Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Overly Optimistic Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: The Overly Optimistic Thread Reply with quote

Simple concept. Current player, coach, play, whatever! Ill fire er up.

Nick Kasa will be a top tier TE within 3 years.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Franky Rey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders, led by Terrelle Pryor, will defeat the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl L(50), of which I will be in attendance in the new 49ers stadium.
daineraider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders will not have the #1 pick in 2014

Sigged by Jamison
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year
---Jano will break the record for longest FG in NFL history this year

---Marquette King finishes in the top 10 in avg and net avg

In the future

---DJ Hayden and Sio Moore will be top tier players at their positions by mid-season next year

---In 5 years, Veldheer, Watson, and Wiz will still be starting for us.

---Tyvon Branch makes a Pro Bowl this year or next

---In 2 years, Reggie Mac will still be GM but DA won't be head coach

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that I can be OVERLY optimistic, but I am looking forward to the secondary being better than it was, our linebacking corps being the deepest I've seen since the Romanowski days, and (hopefully) a full healthy and productive season for the receivers.
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offensive line actually doesn't look half-bad once Veldheer returns and Watson slides over to RT.

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
The offensive line actually doesn't look half-bad once Veldheer returns and Watson slides over to RT.

Agreed. If Nix can prove he's worth starting then we'll have 4 of 5 spots on the OL taken care of. Shocked

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
IdigtheRaiders! wrote:

Agreed. If Nix can prove he's worth starting then we'll have 4 of 5 spots on the OL taken care of. Shocked

And this is where I slightly disagree w/ what you said in the NFL News thread about this being no where for a young QB. W/ the money we'll have next year, we could snag a decently big name WR, we seemingly have some decent young TEs, and we would have almost our entire line (young also). I would still prefer we not use the first pick on a QB b/c I don't think Bridgewater is first overall pick material (assuming obviously) but instead, doing what Cinci did and look for that high 2nd round potential. Daulton will never be a world-beater, but he is a solid, efficient QB and I believe we can find one of those.

PM sig requests.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
IdigtheRaiders! wrote:

And this is where I slightly disagree w/ what you said in the NFL News thread about this being no where for a young QB. W/ the money we'll have next year, we could snag a decently big name WR, we seemingly have some decent young TEs, and we would have almost our entire line (young also). I would still prefer we not use the first pick on a QB b/c I don't think Bridgewater is first overall pick material (assuming obviously) but instead, doing what Cinci did and look for that high 2nd round potential. Daulton will never be a world-beater, but he is a solid, efficient QB and I believe we can find one of those.

True. I would take Eric Decker away from DEN.

There are other good WR in the draft as well. I like Jordan Matthews. I really think this kid is going to dominate this year. He is already off to a good start. And we can keep Jerry Rice's bloodlines in S&B. They will probably be looking at Allen Robinson as well since Reggie seems to have a thing for Penn St.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the 2014 class is looking DEEP as ish (especially in the QB position). This is part of the reason that if we're in position for Clowney or Bridgewater, I want to trade that pick and stockpile.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
IdigtheRaiders! wrote:

There aren't any superstar WRs like you're referring to out there. Closest are Hakeem Nicks and Kenny Britt. Streater basically is the same as both of them. Big dude who can catch and make splash plays from time to time. He isn't as proven as either but they both get hurt a lot and Britt has his history of trouble.

Upon more reflection, we are better equipped for a young QB than I originally thought. However, I still think it would be in our best interest to go Clowney if possible.

EDIT: Looks like Maclin and Boldin will be available too. Mac is coming off an ACL so I'd be wary of that, and I'm sure every team will be. Boldin would be a solid stop gap if he's interested assuming he has something left in the tank next year.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...

Last edited by Silver&Black88 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Oh the 2014 class is looking DEEP as ish (especially in the QB position). This is part of the reason that if we're in position for Clowney or Bridgewater, I want to trade that pick and stockpile.

I know its not what you want to hear but I really hope TP turns out good for us this year and that allows us to trade back and pickup a #1 WR and a pass rusher. Then fill in the rest of the OL, DL and we should be sitting pretty. Even if he doesn't that still might be the best way to go.
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

I know its not what you want to hear but I really hope TP turns out good for us this year and that allows us to trade back and pickup a #1 WR and a pass rusher. Then fill in the rest of the OL, DL and we should be sitting pretty. Even if he doesn't that still might be the best way to go.

Why does it have to be TP, surely we just want any of our Qb's to ball out so that we can trade back? At least that's what I am hoping.
#clueless
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Why does it have to be TP, surely we just want any of our Qb's to ball out so that we can trade back? At least that's what I am hoping.

TWILLYYYYYYYYYYY

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
NickButera

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overly optimistic? We win week 1. Then everyone in here get's overly optimistic. Then we lose to the Jags, and we swing to the other end of the spectrum.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: