Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aldon Smith, D. Walker allegedly fired weapon towards people
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nihc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Why does the thread title list Aldon but not Delanie? ... It seems Delanie was the one actually firing shots at people................

If its true, but yes allegedly Aldon was the one firing into the air, and Delanie was the one firing "at" people...

And you never truly know, but that doesn't sound like Delanie at all. Dude was pure class through and through. Never heard a bad thing about him in his entire 49er tenure.

To add to that guns can have a pretty nice kick to them depending on the caliber. You expect me to believe Delanie Walker is going to hold onto a gun while firing multiple shots? No chance he would be bobbling that thing after the first shot.
Not really...I shot a 357 with almost no kick. If he fired anything similar to that, I'm sure he'd be able to have a lot more resistance to it and fire more. I also doubt he fired something that high of a caliber, making it that much more likely that he could fire multiple bullets.

Whoosh

2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
Oh man, and Justin Houston was labeled as a risky pick because of character concerns since he tested positive for Marijuana. (he says he only did it once IIRC) Meanwhile Houston has been nothing but classy and a beast on the field as well.

Just goes to show how hard it is to predict the character of some of these players

You believe him that he only did it once? I mean I get it, I was totally expecting him to admit every single time he's ever smoked Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm not really sure why you brought Justin Houston into this thread though, is there a Chiefs defense talk quota I'm not aware of?

Von Miller and Aldon Smith both didn't have character concerns going into the draft IIRC. Houston was a 1st round prospect who dropped because of those very things.

All 3 are top young LBers now but it would be interesting if this Smith issue is serious, and if Miller gets in trouble again (1 year suspension) then Houston would be the best of the 3 because of his ability to stay on the field and out of trouble.

Houston did not drop purely due to character issues -- he dropped because of his combine numbers.

Regardless, Houston is irrelevant to this topic and should not have randomly been thrown in.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
Russell Wilson does drink. The story on him was that he waited until he was 21. I'm guessing he has an occasional glass of wine with his wife or something.

He would never do that!

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
49erurtaza

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
Oh man, and Justin Houston was labeled as a risky pick because of character concerns since he tested positive for Marijuana. (he says he only did it once IIRC) Meanwhile Houston has been nothing but classy and a beast on the field as well.

Just goes to show how hard it is to predict the character of some of these players

You believe him that he only did it once? I mean I get it, I was totally expecting him to admit every single time he's ever smoked Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm not really sure why you brought Justin Houston into this thread though, is there a Chiefs defense talk quota I'm not aware of?

Von Miller and Aldon Smith both didn't have character concerns going into the draft IIRC. Houston was a 1st round prospect who dropped because of those very things.

All 3 are top young LBers now but it would be interesting if this Smith issue is serious, and if Miller gets in trouble again (1 year suspension) then Houston would be the best of the 3 because of his ability to stay on the field and out of trouble.

Houston did not drop purely due to character issues -- he dropped because of his combine numbers.

Regardless, Houston is irrelevant to this topic and should not have randomly been thrown in.

plus von and aldon are elite players in this league

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

Go home simonwayne, you're drunk

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

What?

4.6 40 at 270 lbs with a 1.62 10 yd split, 36.5 inch vert, 10.5 foot broad jump, 6.95 3 cone time.

That's close to what Demarcus Ware got at his combine at 250 Lbs, unless you thought he had a bad combine too. Laughing Very comparable to the Von Miller's and Aldon Smith's of the world too I might add.

Houston got caught for pot at the combine, that's why he dropped.

Has nothing to do with anything, but I thought I should clarify.
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
silus wrote:
Russell Wilson does drink. The story on him was that he waited until he was 21. I'm guessing he has an occasional glass of wine with his wife or something.

He would never do that!

I mean like drink drink. Like get smashed. Maybe he has a glass of wine, but not during football season.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
patman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
patman wrote:
I, like some of the previous posters have stated, look with suspicion on civil trials when no criminal charges have been filed. Except in the case of sexual assault as the woman's past can not be introduced as it can be in a criminal trial.

But what some people have informed me that suing for damages in not considered "snitching" as the defendant has a choice to compensate. As long as he compensates the victim who keeps his mouth shut and no criminal charges can be filed given lack of testimony.

Could the counselor please advise the court how that would not conflict with the precedent set in the 1995 supreme court landmark snitching ruling?

What are you talking about? My two takes are that I am suspicious of lawsuits regarding acts of violence where no criminal charges are filed and that suing someone is looked at differently by young tuffs than pressing criminal charges.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

What?

4.6 40 at 270 lbs with a 1.62 10 yd split, 36.5 inch vert, 10.5 foot broad jump, 6.95 3 cone time.

That's close to what Demarcus Ware got at his combine at 250 Lbs, unless you thought he had a bad combine too. Laughing Very comparable to the Von Miller's and Aldon Smith's of the world too I might add.

Houston got caught for pot at the combine, that's why he dropped.

Has nothing to do with anything, but I thought I should clarify.

Houston was seen as having the athletic qualities of a 4-3 DE while being in the mold of a 3-4 OLB. A bit slower than potentially elite 3-4 OLBs, but yet a bit smaller than potentially elite 4-3 DEs. It was very uncertain, due to his numbers all around, which position would suit him best and/or whether he could succeed at that position.

Trust me, I was (and still am) a big Justin Houston fan -- I was one of the ones who brushed off those criticisms and just thought he was a baller on the field. I wanted him in Purple badly. But, those criticisms were most certainly there. Yes, the pot thing had an impact -- but not enough to drop him that far purely because of that. He was, at best, a late 1st round pick without that bust, and more likely an early 2nd. Von and Aldon were clearly both superior prospects than Houston.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
imani wrote:
silus wrote:

He would never do that!

I mean like drink drink. Like get smashed. Maybe he has a glass of wine, but not during football season.

Are you guys 12 years old?

New York Jets • Rutgers Scarlet Knights • Brooklyn Nets • New York Mets
SWATcha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're all missing the bigger picture here, NFL players were heavily intoxicated, in their own home! BAN ALCOHOL for all NFL players!!

They can't go out and drink because they get DUIs, and they can't drink at home because they think they're pirates and fire cannons off the balcony. Make it happen Roger, zero tolerance alcohol policy! (Except for Russell Wilson. He can still drink his wine, or not. So confused...)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
imani wrote:
silus wrote:

He would never do that!

Are you guys 12 years old?

There is a few people in this thread that are missing a lot of jokes. (imani isn't one of them)
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does Russell Wilson find the time to drink with his wife when he's got his work ethic to attain to?!

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
neezy007

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
How does Russell Wilson find the time to drink with his wife when he's got his work ethic to attain to?!

IDK Bruh I heard he doesn't even drink water.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

IDK Bruh I heard he doesn't even drink water.

The man is biologically immortal. Like a lobster - only not extremely sunburnt.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: