Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Texans vs. Chargers GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins It?
Houston by a lot (10+)
60%
 60%  [ 14 ]
Houston barely (1-9)
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
San Diego barely (1-9)
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
San Diego by a lot (10+)
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 23

bunnyracin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Antonio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If our best 3rd corner is still McCain then any team that spreads us out wide is going to wreck us. Eddie Royal dropping that pass was huge.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Make no mistake about it THE NINJA is the leader of our defense, it's not Watt or Cushing, it's the Ninja

+1. It's obvious Jared Crick is no Ninja and our D-line sorely missed Antonio. Awesome win, but I sure hope a bunch of guys woke up tonight and realize the season has started.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick hit thoughts:

- Can't sleep. Too amped up. Between the 9 PM kickoff and the thrilling 2nd half, I am wide awake now. Can't go to sleep, even though I have to be at work at 7:30 AM tomorrow. Screw it, this is what 5 Hour Energy is for.

- About that Schaub guy...yes, this was a massive game for him, just throwing the ball all over the yard, just putting this team in a spot to where they can strike. Moreso...this has to be a huge weight off his shoulders. This game should be a loss, but one person kept this team in place to strike, when the Texans were down 7, down 14, completely unable to stop the Chargers O...and it wasn't the usual suspects, it was Schaub. This was a game for the ages for him, on the heels of his last game, a rather uninspiring loss to the Pats in the playoffs. Matt needed this for his psyche, his mojo. He just did what folks didn't think he could do, lead this team back to a W.

- Now, I know Cush is the man of the hour...but did he look slow and tentative to anyone else? There were two plays, little swing passes out to Ronnie Brown, someone who isn't exactly Chris Johnson out there. The old Cush would just seek out that play like some drone strike on our enemies. This Cush? Planted his feet, let the runner come to him - pretty much the stark opposite thing you want your star LB doing. Save for the INT, the was a very forgettable game for Cush (however, that pick 6 was HUGE)

- The legend of the Klein Cannon now begins! Welcome to the NFL, kid. 1st game in, asked to make a 51 yarder. Miss said 51 yarder. Asked to kick a 38 yarder. Hit that one, but called back on a penalty in the team's favor. Asked to hit a 48 yarder in a tie game, with less than 10 seconds left? Nailed it, dead center. About as clutch a kick as you'll see this week, and he came through as much as you'd want your K to come through.

- Nuk.

- 'Dre.

- All this being said - this should have been a loss. As fans, we love the exciting comeback and the run and gun offense along with the frenzied defense. The coaches and players better look and see exactly how this situation happened and what they can do to avoid this going forward. The fans might be on cloud nine, but the entire organization better be eating some humble pie; A performance like this against one of the big boys (and we have a few big boys on the schedule) and we're toast by the 2nd quarter, with very little chance to come back. San Diego gifted us a win with some untimely mistakes and a lack of playmaking talent on either side of the ball. The teams we strive to beat in the AFC to take that next step? They don't give out gifted wins.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
treece300e

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Quick hit thoughts:

- Can't sleep. Too amped up. Between the 9 PM kickoff and the thrilling 2nd half, I am wide awake now. Can't go to sleep, even though I have to be at work at 7:30 AM tomorrow. Screw it, this is what 5 Hour Energy is for.

- About that Schaub guy...yes, this was a massive game for him, just throwing the ball all over the yard, just putting this team in a spot to where they can strike. Moreso...this has to be a huge weight off his shoulders. This game should be a loss, but one person kept this team in place to strike, when the Texans were down 7, down 14, completely unable to stop the Chargers O...and it wasn't the usual suspects, it was Schaub. This was a game for the ages for him, on the heels of his last game, a rather uninspiring loss to the Pats in the playoffs. Matt needed this for his psyche, his mojo. He just did what folks didn't think he could do, lead this team back to a W.

- Now, I know Cush is the man of the hour...but did he look slow and tentative to anyone else? There were two plays, little swing passes out to Ronnie Brown, someone who isn't exactly Chris Johnson out there. The old Cush would just seek out that play like some drone strike on our enemies. This Cush? Planted his feet, let the runner come to him - pretty much the stark opposite thing you want your star LB doing. Save for the INT, the was a very forgettable game for Cush (however, that pick 6 was HUGE)

- The legend of the Klein Cannon now begins! Welcome to the NFL, kid. 1st game in, asked to make a 51 yarder. Miss said 51 yarder. Asked to kick a 38 yarder. Hit that one, but called back on a penalty in the team's favor. Asked to hit a 48 yarder in a tie game, with less than 10 seconds left? Nailed it, dead center. About as clutch a kick as you'll see this week, and he came through as much as you'd want your K to come through.

- Nuk.

- 'Dre.

- All this being said - this should have been a loss. As fans, we love the exciting comeback and the run and gun offense along with the frenzied defense. The coaches and players better look and see exactly how this situation happened and what they can do to avoid this going forward. The fans might be on cloud nine, but the entire organization better be eating some humble pie; A performance like this against one of the big boys (and we have a few big boys on the schedule) and we're toast by the 2nd quarter, with very little chance to come back. San Diego gifted us a win with some untimely mistakes and a lack of playmaking talent on either side of the ball. The teams we strive to beat in the AFC to take that next step? They don't give out gifted wins.

I was watching this game with my roommate, who oddly enough played at U of I with Shiloh, and is now a high school football coach. We observed the same thing with Cush. He really looked cautious, and I specifically noted the play where he sat back to let the Ronnie Brown come to him instead of attacking. He missed the tackle anyway, which I think is primarily because he isn't that type of player, and shouldn't be as a MLB. He did make that great play with the pick six, but his game as a whole was not the Cush of old. I hope he's just shaking the cobwebs off because we need him playing like a pro-bowler.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense wasn't as bad as it seemed

1. The first 15 seconds was perfect for the chargers. They get a pick off a deflection, and then rivers throws a perfect pass against a RB matched up with OLB. That happens

2. The 2nd series we get some pressure and force them into 3rd and a mile and make them punt

3. On the 2nd TD drive they get some penalties and we give up a 4th down play that an in shape JJ Watt blows up in the backfield.

4. The TD at then end of the half would have been a FG attempt, if not for just a spectacular dive to the end zone

This game was just as close to being 10-7 at the half as it was 21-7

5. The first drive in the 2nd half we get worked over pretty good, and that's when the fire starts burning

6 4 3 and outs and an INT TD end the last 5 drives for the chargers.

We give up just 260 yards to the chargers. We also need to keep in mind we were missing the Ninja, JJ Watt missed all of the pre season, Ed Reed is still out.

Swearinger was asked to cover Antonio Gates in his first NFL game

Cushing looked timid, but he's coming off major surgery, I think the INT gets him back into the flow of the game, all though he was hurt towards the end of the game

All in all, if we struggle with the titans, then we should worry
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ET why'd you leave the Dre and Nuk sections blank?

I have to rewatch the game today, I missed the 1st quarter cause of work and was intoxicated for most of the 2nd half lol

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is it officially Titans-Texans week now? Why, I do believe it is.

LET THE TROLLING COMMENCE

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:

One of the best weeks of the season Wink

Ill have the GDT up tonight

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:

I think Titans/Texans week actually is just Indian Brotherhood cuteness week between you and ET.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

I think Titans/Texans week actually is just Indian Brotherhood cuteness week between you and ET.

My goal this week is to have drunk me and drunk ET posting in the same GDT. Relationships will be ruined.

skywindO2 wrote:
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:

Less of Titans-Texans week and more of a Texans 2nd bye week Razz
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

My goal this week is to have drunk me and drunk ET posting in the same GDT. Relationships will be ruined.

I feel like that will just end up with both you trying to convince each other that their respective teams suck more than the other.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
CAS22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
If our best 3rd corner is still McCain then any team that spreads us out wide is going to wreck us. Eddie Royal dropping that pass was huge.

I wish they would give Bouye a shot at it. I think he has the lateral quickness and hip flexibility to be a good slot corner.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:

I was wondering who 21 was. Royal abused him so hard. If Dowell Loggains knows what's good for him, he'll get Kendall Wright matched up against him early and often.

skywindO2 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: