Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys sign former Chiefs, Patriots, OL Brian Waters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Guess rime will tell but if he starts week 2 I doubt its at an even decent level and he will be obvious in his struggles.

Sounds like Burningduece to me.

Sounds like the last four years at oline. If he's a shell of himself it's still a slight improvement.

Many said the same thing about Livings and Deuce replacing Arkin/Costa/Hollad/Dockery/Kowalski/Nagy/Kosier and look how that turned out

Sig courtesy of mack.
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Ace5 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Guess rime will tell but if he starts week 2 I doubt its at an even decent level and he will be obvious in his struggles.

Sounds like the last four years at oline. If he's a shell of himself it's still a slight improvement.

Many said the same thing about Livings and Deuce replacing Arkin/Costa/Hollad/Dockery/Kowalski/Nagy/Kosier and look how that turned out

Livings and Bernadeau were never probowl level players.

^ made by CalhounLambeau
Ace5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Ace5 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Indeed. That's why it's an IF statement. Requires follow through. And if anyone finds anything nice I've ever had to say about the T-Rosta, montrae "I tried to eat all the chocolate in" Holland, or Derrick "I've sucked the last five years" Dockery, ill eat all the crow in the world. Even your grandmothers.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About as good as you can do at this time of year. We still had much need to improve along the interior O-line. If Waters can come close to what he was for NE, it will be a nice boost to the line. It is also helpful to have his presence around all the younger offensive linemen. I'm sure they can learn a few things from a guy that was a top flight lineman in his prime. I am counting on him starting in Week 2.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like I said earlier in my take on the Waters signing. Here is this.

Quote:
I already started picking his brain about everything, said Leary, who spent almost all of last season on the practice squad. Its a blessing for him to be here for a young player like me, because he knows everything about the game. Im going to try to get all I can from him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4714232/for-now-rookie-frederick-teaching-vet-waters?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Waters is going to be very beneficial to Leary, Arkin, Fredbeard on the onfield teaching aspect. Much better for them to learn from Waters, than that of Livings, Costa or Bernedeuce.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
So why didnt we sign him last year when our Guards sucked?

Bill Parcells is famous for saying that when you start thinking about retiring, you already have.

Sorry but ill expect poor play or none at all and hope to be surprised rather than predict all- pro play and a sudden turn form bigfest weakness to a strength like many here are.

This.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Bill Parcells is famous for saying that when you start thinking about retiring, you already have.

Sorry but ill expect poor play or none at all and hope to be surprised rather than predict all- pro play and a sudden turn form bigfest weakness to a strength like many here are.

This.
I would say that we had bigger needs than an OG last season and we had very limited CAP space to sign him. We where picking up CB's and LB's dang near every week during the season.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

This.
I would say that we had bigger needs than an OG last season and we had very limited CAP space to sign him. We where picking up CB's and LB's dang near every week during the season.

And, As I have already stated, he was under contract.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

This.

He didnt want to play for a perennial Super Bowl contender bc he was such a die hard Cowboy enthusiast? Why not trade a 7th round pick for him then?

Sig courtesy of mack.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

This.

I didn't know that Waters was still under contract with New England last year. I knew that he was having contract issues with them, but I thought they released him. My mistake.

Even still, tex, OG has been a HUGE need for the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

This.

I didn't know that Waters was still under contract with New England last year. I knew that he was having contract issues with them, but I thought they released him. My mistake.

it sure has, but the Cowboys brass had thought they fixed it when they signed Livings and Berny to long term deals. They weren't expecting them to suck as bad as they did. During the season, they kept saying that the guards where doing good, it was the rotation of a platoon of Centers. #Fail

The_Slamman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

This.

it sure has, but the Cowboys brass had thought they fixed it when they signed Livings and Berny to long term deals. They weren't expecting them to suck as bad as they did. During the season, they kept saying that the guards where doing good, it was the rotation of a platoon of Centers. #Fail

Seriously, I don't know why they ever expected them to be good or even decent. This was my issue with the team all offseason last year. Berny was a bench player for Carolina. Livings wasn't very good for Cincy. Both of those teams used premium draft picks on the guard position.

I do feel better about this oline than last years. I still don't think it will be "good" but I think we will be able to run the ball better. And, if the preseason is any indicator... Romo should have more time in the pocket.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:

Quote:
I already started picking his brain about everything, said Leary, who spent almost all of last season on the practice squad. Its a blessing for him to be here for a young player like me, because he knows everything about the game. Im going to try to get all I can from him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4714232/for-now-rookie-frederick-teaching-vet-waters?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Waters is going to be very beneficial to Leary, Arkin, Fredbeard on the onfield teaching aspect. Much better for them to learn from Waters, than that of Livings, Costa or Bernedeuce.

Leary is also having private workouts with Larry Allen. 2 pretty good mentors for the guy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@clarencehilljr: Callahan says Waters showing 'all the explosiveness and strength' of a Pro Bowl guard http://t.co/7TNYuj8sI0

Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Quote:

Leary is also having private workouts with Larry Allen. 2 pretty good mentors for the guy.
totally worth signing waters just for this IMO

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: