Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: GDT Miami Dolphins vs. Cleveland Browns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
IWANTAP!! wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

3. Speaking of time to throw. Holy crap our defensive front 7 is going to be scary good! I kept trying to tell Browns fans that our defensive line was borderline elite. They may have actually just hit the elite category. They held a stud RB to very little on the ground and forced Weeden to have 2-3 seconds to get the ball off on almost every play. Weeden was forced to do mostly 3 step drops all game, and you could see why when they had to run their hurry up with 5 step drops in the 4th quarter. He was getting clobbered back there. The fresh legs coming in to "release the cracken" helped too. Cleveland's front seven was solid, especially against the run, but this is one of those situations that stats don't tell the whole story. Weeden was forced to 3 step drop all day and was still running for his life half the time. I bet we had darn near close to 30 QB pressures that game.

I don't know whether to be more mad at myself for actually arguing with dude who insisted our line wasn't close to the deepest in the league or to laugh my butt off at all those linemen of ours who supposedly aren't even starting quality taking turns laying Weeden out and tackling Richardson for losses.

According to @finsjesse, the Dolphins had 6 sacks, 16 QB hits (!!!!), 10 passes defensed (!!!!!!!!!!!) and a forced fumble. Wow.

Lmao your saying your elite because you primary beat up a fourth stringer... classy, you can keep sayings so, you cool, you the man:)

I'm honestly confused? Who beat up what fourth stringer?

He's talking about Cousins, who started because the two guys ahead of him were hurt, and was absolutely horrible. That would mean a lot more if he was the only one giving up pressure, but he wasn't at all. Wake and Shelby abused Schwarz, who is a good young RT.

The funny thing is that I just said that the Browns' front 7 is one of the best in the league, but he took that reference to a conversation he apparently doesn't even know about completely out of context and decided to take shots. Laughing

Jordan got a sack on their LT as well, but yes, the right side was the worst.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
IWANTAP!! wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

3. Speaking of time to throw. Holy crap our defensive front 7 is going to be scary good! I kept trying to tell Browns fans that our defensive line was borderline elite. They may have actually just hit the elite category. They held a stud RB to very little on the ground and forced Weeden to have 2-3 seconds to get the ball off on almost every play. Weeden was forced to do mostly 3 step drops all game, and you could see why when they had to run their hurry up with 5 step drops in the 4th quarter. He was getting clobbered back there. The fresh legs coming in to "release the cracken" helped too. Cleveland's front seven was solid, especially against the run, but this is one of those situations that stats don't tell the whole story. Weeden was forced to 3 step drop all day and was still running for his life half the time. I bet we had darn near close to 30 QB pressures that game.

I don't know whether to be more mad at myself for actually arguing with dude who insisted our line wasn't close to the deepest in the league or to laugh my butt off at all those linemen of ours who supposedly aren't even starting quality taking turns laying Weeden out and tackling Richardson for losses.

According to @finsjesse, the Dolphins had 6 sacks, 16 QB hits (!!!!), 10 passes defensed (!!!!!!!!!!!) and a forced fumble. Wow.

Lmao your saying your elite because you primary beat up a fourth stringer... classy, you can keep sayings so, you cool, you the man:)

I'm honestly confused? Who beat up what fourth stringer?

He's talking about Cousins, who started because the two guys ahead of him were hurt, and was absolutely horrible. That would mean a lot more if he was the only one giving up pressure, but he wasn't at all. Wake and Shelby abused Schwarz, who is a good young RT.

The funny thing is that I just said that the Browns' front 7 is one of the best in the league, but he took that reference to a conversation he apparently doesn't even know about completely out of context and decided to take shots. Laughing

Jordan got a sack on their LT as well, but yes, the right side was the worst.

That had more to do with Weeden holding on to the ball too long and running around. Jordan was sitting there dancing and not playing hands on.

UniversalAuthor
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much does Brian Hartline love Ray Horton? Last two games against his defense: 21 catches, 367 yards and 2 TDs.
DawgX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game, guys. I thought it was a game that could have gone either way, but I did officially pick the Dolphins to win.

Miami's defense is really, really good. Just imagine how good it could be if Dion Jordan reaches his potential. Shocked

You guys were helped by getting to face Oniel Cousins, though. I mean, the Browns would have probably been better off with just starting four offensive linemen. Sad Laughing

What did you guys think of Cleveland's defense?

Adopt-a-Brown: Alex Mack

DolphWins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
Good game, guys. I thought it was a game that could have gone either way, but I did officially pick the Dolphins to win.

Miami's defense is really, really good. Just imagine how good it could be if Dion Jordan reaches his potential. Shocked

You guys were helped by getting to face Oniel Cousins, though. I mean, the Browns would have probably been better off with just starting four offensive linemen. Sad Laughing

I thought your defense looked pretty darn good. Haden did as expected on Wallace and Hartline did as expected while not facing a true #1 CB and Wallace pulling that safety back all day helped alot. Pretty sure we all thought there would be some issues with our offensive line but god I dont think we expected not being able to run at all. I was really scared at the start when Trich was running on us but we started slowing him down in the backfield and you guys started passing a ton which played into our strength. There were a few opportunities there where you had a couple dropped passes. I still feel that game could have gone either way if one or two plays were reversed. Will say im glad we have Tannehill, he really has that calm demeanor and gets that ball out fast, unlike Weeden.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
157 Rush - 628 Yards - 4.0 Avg - 2 TD [] 25 Rec - 166 Yards
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:

I was very impressed with their front 7, particularly in run defense. Considering Mingo and Rubin didn't even play, the talent level is pretty frightening overall. Haden was very impressive. I know Browns fans are probably overreacting to Skrine getting beat by Hartline a lot, but that's what Hartline does. As I just mentioned above, he's gone for almost 400 yards and his only 2 TDs of the last 17 games against Horton's defense. Laughing Cleveland's D looks like a very strong unit. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do against other opponents.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:

Thanks...it was a fun week of back and forth....good luck on the rest of the season....at least you are still tied for 1st in the North.

DawgX wrote:

The d-line if going to be brutal for most team (hopefully). The CB and Linebacker did a solid job as well.

DawgX wrote:
Cousins got abused by Starks and Soliaia, but a lot of the pressure came over the RT....but smart team attack the weaknesses where they can.

DawgX wrote:

It is very good...I get the feeling you are going to give the teams in your division fits.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 4th down play where they left Cam Wake to go 1v1 with a running back still baffles me but hey I love it lol

Adopt A Dolphin: Brian Hartline
Final: 76REC 1016YDS 4TD
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized Atlanta played NO today. Need to watch that on Rewind to scout 2 of our next 3 opponents.
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we trade QBs pls

I want the ginger off of my team Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was probably in football heaven this week. Watched so many games. Have a set up now of two 60' hdtvs, son hooked up everything so I can watch two games at a time on the big screens and put a small box on each screen to watch one other game on each.

Anyways the point is that was some bad game planning going on across the league, some bad game management, some bad injuries and some bad rulings by the refs. All in all a typical Sunday in September.

Thoughts on the Dolphins game :

1.) Any road win in the NFL is a very good win.

2.) Laughing at friends who I told to take Hartline for their fantasy leagues, In some of the drafts he was still available as a fourth/fifth option at wide receiver. This doesn't mean start him every week but I did project him to have even a better year than last year.

3) Clay had a good game but I have yet to get a warm and fuzzy feeling at our TE position.

4) I will continue to chip away at Ireland as far as the draft process goes. He is good at cap management. Getting better at signing free agents but has me frustrated more than when Jimmy Johnson was calling the shots on draft day. We only have to look at the Steelers to see what could happen on the oline with one injury.

5) Defense continues to have problems with Tight Ends. Cameron is the type of end that is making an impact. Its impossible to cover everyone and stop every possible play, its just that as a couch potato chip with dip on six of his receptions I was saying " I'd call the tight ends number on this play ". Watching the 4pm games Rodgers or Kap would pick us apart.

6) Thankfully, my son drafted Reggie Bush for his fantasy team and ignored Lamar Miller. I know they are not in identical situations but Cmon man, we gave up a weapon for a squirt gun so far.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
I was probably in football heaven this week. Watched so many games. Have a set up now of two 60' hdtvs, son hooked up everything so I can watch two games at a time on the big screens and put a small box on each screen to watch one other game on each.

Anyways the point is that was some bad game planning going on across the league, some bad game management, some bad injuries and some bad rulings by the refs. All in all a typical Sunday in September.

I now picture you walking around your house like the fellas in the World's Most Powerful Fan commercials

Maddogg wrote:
Thoughts on the Dolphins game :

1.) Any road win in the NFL is a very good win.

Yes, A victory is a victory and this is typically a game we would see the Dolphins play down to their opponent and lose.

Maddogg wrote:

2.) Laughing at friends who I told to take Hartline for their fantasy leagues, In some of the drafts he was still available as a fourth/fifth option at wide receiver. This doesn't mean start him every week but I did project him to have even a better year than last year.

Hartline has such a good rapport with Tannehill and runs excellent routes that it going ot be hard to not see him top a thousand again. I would also expect to see him score more TD's.
Maddogg wrote:

3) Clay had a good game but I have yet to get a warm and fuzzy feeling at our TE position.

No, but he became the safety Valve Tannehill needed on some plays....if he can fill that role I will be somewhat satisfied with the position.

Maddogg wrote:

4) I will continue to chip away at Ireland as far as the draft process goes. He is good at cap management. Getting better at signing free agents but has me frustrated more than when Jimmy Johnson was calling the shots on draft day. We only have to look at the Steelers to see what could happen on the oline with one injury.

Most teams are in the same situation as the Dolphins with only being an injury away from being poor across the front. With that said...Oline will need to be a priority in the off-season. Martin and Pouncey played above average ball, but it is not going to be good enough for a playoff push.

Maddogg wrote:

5) Defense continues to have problems with Tight Ends. Cameron is the type of end that is making an impact. Its impossible to cover everyone and stop every possible play, its just that as a couch potato chip with dip on six of his receptions I was saying " I'd call the tight ends number on this play ". Watching the 4pm games Rodgers or Kap would pick us apart.

TE's kill all teams....that is why they are becoming more important pieces to an elite offense. I will say the Dolphins are better then most against TE....they only gave up 2 TD's to TE's last season....that with facing the Pats twice.

Maddogg wrote:

6) Thankfully, my son drafted Reggie Bush for his fantasy team and ignored Lamar Miller. I know they are not in identical situations but Cmon man, we gave up a weapon for a squirt gun so far.

Reggie Bush would have very little as far as rushing yesterday. The Phins just blocked so poorly on run plays that no one would have been successful. What is clear is the Dolphins did not use Bush properly at all last season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins: Third Down Efficiency 8/16 - 50%
Browns: Third Down Efficiency 1/14 - 7%

Love that stat-line.

Not the prettiest of wins but it was a win none-the-less; and i'll take it.
If we can keep improving on offense we have a legit shot the post-season.
DeesNutts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much pain do you think Brandon Weeden is in today? Boy got taken to the woodshed all day long.

Defense gets a A- the minus because I still dont like seeing a TE dominating us.

Offense gets a C+overall, but I give Tannehill an A+. He played amazing. That TD throw to Hartline was perfect. Accuracy was great. Worked through some drops and penalties. Exactly what we need from him. And led that Omar Kelly Sho'Nuff Kill drive to put the game away.

Caleb Sturgis... Good start.
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I am having a hard time wrapping my head around our Off performance yesterday.

I'd like to think Cle is one of those teams that despite it's rec the past few yrs is loaded with talent on both sides.

I'd like to think Tanney through the ball well despite the drops & despite a good front 7 for Cle shut down our running gm.

Clearly being gm #1 Mia & Cle looked like a lotta other good teams playing like crap opening day.

I ain't complaining about the win just wondering ???
sug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: