Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Overly Optimistic Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Oh the 2014 class is looking DEEP as ish (especially in the QB position). This is part of the reason that if we're in position for Clowney or Bridgewater, I want to trade that pick and stockpile.

I know its not what you want to hear but I really hope TP turns out good for us this year and that allows us to trade back and pickup a #1 WR and a pass rusher. Then fill in the rest of the OL, DL and we should be sitting pretty. Even if he doesn't that still might be the best way to go.

Why does it have to be TP, surely we just want any of our Qb's to ball out so that we can trade back? At least that's what I am hoping.

Yes of course it could be McGloin or Wilson but I highly doubt that by the end of this season they surpass Pryor and Flynn on the depth chart. And I can pretty much gaurentee Flynn isn't the guy still. Remember Pryor is only 2 months older than Wilson. Michael Scott says McGloin should be the guy though.
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Dessie wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Oh the 2014 class is looking DEEP as ish (especially in the QB position). This is part of the reason that if we're in position for Clowney or Bridgewater, I want to trade that pick and stockpile.

I know its not what you want to hear but I really hope TP turns out good for us this year and that allows us to trade back and pickup a #1 WR and a pass rusher. Then fill in the rest of the OL, DL and we should be sitting pretty. Even if he doesn't that still might be the best way to go.

Why does it have to be TP, surely we just want any of our Qb's to ball out so that we can trade back? At least that's what I am hoping.

Yes of course it could be McGloin or Wilson but I highly doubt that by the end of this season they surpass Pryor and Flynn on the depth chart. And I can pretty much gaurentee Flynn isn't the guy still. Remember Pryor is only 2 months older than Wilson. Michael Scott says McGloin should be the guy though.

You know this is the overly optimistic thread? You have just ruled 3 of our Qbs out, that's for other threads Wink
#clueless
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Hayden and Sio Moore are the top competition for DROY with one of them actually winning the award.

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Overly optimistic? We win week 1. Then everyone in here get's overly optimistic. Then we lose to the Jags, and we swing to the other end of the spectrum.

I won't be stunned if we start off 2-0 -- but yeah, if so, the optimism will be through the roof. Then we'll lose our next 8 games straight, and Dennis Allen will be the worst HC ever, Reggie is the worst GM ever, magically it's somehow not Pryor's fault, etc etc etc.....

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor's Starting?

We're totally going to win!

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
NickButera wrote:
Overly optimistic? We win week 1. Then everyone in here get's overly optimistic. Then we lose to the Jags, and we swing to the other end of the spectrum.

I won't be stunned if we start off 2-0 -- but yeah, if so, the optimism will be through the roof. Then we'll lose our next 8 games straight, and Dennis Allen will be the worst HC ever, Reggie is the worst GM ever, magically it's somehow not Pryor's fault, etc etc etc.....

We could very well win the first 2. The Colts are going to be the bigger upset obviously, but we can win both.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
NickButera wrote:

We could very well win the first 2. The Colts are going to be the bigger upset obviously, but we can win both.

zomg! someone believes in our team?!
i say we go 7-9, show some real improvement and we go into next season with some real optimism!

Bolansho Boro Begoz
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
NickButera wrote:

i say we go 7-9, show some real improvement and we go into next season with some real optimism!

I doubt that. We could steal one from the Colts and Jacksonville is a bottom 3 team. We'll have a chance versus Indy, Jacksonville, Philly, the Jets, Dallas and Tennessee. But all of these are toss-ups which means we'll likely win half or less of those toss-ups. Denver will beat us twice probably. We could take one from SD and KC but I don't think we'll sweep either of them.

I think we go 4-12 again.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
NickButera wrote:

I doubt that. We could steal one from the Colts and Jacksonville is a bottom 3 team. We'll have a chance versus Indy, Jacksonville, Philly, the Jets, Dallas and Tennessee. But all of these are toss-ups which means we'll likely win half or less of those toss-ups. Denver will beat us twice probably. We could take one from SD and KC but I don't think we'll sweep either of them.

Pretty much to the bolded. We'll probably be competing with the Jags for the #1 spot in the '14 Draft. Not that its necessarily a bad thing, seeing as we most likely get Clowney. Even if the Jags get #1 and we get #2, I think we still get Clowney.
I can't see us getting more than 5 wins this season at best, though I don't think a 6-10 season is out of reach. At this point, I would be happy with a W over Dallas on Thanksgiving. Wink

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
NickButera wrote:

You never know D-Mac is in a contract year.
He very well could go beast mode and rush for 180 yards and 3 TDs.
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It in the 4th quarter and the Raiders are down by 5 with .45 seconds left. The Ball is on the 20 yards line. TP drives the team down the Field. The last play of the game he takes off running as he crosses the end zone he yells this is for Al Davis.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Pretty much to the bolded. We'll probably be competing with the Jags for the #1 spot in the '14 Draft. Not that its necessarily a bad thing, seeing as we most likely get Clowney. Even if the Jags get #1 and we get #2, I think we still get Clowney.
I can't see us getting more than 5 wins this season at best, though I don't think a 6-10 season is out of reach. At this point, I would be happy with a [b]W over Dallas on Thanksgiving.[/b] Wink

Please let this happen. Thanksgiving is no fun with your family laughing at you.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Thanksgiving is no fun with your family

More like this one haha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the raiders-jags game is going to be goty. the implications that game has for the future + the lulz + last years raider/jags game was a classic = im seeing dat ish live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this article at Bleach Report and it should make you optimistic.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1760144-how-dennis-allen-can-ensure-successful-start-to-terrelle-pryors-season

If they limit Pryor's reads/check downs he's more or should be more successful. I'm ready.

I don't understand the difference between the pistol and shotgun so those in the know please explain.
Also what happened to Raidernews.com? It's become corrupted and won't open.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: