You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texans Fire Kubiak
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jolly red giant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Texans Fire Kubiak Reply with quote

Surprised no one has mentioned this - given his previous links to Denver.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000293330/article/gary-kubiak-fired-as-houston-texans-head-coach

An assessment of his time there and where he might end up next?

Does anyone think Elway might give him a call in future?
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In b4 Elway should hire Dennison and every ex-Bronco coach.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elway and Kubiak are apparently still very tight.

If we didn't have a good offensive coaching staff, I could see Elway reaching out to Kubiak, Dennison and Jim Ryan.

I think Kubiak takes a year off given his health concerns. It will be interesting to see what happens with Shanahan & Co. in Washington, if that franchise opts to clean house then all the former Broncos coaches can reunite and go somewhere together. But I don't think that will be here.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubiak should take a year off to recover and get some fire back.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNair has said that he wants a coach with prior pro experience and will reach out to, amongst others, Lovie Smith... Amongst others potentially including Del Rio? I could see it.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After winning their division in 2011 and 2012, the Texans have looked lost in 2013. Kubiack is unlikely to leave the NFL but the offers won't quickly appear for him. Kubiak might be a candidate for head coach at Tampa Bay Buccaneers or Minnesota Vikings if Greg Schiano or Leslie Frazier are fired.

Kubiak is assured another year of salary under his current contract. He might do television commentary instead of jumping into another coaching job. Maybe the best thing for him would be to take a year off.

The annual "musical chairs" of NFL coaches started early. Even Chuckie (Jon Gruden) is being mentioned as returning to coaching.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see what he could do with our offense.

ps: I'm still not a Gase fan however he has shown a bit of promise in the last few games.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubiak did a good job in Houston. While Schaub took a lot of crap from fans, he did some good things in Houston...though, i think Kubiak may have stuck with him as the hands down starter for a bit too long.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since a had a competent offensive coordinator in Denver.

That has been masked in recent years for 2 reasons

1) we've had Quarterbacks that basically run their own unique offense
2) our last HC called the plays himself making OC a token position.

Whilst I'm hesitant to call for a firing, I certainly won't be sad if Gase gets a head coaching job, similarly to the incompetent Mike McCoy.

Fify.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone thinking McCoy or Gase wasn't or wouldn't be a loss is delusional. Kubiak was a great OC but that was a far different era and situation. Some of you are impossible to please, find one fanbase 100% happy with their coaching staff and I'll show you a unicorn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Anyone thinking McCoy or Gase wasn't or wouldn't be a loss is delusional. Kubiak was a great OC but that was a far different era and situation. Some of you are impossible to please, find one fanbase 100% happy with their coaching staff and I'll show you a unicorn.

Whilst these guys are good at their jobs(to shut up and be Peyton's lackey), there will come a time when we need a real offensive mind to take us back to the glory days of the west coast offense.

There's a reason why, once every few months, I take time out of my albeit not very busy life to have a little pop at whoever thought it was a smart idea to draft Brock Osweiler and not Nick Foles.

We will return to playing offense the Denver way once Peyton retires

Fify.
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Whilst these guys are good at their jobs(to shut up and be Peyton's lackey), there will come a time when we need a real offensive mind to take us back to the glory days of the west coast offense.

There's a reason why, once every few months, I take time out of my albeit not very busy life to have a little pop at whoever thought it was a smart idea to draft Brock Osweiler and not Nick Foles.

This is just silly. Brock is still an unknown at this point; he could set the world on fire for all we know. And let's wait until Foles starts a full season before we anoit him the best thing since sliced bread.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

You know so little about football sometimes it's laughable. Do you actually think that's all our offensive coordinators do? You do realize Mike McCoy was incredibly highly regarded around the league, and Gase is also thought of highly right? Peyton Manning doesn't call all his own plays, despite what you seem to think. You need to get a clue if you think we'd all of a sudden be better without these guys.

On another note, I see we're all gonna have to deal with this new shtick you have about Osweiler and Foles. Mind you, I've never seen you bring this up until recently, and frankly I don't even get why this is an issue. PEYTON MANNING IS OUR QUARTERBACK. You do of course realize, that if Nick Foles were here, he wouldn't be starting. So what is the big freaking deal? We have a backup that we are grooming, we have no idea how good either of them are yet. Your ignorance is astounding sometimes.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a separate note, the Shanahan coaching tree lovefest is getting old. I think Mike is a good coach, but he should be fired from WAS and frankly it's time for him to step away from the game of football.

In addition, I personally have never thought Gary Kubiak was worth his salt as a head coach. He never did anything to impress me.

Finally, the Rick Dennison lovefest needs to stop. If he were any type of HC candidate he'd be getting a hell of a lot more buzz than he currently does. Just because he went to school in Colorado does not make him a good option for this, or any team. Good coaching candidates are at a premium these days. There's a reason his name never comes up, and it's probably because he's better off being a coordinator.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Winder23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

You know so little about football sometimes it's laughable. Do you actually think that's all our offensive coordinators do? You do realize Mike McCoy was incredibly highly regarded around the league, and Gase is also thought of highly right? Peyton Manning doesn't call all his own plays, despite what you seem to think. You need to get a clue if you think we'd all of a sudden be better without these guys.

On another note, I see we're all gonna have to deal with this new shtick you have about Osweiler and Foles. Mind you, I've never seen you bring this up until recently, and frankly I don't even get why this is an issue. PEYTON MANNING IS OUR QUARTERBACK. You do of course realize, that if Nick Foles were here, he wouldn't be starting. So what is the big freaking deal? We have a backup that we are grooming, we have no idea how good either of them are yet. Your ignorance is astounding sometimes.
Thank You 67!!! I feel much better now.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: