Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Overly Optimistic Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the pistol the qb isn't under center, but only three yards behind him. In the standard shotgun about seven yards behind the center. Pistol offense allows a quarterback to make more decisive decisions with the ball. Obviously a quick pass, take off with the ball, or give it to a running back. Traditional shotgun gives the qb more time before the pocket collapses and allows wr's more time to shake a defender.
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
In the pistol the qb isn't under center, but only three yards behind him. In the standard shotgun about seven yards behind the center. Pistol offense allows a quarterback to make more decisive decisions with the ball. Obviously a quick pass, take off with the ball, or give it to a running back. Traditional shotgun gives the qb more time before the pocket collapses and allows wr's more time to shake a defender.

Thank you. So simple. Pryor will make this a very exciting game. He'll be running a lot. 2-3 per drive if he can extend the possession.
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Yardbarker. 3 Ways Pryor Steals a Win in Indy:
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/3_ways_pryor_steals_a_win_in_indy/14464909
Found this on MSN.com as a local sports article.
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidernews.com hasn't been updated since like week ten of last year. I think the guy that ran the website quit on us lol.

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
raidernews.com hasn't been updated since like week ten of last year. I think the guy that ran the website quit on us lol.

Actually it ran for about a week or so this preseason then it wouldn't open.
Great source for Raider news.
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodson gets hurt and the Raiders call Bitty out of retirement and he has 3 hitting defenseless receivers penalties in a row and gets ejected.
After the game the press asked Bitty why, his answer was you have to bring it.
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Oh the 2014 class is looking DEEP as ish (especially in the QB position). This is part of the reason that if we're in position for Clowney or Bridgewater, I want to trade that pick and stockpile.

I pretty much agree -- though if Clowney is still on the board, I think we gotta pull the trigger. If not, I'd like to see us try to trade down, stockpile some picks, and still try to get Louis Nix.

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Oh the 2014 class is looking DEEP as ish (especially in the QB position). This is part of the reason that if we're in position for Clowney or Bridgewater, I want to trade that pick and stockpile.

I pretty much agree -- though if Clowney is still on the board, I think we gotta pull the trigger. If not, I'd like to see us try to trade down, stockpile some picks, and still try to get Louis Nix.

Or (seeing that this is the overly optimistic thread), Louis Nix falls in the draft due to a lackluster ND season, and we get him toward the top of the 2nd Round after getting Clowney in the 1st. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Hey, a guy can dream..... Laughing Laughing Seriously though, Clowney in the first and Nix in the second could make our front 7 look light-years better. Too bad it most likely will never happen. Crying or Very sad

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching the games yesterday I have to say the Raiders can win at lest 8 games. Washington, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia Giants, Tennessee, Jets are all winnable games.
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
After watching the games yesterday I have to say the Raiders can win at lest 8 games. Washington, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia Giants, Tennessee, Jets are all winnable games.

I won't challenge this, Since this is in the overly optimistic topic...

however we could talk about it after we saw how we played against a good team in Denver...

Week 1 TP cought the Indy D off guard big time (and we still lost)
Week 2 we beet up the worst team in football...

While I agree that those teams struggle, some of them big time, we don't really know what we have...
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:

Any given Sunday sure.

The Titans are coming along nicely and play great defense.

The Jets (and you keep selling them short) are playing well. Rex is doing what he's best at, coaching one hell of a defense. They are stingy as can be.

Pitt and NYG both have a lot of vet talent. They will improve some by time Oakland sees them.

Wash and Philly are teams the Raiders should compete with.

That said, let's see how Oakland does with a challenge tonight in Denver before thinking they can win 8 games. Truth be told, any of those teams you listed can beat Oakland because Oakland hasn't proven anything outside a moral victory (Indy) and a lackluster win matching up against a scrimmage team (Jags).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:

Any given Sunday sure.

The Titans are coming along nicely and play great defense.

The Jets (and you keep selling them short) are playing well. Rex is doing what he's best at, coaching one hell of a defense. They are stingy as can be.

Pitt and NYG both have a lot of vet talent. They will improve some by time Oakland sees them.

Wash and Philly are teams the Raiders should compete with.

That said, let's see how Oakland does with a challenge tonight in Denver before thinking they can win 8 games. Truth be told, any of those teams you listed can beat Oakland because Oakland hasn't proven anything outside a moral victory (Indy) and a lackluster win matching up against a scrimmage team (Jags).

You are right the Raiders have proved nothing this season.
I'm basing the Raiders winning on how bad the other teams are.
The Raiders should also improve as the season goes on. JV and Watson should be back in a few weeks. Hopefully the WRs will get more comfortable and stop dropping passes. The defense should improve with more time together. Pryor is just a coin toss at this time, he might get better or make it worse time will tell.

The Jets didn't win the games as much as the other teams lost the game with stupid plays.

I'm not that high on the Broncos. Huff gave them one game with giving up four or five TDs in the 3 Quarter can't remember and the Giants just aren't a good team.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimism:

I am going to the game tonight. It will be great. The Broncos fans won't be total blockheads and nobody will pour anything on my Biletnikoff jersey. I will not end up in Broncos jail.

Anxious

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Charles Woodson plays this year and next with Oakland. Retires. Then becomes a CB coach with us for the next 25 years.
-McFadden is not resigned, and we go hard after a top, young RB available in FA.
-Denarius Moore and Streater make one of the leagues best WR duos in the NFL in 2 years.
-Hayden is a top 5 CB in 2 years time.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People will stop overreacting after each game.

Terrelle Pryor, in his defense, has an offensive line patched up like Darkman.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: