Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldon Smith, D. Walker allegedly fired weapon towards people
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Aldon Smith, D. Walker allegedly fired weapon towards people Reply with quote

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers All-Pro linebacker Aldon Smith and his former teammate are named in a lawsuit filed Tuesday by a man who was shot at a party the NFL star hosted last year.

Ronndale Esporlas filed the lawsuit in Santa Clara County. The lawsuit claims Smith and former 49ers' tight end Delanie Walker repeatedly and illegally fired weapons on numerous occasions during the June 2012 party

Smith and his friends also charged $10 per person to enter the party, according to one of the victims.

Smith was stabbed at the party held in the East San Jose foothills.

The lawsuit also claims Smith and Walker consumed significant quantities of alcohol and were legally intoxicated. It also said the players knew the handguns were illegally possessed.

Smith and Walker appeared on the balcony of Smith's home to try and end the party and began to fire shots into the air, according to the lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims Walker then made his way to the driveway where he allegedly fired more shots into the air and toward others attending the party.

Smith's attorney was contacted Tuesday by NBC Bay Area but declined comment citing pending litigation.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/49ers-Aldon-Smith-Named-in-Lawsuit-Over-2012-Party-at-San-Jose-Home-222272671.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_BAYBrand

***Update***
Ataal wrote:
Update and it doesn't look good: http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_24015642/
Quote:

SAN JOSE -- Only days before the start of the NFL season, the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office is leaning toward prosecuting San Francisco 49ers star linebacker Aldon Smith on charges of possessing illegal assault rifles -- charges that carry a range of possible punishments, from probation to three years in jail

Quote:

Smith bought the weapons in Arizona where they are legal, but allegedly failed to modify them to comply with California's stricter gun laws, sources familiar with the case said. The three guns were discovered by Santa Clara County sheriff's deputies after a house party hosted by Smith and his roommate last summer, during which the linebacker was stabbed and two partygoers were shot by gang members who crashed the party.

Quote:

Ballistics tests indicate that Esporlas and another man were not shot by Walker or Smith. Deputies have yet to identify the shooters in the ongoing investigation. But alleged gang member Steven Barda, 27, is in custody on charges of stabbing Smith, who sustained only minor wounds.

Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:59 pm; edited 7 times in total
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good gosh...why would Walker do such a thing? What a horrible person. I bet Aldon tried to stop Walker from firing his gun by firing his own weapon. Walker should be punished and Aldon should get a reward for stopping a man that tried stabbing walker by diving in front of the crazy slasher.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwentundrafted wrote:
Good gosh...why would Walker do such a thing? What a horrible person. I bet Aldon tried to stop Walker from firing his gun by firing his own weapon. Walker should be punished and Aldon should get a reward for stopping a man that tried stabbing walker by diving in front of the crazy slasher.

Can a civilian receive a medal of honor?

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we lock this and get a title change so everybody who sees this doesn't have a heart attack.

Entirely misleading and unnecessary

new sig... sorry alex
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Can we lock this and get a title change so everybody who sees this doesn't have a heart attack.

Why? i just wrote what the report said and added "reportedly"... what would you rather the thread title be?
Tom Brady Tribute
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

Why? i just wrote what the report said and added "reportedly"... what would you rather the thread title be?

Bogus money-grab unlikely to hurt Aldon! Wink

___
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

One - it's alleged, and it says 'repeatedly' not 'reportedly.' Two - it reads as a new development, not something that happened in 2012.

I'm not going to rename it, but I found it incredibly misleading as well.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

One - it's alleged, and it says 'repeatedly' not 'reportedly.' Two - it reads as a new development, not something that happened in 2012.

I'm not going to rename it, but I found it incredibly misleading as well.

First of all, my bad i didn't notice that word was miss-spelled [damn auto-correct] and I'll change it to allegedly if it's more comfortable.
Tom Brady Tribute
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldon wasn't even the one accused of firing into the crowd, that was Delanie.
And lets be honest...does that remotely sound like Delanie Walker? Walker was and is pure class.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Swift21

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
And lets be honest...does that remotely sound like Delanie Walker? Walker was and is pure class.

It doesn't sounds like a sober Delanie Walker. But that's not the case according to that report.

SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:

That means absolutely nothing to be honest. Walker seems like a good dude, but doesn't mean he couldn't do something like this.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still don't understand why he took a year to file a lawsuit. I'll wait until this develops further to pass any kind of judgement.

^Kempes^
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life52 wrote:
Still don't understand why he took a year to file a lawsuit. I'll wait until this develops further to pass any kind of judgement.

Theres a good discussion in the NFL News thread that might help you understand why its possible for this type of thing might take a year to come out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Aldon was stabbed, there was a police investigation... why wouldn't it have come out back then? Aldon was cleared of any wrong doing back then... if it's true, someone really did a bad job.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Ataal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in the News thread:

Here's one of the original stories, dating back to July of 2012: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8117350/san-francisco-49ers-aldon-smith-suffers-minor-injuries-stab-wounds-reports-say\

Quote:
Quote:

"It was a chaotic scene," Cardoza said. "There was a lot of commotion, and no one knows where the gunshots came from."

A case of not having asked the gunshot victims yet?

A case of targeting someone with enough money to actually pay out in a civil case?

I don't know. If I got shot by someone, I'd press charges. If I just wanted to get paid, I'd have my lawyer contact their lawyer and work out a settlement. And, any high profile person would pay that settlement in a heartbeat. A civil lawsuit makes no sense to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: