Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Walter's mock Updated 9/14/13 3rd. round added go to pg. 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cattleman78

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Walter's mock Updated 9/14/13 3rd. round added go to pg. 5 Reply with quote

We pick 13th so he is showing us more respect.
1st rd. Bradley Roby c.b. o.s.u. I like this pick. Roby looks like a good corner and he is listed at 5'11' so he is tall enough.

2nd round Johnny Manziel q.b. tex. a and m. I actually like getting Manziel in the second round even though he has some growing up to do.

He has Pitt. drafting 16th James Hurst o.t. And Christian Jones in the 2nd rd.

Cinci picks 21st and grabs Jackson Jeffcoat def. end and than Travis Swanson center in the 2nd rd.

Balt. picks 26th and grabs Kyle Van Noy d.e./o.lb. and Colt Lyerla t.e. in the 2nd. rd.

Austin - Seferian - Jenkins t.e. goes number 11 to the lions.

The update.

Charlie Campbell of Walter's football has just updated his two round mock. Has us picking 9th and drafting Roby also. In the 2nd. round another interesting pick in De'Anthony Thomas r.b./w.r. Oregon. Thomas is probably the fastest man in college football. Only 5'9" and 173 lbs. though. With Dion Lewis coming back next year and Travis Benjamon here I doubt we would draft Thomas in the 2nd rd. Now if he slips a round we could very well use one of our 3rds. on him.

Walter now has us drafting number 3
rd. 1 Tajh Boyd q.b. Clemson
rd.2 Donte Moncrief w.r. ole miss.

I'd probably prefer a corner in rd. 2 but seven corners were took in rd. 1 so corner might have been a reach early in the second round.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended

Last edited by cattleman78 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:24 am; edited 4 times in total
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love the Roby pick...that would give us 2 great DBs playing behind our Front7

hell no to Johnny Football...

The guy is a butthole on the field and a butthole off the field. He doesnt have the arm to play in a Norv Turner. looking at the Mock and the QBs still left I would rather have McCarron or Carr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babies get mauled if we pick Manziel

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to chime in here for a second if you don't mind and play the 'devil's advocate'.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say the Browns go 3-13; yeah, yeah I know... lol.

If they have a shot at him, do you think that the Browns would draft QB Teddy Bridgewater?

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
mchjstnk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
I'm going to chime in here for a second if you don't mind and play the 'devil's advocate'.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say the Browns go 3-13; yeah, yeah I know... lol.

If they have a shot at him, do you think that the Browns would draft QB Teddy Bridgewater?

Simple answer....YES
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchjstnk wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

Simple answer....YES

Ya

I still think we take one in the first round unless Weeden shocked the world.

The FO isn't tied to him and seemingly doesn't trust him.

The good thing is there are SUPPOSED to be a lot of good QB's coming out this year.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:

If we do that badly it's because Weeden sucked, in which case we definitely would.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could land Roby, sign Byrd and get Manziel in the 2nd.

We could be well on our way as an organization.

Manziel
Richardson
Gordon/Little/Benjamin/Bess/Nelson
Cameron
Thomas
Pinkston
Mack
Greco
Schwartz

Rubin
Taylor
Bryant
Kruger
Jackson
Robertson
Sheard/Mingo
Haden
Byrd
Ward
Roby

Go to try and find a big hole.

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Browns were picking higher. I would love to trade down for maybe an extra first in the draft or some extra 2nd.

I much rather have Boyd then Teddy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If manziel ends up on this team....... Epic meltdown happening like cherynobl plus the Japanese place combined. And yes if we end up 3-13 give
Me bridgewater, he is the best QB in this class, he does it all, he can throw deep he can throw short he is accurate, he has great pocket presence, he goes through his reads, he is a leader. He does everything you want your QB to do

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

buno67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
If manziel ends up on this team....... Epic meltdown happening like cherynobl plus the Japanese place combined. And yes if we end up 3-13 give
Me bridgewater, he is the best QB in this class, he does it all, he can throw deep he can throw short he is accurate, he has great pocket presence, he goes through his reads, he is a leader. He does everything you want your QB to do

I take Boyd, Does all that and has played in the spot light a lot more then Bridgewater. Georgia wont be the toughest team Boyd plays all year. If Louisville played Georgia, it be one of the toughest teams they played in 3years. I can see boyd transitioning to the NFL game a lot better then Teddy. Boyd reminds me of a more naturally talented Russel Wilson.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty confident Manziel will be a good pro. However, I don't think he fits this system too well. Chud has made use of mobile QBs before, but they've always had cannon arms. Same goes for Norv. If we're picking a QB in round two my best bet is on Derek Carr or Logan Thomas. Thomas is potential unrealized, but I'd be happy with Carr as the selection.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

I take Boyd, Does all that and has played in the spot light a lot more then Bridgewater. Georgia wont be the toughest team Boyd plays all year. If Louisville played Georgia, it be one of the toughest teams they played in 3years. I can see boyd transitioning to the NFL game a lot better then Teddy. Boyd reminds me of a more naturally talented Russel Wilson.

you cant blame bridgewater for the conference he plays in though, He played extremely well in the bowl game last year against a very good Florida team, Boyd has also struggled in the big moment. as well. If I am looking at pure QB skill I am taking Bridgewater over Boyd, I like Boyd I am not saying he isnt good, but I would not take him over Bridgewater

candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our franchise has a fascination for weak armed QBs. Other than DA and Weeden our QBs have had noodle arms. I don't get it.

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Our franchise has a fascination for weak armed QBs. Other than DA and Weeden our QBs have had noodle arms. I don't get it.

I hear ya, Arm strength isnt everything but it makes things alot easier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: