players who make everyone else look like they belong in a lower league. That being said, I'm not sure how it will translate to the NFL where you aren't usually granted the type of space to make multiple people miss. He certainly won't be an every down back, but he could be Eric Metcalfesque.


no he wouldn't be an every down back but he can also be utilized in the slot, screens, swing passes. similar to how the Saints use Sproles. his speed and elusiveness would definitely translate to the NFL imo.
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient


TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31099
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ_eIM9EV0I


yea I'll take that in the 2nd round thank you


Dude is elite at body control, manipulating defenders and vision. He runs like I used to run (in style). I like watching players who make everyone else look like they belong in a lower league. That being said, I'm not sure how it will translate to the NFL where you aren't usually granted the type of space to make multiple people miss. He certainly won't be an every down back, but he could be Eric Metcalfesque.


no he wouldn't be an every down back but he can also be utilized in the slot, screens, swing passes. similar to how the Saints use Sproles. his speed and elusiveness would definitely translate to the NFL imo.


he will be used how the Saints use Sporles, why use that example, use the example. Turner would use him the way he used Sproles in his offense in SD lol TRich would be out LT type do everything back and DAT would be the perfect all purse play. I doubt he falls to the 2nd. If Austin has a great season for the Rams and DAT has a great offseason working out and killing the combine he wont fall out of the top20 IMO for how big of an offensive threat he could be
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12215
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ_eIM9EV0I


yea I'll take that in the 2nd round thank you


Dude is elite at body control, manipulating defenders and vision. He runs like I used to run (in style). I like watching players who make everyone else look like they belong in a lower league. That being said, I'm not sure how it will translate to the NFL where you aren't usually granted the type of space to make multiple people miss. He certainly won't be an every down back, but he could be Eric Metcalfesque.


no he wouldn't be an every down back but he can also be utilized in the slot, screens, swing passes. similar to how the Saints use Sproles. his speed and elusiveness would definitely translate to the NFL imo.


he will be used how the Saints use Sporles, why use that example, use the example. Turner would use him the way he used Sproles in his offense in SD lol TRich would be out LT type do everything back and DAT would be the perfect all purse play. I doubt he falls to the 2nd. If Austin has a great season for the Rams and DAT has a great offseason working out and killing the combine he wont fall out of the top20 IMO for how big of an offensive threat he could be


ah I forgot that Norv had him in SD, You could even use some two back sets with both T-Rich and DAT then shift DAT out wide or in the slot. LET THE MAMBA STRIKE!!!!!
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient


TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarkPrice25


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Posts: 983
Location: Bowling Green, OH
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Our franchise has a fascination for weak armed QBs. Other than DA and Weeden our QBs have had noodle arms. I don't get it.


Tim Couch?

Anyway, I'd much rather have Derek Carr than Johnny Manziel. Bradley Roby is perfect in the first, though.
_________________

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgX


Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 10911
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Roby in the first round, especially considering the Browns are picking outside the top ten. The mock before was awful - he had the Browns picking Marqise Lee in the top five. That wouldn't be a good selection period, but especially in the top five.

If the Browns draft a QB in round two, I would much rather have Carr, Hundley, Fales or McCarron. I might even rather have Mariota in round three than Manziel in round two.
_________________
Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StewieRules


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 1638
Location: jacksonville
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone projecting Mariota to come out? I like that kid, I'd be happy with that selection too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12215
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
Is anyone projecting Mariota to come out? I like that kid, I'd be happy with that selection too


Mariotta is a bit of an enigma to me, he looks to me like he could be a spread QB that could be a very good nfl passer, but it's tough to tell for sure because if that offense
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient


TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StewieRules


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 1638
Location: jacksonville
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean - thing with him is I see a good (not elite arm) very good mobility and the ability to make a play out of nothing - a bit of impromptu Ben to him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12215
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
I know what you mean - thing with him is I see a good (not elite arm) very good mobility and the ability to make a play out of nothing - a bit of impromptu Ben to him


you see he drives the ball very well though
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient


TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mastercheddaar


Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Posts: 4995
Location: Northeast Ohio.. Obviously
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
I'm going to chime in here for a second if you don't mind and play the 'devil's advocate'.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say the Browns go 3-13; yeah, yeah I know... lol.

If they have a shot at him, do you think that the Browns would draft QB Teddy Bridgewater?


Yes. I think we have to then go DB in the second and see if any players drops for a trade back into the 2nd.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
_________________
For those that don't know:
NFL - AFC Browns, NFC Eagles
Basket Ball - Cavs
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cortes02


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2084
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
StewieRules wrote:
I know what you mean - thing with him is I see a good (not elite arm) very good mobility and the ability to make a play out of nothing - a bit of impromptu Ben to him


you see he drives the ball very well though


I know a lot of people don't like Mariota much but besides Bridgewater, in my eyes, he has the tools to become a "special" talent in the NFL. I'll take him.


Peace!!
_________________

Sig By Kempes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12215
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cortes02 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
StewieRules wrote:
I know what you mean - thing with him is I see a good (not elite arm) very good mobility and the ability to make a play out of nothing - a bit of impromptu Ben to him


you see he drives the ball very well though


I know a lot of people don't like Mariota much but besides Bridgewater, in my eyes, he has the tools to become a "special" talent in the NFL. I'll take him.


Peace!!


I like Hundley at ucla too
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient


TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cattleman78


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 6975
Location: ohio
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated Walter's mock on page 1 my initial posting.
_________________
browns and indian fan 7272


Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31099
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love me some Tajh Boyd but I dont see us drafting 3
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
cattleman78


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 6975
Location: ohio
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
i love me some Tajh Boyd but I dont see us drafting 3


I don't either but I can't blame anyone for listing us that high after Sunday's outcome. Also after free agency next year a couple of those corner backs will fall to the second round. Mock drafts don't take into account free agency.
_________________
browns and indian fan 7272


Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group