Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills to start rookie QB E.J. Manuel week 1 against Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Honestly, I don't think he will do that much better than Tuel would've. Manuel was a 3rd-4th round prospect that was taken way too high IMO. He may show flashes but it will never work it.

I don't know man, legitimate draftable talent from fsu >>>> marginal udfa talent from wsu. But I'm just crazy like that.

Legitimate? Idk bout that. He's a project reach in reality. I'm not saying Tuel is better at all. I'm just saying week 1 I don't think Manuel is a better option than Tuel. I don't mean to be rude, and I'm probably wrong, but EJ Manuel is going to suck. I guarantee he will flash some things to get hopes up but the guy will not be a good QB.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Honestly, I don't think he will do that much better than Tuel would've. Manuel was a 3rd-4th round prospect that was taken way too high IMO. He may show flashes but it will never work it.

Funny coming from a Seattle fan. Wilson was a 3rd or 4th round pick at the time. But I am sure now after seeing him play teams would of drafted him in the top 10. Predrafts rankings can be wrong. Maybe the Bills got it right with the pick. If the preseason is any indication then he will be a tremendous player...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

I don't know man, legitimate draftable talent from fsu >>>> marginal udfa talent from wsu. But I'm just crazy like that.

Legitimate? Idk bout that. He's a project reach in reality. I'm not saying Tuel is better at all. I'm just saying week 1 I don't think Manuel is a better option than Tuel. I don't mean to be rude, and I'm probably wrong, but EJ Manuel is going to suck. I guarantee he will flash some things to get hopes up but the guy will not be a good QB.

My point is that you even acknowledge him being worthy of a 3rd or 4th round pick. Just saying I'd still take a third round-worthy QB over an UDFA, picking blind of course (so don't try some Trent Edwards vs. Romo hypothetical Smile ), any day of the week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

Funny coming from a Seattle fan. Wilson was a 3rd or 4th round pick at the time. But I am sure now after seeing him play teams would of drafted him in the top 10. Predrafts rankings can be wrong. Maybe the Bills got it right with the pick. If the preseason is any indication then he will be a tremendous player...

Was litterally about to type the same response to his post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Great. My fantasy team is now without a starting QB. Time to hit that waiver wire.

Wha...?

Ruskie never fails to get an obvious joke past at least one person Laughing

I think the real question here is whether Tuel is HOF-worthy despite his relatively short tenure as the starter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

I'm probably wrong

You are.

I can't wait to see EJ. I think he'll be rusty, but he needs all the experience he can get at this point. New England's secondary is pretty bad. It's a good start for him to get his feet wet.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DubiDo0 wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

I'm probably wrong

You are.

I can't wait to see EJ. I think he'll be rusty, but he needs all the experience he can get at this point. New England's secondary is pretty bad. It's a good start for him to get his feet wet.

As bad as that secondary might play at times I wouldn't be to eager either considering the fact that defense as a whole created 41 TO's with almost 40 sacks last year. Young QB, opportunistic defenses doesn't usual scream "success" in a first NFL start. I do however see EJ having more success then complete failure though throughout the season.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

Was litterally about to type the same response to his post.

Same here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

If pre-season is any indication then Matt Simms is a future hall of famer

Props to JMG on the sig
shawn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrry gets a 7 and Ruskie gets a 9.

Either way, the Pats are playing two rookies the first two weeks. But I'm not going to lie, in a weird way I was looking forward to Tuel time.

sig made by mike23md
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

Except Manuel wasn't getting any garbage minutes.... Tuel did play better than Manuel against Colts. But Tuel was playing against 3rd and 4th stringers late in the game. Manuel has showed signs against starters and has led TD drives against a mixture 2nd stringers which is a good sign. Much different.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

Except Manuel wasn't getting any garbage minutes.... Tuel did play better than Manuel against Colts. But Tuel was playing against 3rd and 4th stringers late in the game. Manuel has showed signs against starters and has led TD drives against a mixture 2nd stringers which is a good sign. Much different.
At the end of the day, it's still pre-season and everyone at some point gets garbage minutes. It's not an indication of anything. A starter who would normally be listed as probable in the regular season would most likely not play in the pre-season. All that matters is what happens week 1-17. Not saying I rely or believe in pre-draft rankings either, but in Ring Worm Sherm's defense, he did have a very underwhelming college career for a top 20 pick.

Props to JMG on the sig
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

At the end of the day, it's still pre-season and everyone at some point gets garbage minutes. It's not an indication of anything. A starter who would normally be listed as probable in the regular season would most likely not play in the pre-season. All that matters is what happens week 1-17. Not saying I rely or believe in pre-draft rankings either, but in Ring Worm Sherm's defense, he did have a very underwhelming college career for a top 20 pick.
And this is why I said "if". The signs so far have been promising but it is just that a sign. Nothing concrete.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuel and Manuel will both be starting. They will both be in the backfield so teams will have to prepare for both.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

Well you have to remember...most seahawk fans hated the idea of Wilson and wanted Pete to just hand the job over to Flynn no matter what....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: