Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Piligrimage to Cleveland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12348
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Eat at melt if you get the chance.

Seriously


That's the grilled cheese place isn't it
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fatpig


Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 2435
Location: cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Eat at melt if you get the chance.

Seriously


That's the grilled cheese place isn't it


mmmmmmm. one of the few restaurants where i regularly can't finish my plate. great amount of food for the price. i just wouldn't go anytime between 5-8pm unless you're a fan of waiting a long time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 10165
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Eat at melt if you get the chance.

Seriously


That's the grilled cheese place isn't it


mmmmmmm. one of the few restaurants where i regularly can't finish my plate. great amount of food for the price. i just wouldn't go anytime between 5-8pm unless you're a fan of waiting a long time.


I've never been there but I've tried so many times. Everytime I go to the Lakewood one there is a 45 min wait. I'm beginning to think there is no restaurant inside and it's all a joke on me
_________________
Adopt A Brown:Spencer Lanning

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 21330
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wait definitely blows.

Though I think it's worth it.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5843
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, dawg... youve gotten alot of good advice. Heres to gaining 15 lbs when you visit CLE. Wink
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13467
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was just in town last weekend, will be back for the game on Sunday!!!

Anyone been to Gibbs Butcher Block?

Hoe-Lee Ish.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Ether


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 2010
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
fatpig wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Eat at melt if you get the chance.

Seriously


That's the grilled cheese place isn't it


mmmmmmm. one of the few restaurants where i regularly can't finish my plate. great amount of food for the price. i just wouldn't go anytime between 5-8pm unless you're a fan of waiting a long time.


I've never been there but I've tried so many times. Everytime I go to the Lakewood one there is a 45 min wait. I'm beginning to think there is no restaurant inside and it's all a joke on me


I've only been to the one in Cleveland Heights and have managed to avoid brutal waits (most of the time), but then again after the first time going during dinner hours I never tried again.

It's excellent though, and definitely unique. I only know a couple people that don't like it. I would suggest something but it's hard to go wrong.

You guys are making me miss Cleveland.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bruceb


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 7037
Location: Rocky River, OH
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going to the West Side Market, which I highly recommend for the experience, go across the street to Bar Cento for the best value meal anywhere - Big Board (artisan meats, cheeses, pickled vegs and crispy flatbread...$19).

Or go about 3/4 block down W. 25th to Crop. Grand ambiance (old, opulent bank) and the best bartenders in CLE!
_________________
Everything happens exactly the way it is supposed to happen...otherwise, it would happen some other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
big poppa pump


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 1875
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
If you are going to the West Side Market, which I highly recommend for the experience, go across the street to Bar Cento for the best value meal anywhere - Big Board (artisan meats, cheeses, pickled vegs and crispy flatbread...$19).

Or go about 3/4 block down W. 25th to Crop. Grand ambiance (old, opulent bank) and the best bartenders in CLE!



I've been here for lunch. It was outstanding.
_________________

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 21330
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... are you in town yet? What spots have you checked out?
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 17115
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
So... are you in town yet? What spots have you checked out?


Jumping the gun, nug.

DaWg_LB. wrote:
I will be in town on Sep 26th (late) and bouncing out first thing Monday Morning Sept 30th........coming to see the Battle of Ohio.......

_________________

#FreeJoshGordon
Thomas5737 wrote:
In my sexy opinion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 21330
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
So... are you in town yet? What spots have you checked out?


Jumping the gun, nug.

DaWg_LB. wrote:
I will be in town on Sep 26th (late) and bouncing out first thing Monday Morning Sept 30th........coming to see the Battle of Ohio.......



lol whoops
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jimmytruckstop


Joined: 17 Jun 2013
Posts: 515
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
That's awesome man, you're going to be surprised with Cleveland given the rest of the country's ignorance to how great our city is. Not sure what your preferences are, but to follow on what fatpig said, if you're really into making it an authentic Cleveland experience, here are some different options:
- Don't care about money? Try Lola on E 4th street. It's one of iron-chef Michael Symon's restaurants and the hanger steak is amazing. It's pricey though and you'll want to make reservations (opentable.com) asap. It really showcases why Cleveland is one of the best restaurant cities in the country.
- Ohio City is a stone's throw away from downtown and a popular night life locale... Bar Cento there serves specialty pizzas that were voted the best in Ohio by food network. If you're going to the West Side market, it's right across the street. My suggestion is the sunny side (anything with a fried egg is pure bliss for me)
- Definitely got to hit up Slyman's deli for lunch on Friday or Saturday (this is a must!). Best corned beef sandwich...ever.... just keep in mind they're only open til 2:30pm.
- A personal favorite for a bar if you're looking for something a little less jam-packed and with more breathing room is the Harbor Inn in the flats. It's fairly close to ...*cough*certain entertainment.... and is probably the most reasonably priced bar in the city, although if you show up before 11:30 you might be one of five people in the joint.
...other than that, stop at the Barley House on W 6th and then grab an over-stuffed sandwich at Panini's and you'll be a happy camper. Enjoy Cleveland, it really has a lot to offer.


Lola's has changed for the worse. Last year was amazing, now it's just kinda meh.. Save the money imo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13467
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
So... are you in town yet? What spots have you checked out?


Nug- Are u going tomorrow?
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 21330
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
So... are you in town yet? What spots have you checked out?


Nug- Are u going tomorrow?


Don't ask dumb questions
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group