Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets officially name rookie Geno Smith starting QB
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40502
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Jets officially name rookie Geno Smith starting QB Reply with quote

Quote:
For just the second time in franchise history, the New York Jets will start a rookie signalcaller on opening day.

"We're going to go with Geno Smith as our quarterback and we are excited about that, head coach Rex Ryan told me of his Week 1 starter against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.


http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-insidewitheafb/Jets-Turn-to-Geno-Smith-in-Week-1/c6411a32-b5ad-403a-b9c3-36dff2cd5522?campaign=geno-start-week1-article_twitter


_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 12413
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy. This isnt going to be pretty.
_________________


"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 48225
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In unrelated news, the Jets have officially petitioned the NFL to put up 6-foot-high walls at the back of each end zone at MetLife Stadium.
_________________

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20910
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love billy, but the troll is strong in this one.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20669
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Oh boy. This isnt going to be pretty.


I guess the only consolation is that he'll be facing Tampa Bay's defense rather than the 49ers. Meaning, the Jets will at least have a chance to score a few points.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JMG


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 3195
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I love billy, but the troll is strong in this one.
Yeah I respect him for breaking news so quickly and others get on his case way too much. But it is clear that he likes trolling the Jets.
_________________

[]_[] Family
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40502
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
I love billy, but the troll is strong in this one.
Yeah I respect him for breaking news so quickly and others get on his case way too much. But it is clear that he likes trolling the Jets.


What the photo of Geno Smith? Laughing

How is it any different, that posting a comment like Tzi posted? anyway, i don't really see what's the problem with posting that photo, that's a picture from Geno's last game and i think it's funny, that's all.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JMG


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 3195
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Oh boy. This isnt going to be pretty.


I guess the only consolation is that he'll be facing Tampa Bay's defense rather than the 49ers. Meaning, the Jets will at least have a chance to score a few points.
The Buccs defense might be one of the most underrated in the league. Don't forget they have Revis and Barron.
_________________

[]_[] Family
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 18403
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So both EJ and Geno get the starting job week 1. Both by injury default. Although Manuel may have beat out Kolb if he didn't get hurt.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19983
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
So both EJ and Geno get the starting job week 1. Both by injury default. Although Manuel may have beat out Kolb if he didn't get hurt.

Geno was probably going to get the job even if Sanchez wasn't hurt as well.

The feeling around the organization is even if Sanchez is marginally better right now, he's maxed out. Geno at least has the potential to be better. The fact Sanchez wasn't outright better than Geno is troubling.
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28387
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You couldn't have just updated this post?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=528857
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40502
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
You couldn't have just updated this post?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=528857


I actually forgot about that... can you lock this one up and I'll update that one?
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 18403
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
So both EJ and Geno get the starting job week 1. Both by injury default. Although Manuel may have beat out Kolb if he didn't get hurt.

Geno was probably going to get the job even if Sanchez wasn't hurt as well.

The feeling around the organization is even if Sanchez is marginally better right now, he's maxed out. Geno at least has the potential to be better. The fact Sanchez wasn't outright better than Geno is troubling.
Really? I know fans probably thought that way. But everything that I heard from Rex was pointing towards Sanchez winning the job... Everything the so called ESPN experts said the same thing. I know ESPN is not as credible when it comes to this stuff but it seemed like Sanchez was in the lead from everything I have heard...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 2447
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen so much hate for one guy starting. Sure he can use a little more work and he'll be getting it in real game action.

Guys are writing him off after 1 preseason game like him and the Jets aren't going to be able to get a first down. He's clearly the most talented QB on the roster so lets see what he can do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19983
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
So both EJ and Geno get the starting job week 1. Both by injury default. Although Manuel may have beat out Kolb if he didn't get hurt.

Geno was probably going to get the job even if Sanchez wasn't hurt as well.

The feeling around the organization is even if Sanchez is marginally better right now, he's maxed out. Geno at least has the potential to be better. The fact Sanchez wasn't outright better than Geno is troubling.
Really? I know fans probably thought that way. But everything that I heard from Rex was pointing towards Sanchez winning the job... Everything the so called ESPN experts said the same thing. I know ESPN is not as credible when it comes to this stuff but it seemed like Sanchez was in the lead from everything I have heard...

It depends who's stories you've been reading. If you've been reading Manish Mehta's stories, then it would probably seem like Rex wanted Sanchez. Most other people have reported everyone in the organization (Marty and Rex, mostly) are leaning Geno.

Things Rex says to the media can't be taken at face value. The past two draft classes he's been using the media more to light a fire under a player, namely Coples, Hill, Milliner and Smith. It's worked so far on Coples and Hill, so I hope it works for Milliner and Smith.
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group