Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys sign former Chiefs, Patriots, OL Brian Waters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 38957
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
So why didnt we sign him last year when our Guards sucked?


Because he was under contract?

He wasnt released from the Pats until after the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000165578/article/brian-waters-released-by-new-england-patriots

Think about that - they kept a guy on the roster who never showed up for an entire year. Thats how much they liked him.
_________________
plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 38957
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tom Orsborn ‏@tom_orsborn 5m
Waters: "It's obvious this is a supremely talented football team."
Waters says anyone who views him as the savior "is over-dramatizing the situation."
Waters says he has "a long way to go" before he's in top condition "I've got work to do."
Waters: "Talent-wise, this is as talented a team as there is." But that doesn't mean he views it as Super Bowl worthy. "Too early to say."

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 31s
Brian Waters said he thinks this Cowboys team is as talented as any team in the NFL.
Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL 29s
Still remember Brian Waters running down field on the KICKOFF team for Chiefs in '01. Never saw OL do that. Insane athlete.

_________________
plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 11022
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Bill Parcells is famous for saying that when you start thinking about retiring, you already have.


Bill Parcells retired from 5 different teams. Quoting him hardly enhances your argument.
_________________


"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 11022
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how many snaps do you guys think Waters will get this weekend? Burnindeuce is going to start, but I'd be shocked if Waters didn't play a series or 2 along the way.
_________________


"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein


Last edited by htfryar on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45400
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Waters himself agrees with me
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 29200
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
So, how many snaps do you guys think Waters will get this weekend? Burnindeuce is going to start, but I'd be shocked if Waters didn't play a series or 2 with along the way.


None, at least going by the reports I've seen.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17328
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
And Waters himself agrees with me


Waters agrees that he was a "depth signing" and that he will "play poorly"?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45400
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
And Waters himself agrees with me


Waters agrees that he was a "depth signing" and that he will "play poorly"?


If a players comes out to the media and says he has a long ways to go and isnt a savior then I think its obvious hes not a starter and wont be for a while - logic woukd then allow you to infer that he would likely okay poorly if put into action after a year and a half off.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Posts: 13713
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
htfryar wrote:
So, how many snaps do you guys think Waters will get this weekend? Burnindeuce is going to start, but I'd be shocked if Waters didn't play a series or 2 with along the way.


None, at least going by the reports I've seen.


I say we keep him active on Sunday just in case. I think an aged, out of shape Waters is still better than the deuce.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 10507
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take my chances that Waters playing at 75% is better than any other OG option. He'll be starting in week 2, three at the latest.
_________________

Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SHSTE92


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 3524
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
I'll take my chances that Waters playing at 75% is better than any other OG option. He'll be starting in week 2, three at the latest.


That's what's I'm trying to say to people. Pro Bowl Waters make us a very dangerous team. 75% Waters still makes us a better team. 50-60% Water Burningduece has a chance to fight for his job but we get depth at-least. That's my honest opinion on the matter.
_________________

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17328
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
And Waters himself agrees with me


Waters agrees that he was a "depth signing" and that he will "play poorly"?


If a players comes out to the media and says he has a long ways to go and isnt a savior then I think its obvious hes not a starter and wont be for a while - logic woukd then allow you to infer that he would likely okay poorly if put into action after a year and a half off.


Being a humble guy and understanding he has work to do is a far cry from agreeing that he won't be in the starting lineup and will play poorly when he does see the field.

Jerry didn't sign him to be a backup. He'll be starting week 2 against KC.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45400
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess rime will tell but if he starts week 2 I doubt its at an even decent level and he will be obvious in his struggles.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Posts: 13713
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Guess rime will tell but if he starts week 2 I doubt its at an even decent level and he will be obvious in his struggles.


Sounds like Burningduece to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ace5


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 6158
Location: CT
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Guess rime will tell but if he starts week 2 I doubt its at an even decent level and he will be obvious in his struggles.


Sounds like Burningduece to me.


Sounds like the last four years at oline. If he's a shell of himself it's still a slight improvement.
_________________
iPwn wrote:
Your sig is wherever your car keys are. Sorry you won't ever see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group