You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: GDT Miami Dolphins vs. Cleveland Browns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta believe we're the favorites here. On paper, it probably should be a 10+ point game, but I think it's going to be closer than that cause the Browns will come out playing hard. If I had to predict a score, I'd say:

Dolphins 23
Browns 17

Nacho Simulation Football League
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
I think, health and unusual circumstances notwithstanding, this game favors Miami fairly significantly. Cleveland won't be a pushover, but Miami has advantages across the board. Cleveland can win if their strong OL can overpower the Dolphins' strong DL and put together a dominant running day or if they manage to dominate the turnover game. Otherwise, I don't see them having enough offensive consistency against Miami's D, especially with their most dangerous receiver out.

If this game was 8 weeks later I'd be a lot more concerned, but as it is I think this is a pretty ideal test for the Dolphins in week one. We'll see how it turns out.

Curious and respectful Browns fan here....

Just curious....as to what "Significant advantages across the board" you speak of?
If you look at QB play.....tannyhill completed %0.9 more completions, they both threw more INT's than TD's.....

If were talking RB.....I don't think we really need to compare Lamar Miller to Trent Richardson or do you think Miller is better? IF Richardson is healthy.....I don't think its close...

TE's? Push? Neither team has an established starter...J. Cameron may be the most athletic TE on either team....

I'll give the nod to WR to Miami ONLY because Josh Gordon is not playing.....then I would really say push or advantage Cleveland....

Oline.....I think to the man, the Browns have a better Oline....we have a LT that we can say....Wake = 1 tackle and 1 sack....

And on D.....
DB's? Push maybe top to bottom.....Jones is a great saftey.,...but Miami will be starting a kid coming off an year long injury and a CB that was Cut by Cleveland....we have Joe Haden to lock on anyone...and hopefully SKrine will be on mike wallace....I really would debate on a straight fly route if Wallace could run past Buster Skrine (They Both Run in the 4.2's)

LB's.....Cleveland? Push? Miami?
(DQ, very respected OLB....Kruger leading sacker for the defending world Champions, Jabal Sheard...and the #6 pick in the draft Mingo)
(Miami- Brand new Middle LB Eleerbe.....Misi 4.5 Carrer sacks and Wheeler good strong side LB.....and the top backup to OLB...Jason Trusnik...another Cleveland cut...) just making my argument Very Happy

Dline....Were deep....and Phil Taylor will establish himself as a top 5 Dlineman in the NFL this season IMO....IF he can stay healthy...

Coaching: HC may be a push, but I would give the nod to Cleveland for having the stronger coodinators.....

Special Teams: Miami hands down....

Please correct me if you see this differently?

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Gibson will be your best offensive threat. Mike Wallace struggles against Cleveland and particularly Buster Skrine because Buster has 4.2-4.3 speed. Haden would probably be on Hartline.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No disrespect meant but you guys are in for a rough day on Sunday if that's how you think it wil go.

Acroos the board advantages Confused

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Brandon Gibson will be your best offensive threat. Mike Wallace struggles against Cleveland and particularly Buster Skrine because Buster has 4.2-4.3 speed. Haden would probably be on Hartline.

In the end Cleveland is going to have to commit a safety to help with Wallace over the top....this should open up Gibson and Hartline underneath (remember, Hartline spent all last season facing team's number 1 corner and still put up a grand) and don't sleep on Sims and Clay...I would be surprised to see them each catch 2 or 3 balls.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
I think, health and unusual circumstances notwithstanding, this game favors Miami fairly significantly. Cleveland won't be a pushover, but Miami has advantages across the board. Cleveland can win if their strong OL can overpower the Dolphins' strong DL and put together a dominant running day or if they manage to dominate the turnover game. Otherwise, I don't see them having enough offensive consistency against Miami's D, especially with their most dangerous receiver out.

If this game was 8 weeks later I'd be a lot more concerned, but as it is I think this is a pretty ideal test for the Dolphins in week one. We'll see how it turns out.

Just curious....as to what "Significant advantages across the board" you speak of?
If you look at QB play.....tannyhill completed %0.9 more completions, they both threw more INT's than TD's.....

If were talking RB.....I don't think we really need to compare Lamar Miller to Trent Richardson or do you think Miller is better? IF Richardson is healthy.....I don't think its close...

TE's? Push? Neither team has an established starter...J. Cameron may be the most athletic TE on either team....

I'll give the nod to WR to Miami ONLY because Josh Gordon is not playing.....then I would really say push or advantage Cleveland....

Oline.....I think to the man, the Browns have a better Oline....we have a LT that we can say....Wake = 1 tackle and 1 sack....

And on D.....
DB's? Push maybe top to bottom.....Jones is a great saftey.,...but Miami will be starting a kid coming off an year long injury and a CB that was Cut by Cleveland....we have Joe Haden to lock on anyone...and hopefully SKrine will be on mike wallace....I really would debate on a straight fly route if Wallace could run past Buster Skrine (They Both Run in the 4.2's)

(DQ, very respected OLB....Kruger leading sacker for the defending world Champions, Jabal Sheard...and the #6 pick in the draft Mingo)
(Miami- Brand new Middle LB Eleerbe.....Misi 4.5 Carrer sacks and Wheeler good strong side LB.....and the top backup to OLB...Jason Trusnik...another Cleveland cut...) just making my argument Very Happy

Dline....Were deep....and Phil Taylor will establish himself as a top 5 Dlineman in the NFL this season IMO....IF he can stay healthy...

Coaching: HC may be a push, but I would give the nod to Cleveland for having the stronger coodinators.....

I agree with a lot of what you say and tell a lot of my friends that the browns and dolphins are somewhat similar both young and good defenses and Qb's who have potential but both are not yet totally proven. I think we are slightly better team and no josh Gordon helps but its a season home opener as well so I think it will be very close
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

In the end Cleveland is going to have to commit a safety to help with Wallace over the top....this should open up Gibson and Hartline underneath (remember, Hartline spent all last season facing team's number 1 corner and still put up a grand) and don't sleep on Sims and Clay...I would be surprised to see them each catch 2 or 3 balls.

In seven games as a Steeler, he averaged 20.8 yards on 16 receptions, with only two touchdowns. That was with Big Ben throwing to him. I'm really not worried about Mike Wallace. Sims and Clay are unproven as #1 TEs and I watched Sims his whole college career. Like I said, I'm worried about Gibson, but not Hartline. I feel Joe matches with him very well.
bigmark76

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think We are so jacked because the season is finally here that were playing up our teams. If we look at it both teams are very similar, up and coming hungry teams.

The biggest thing the Fins have in their favor is the fact that the Browns have new coaches we'll see how well they coach throughout an entire game that means something (they have been good in the preseason)

The biggest advantage is for the Browns is that the Fins have many new peices and like the Browns and their staff it'll be their first game together playing a game that matters, so chemistry might take a couple of regular season games to get down.

this game will be decided by special teams and feild position.

Me being a homer Laughing I'm going to say Fins 20 Cle 17
Hurricanes26

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a 100% must win game for us. It will set the tone for the rest of the year. We can't do that starting awful garbage we do every year and this year's schedule is rough.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigmark76 wrote:
I think We are so jacked because the season is finally here that were playing up our teams. If we look at it both teams are very similar, up and coming hungry teams.

The biggest thing the Fins have in their favor is the fact that the Browns have new coaches we'll see how well they coach throughout an entire game that means something (they have been good in the preseason)

The biggest advantage is for the Browns is that the Fins have many new peices and like the Browns and their staff it'll be their first game together playing a game that matters, so chemistry might take a couple of regular season games to get down.

this game will be decided by special teams and feild position.

Me being a homer Laughing I'm going to say Fins 20 Cle 17

That was pretty much my assessment. And if it comes down to special teams, then Miami has the clear advantage.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not one to underestimate Cleveland but I think that if our offense doesn't give it away then we can take this one without needing a great offensive performance 17-14. It'll be determined by turnovers. I think we might need some more time to gel together and even I don't know exactly what we have yet.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

In seven games as a Steeler, he averaged 20.8 yards on 16 receptions, with only two touchdowns. That was with Big Ben throwing to him. I'm really not worried about Mike Wallace. Sims and Clay are unproven as #1 TEs and I watched Sims his whole college career. Like I said, I'm worried about Gibson, but not Hartline. I feel Joe matches with him very well.

I have to ask where you got your information on Buster....dude is a 4.48 in the 40 not 4.2/4.3 and I think all Dolphin fans hope they put him on Wallace....we could get so lucky. I still think it is Haden on Wallace and the Browns rolling Ward and Young over to help with coverage...in the end someone is going to get soft coverage due to Wallace....whether it is Hartline, Gibson, or the Running game.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:

I think Tanny has more potential, but at this point I agree with you. Both were about the same last year and both had much better preseasons. Norv Turner joining you makes you thin Weeden should be significantly better this year, but then again, Tanny has a few new weapons which should help him. I call this a draw at this point.

I give the edge to Richardson here, but not by as much as you think. He only averaged 3.6 yards per carry last year. Miller averaged over 5. I really like Miller's potential. He never should have been a fourth round pick. Was Richardson injured part of last year or was the O-line terrible at run blocking? I liked Richardson coming out of college too, but ALL Alabama RB's get overdrafted. They have a mammoth O-line to run behind that makes it kind of easy.

A push is about right now that Keller is out for the season. Although I bet Chud and Turner make Cameron more dangerous than our guys are given their history with TE's

Even with Gordon there, I wouldn't call this one a push. Hartline had 1,100 yards last year, and now he moves to a number 2 receiver role. At the end of the day Wallace is better than Gordon, Hartline is better than Little, and Gibson is better than Bess (Remember that Miami signed Gibson then traded Bess). So maybe I am missing something???

Your LT is definitely better, no doubt. Other than him and Alex Mack, I won't pretend to know anything about your O-line. I will say two things I notice right off the bat. Richardson averaged 3.6 yards per carry? How did that happen? There must be some big holes in the run game. Or did teams stack the box last year against you? Also, Wake won't be playing over your LT. He never does. So saying he will have any effect on Wake isn't accurate.

And on D.....

Agree, both Miami and Cleveland have strong secondaries. I may even give the slight edge to Cleveland if you have a solid nickle CB. Both our rookies are hurt and we cut our best CB 3 for cap reasons a week ago. Being a Gator fan, I knew how awesome he was before most people did.

LB is a huge question mark going into this game. Do we even know if Mingo is going to play? And this will be the first game we see Wheeler and Ellerbe in a real game situation together. We won't really know how good either one of these LBer groups are until a few weeks from now. I can say though that Ellerbe has looked VERY good at ILB in the preseason.

D-line is a clear Miami favorite. One of the deepest in the NFL, and one of the best. Soliai led the middle of the defense over the last 2 years when we held opponents to 3.85 yards per carry, and to be honest, that's deceiving. Many of the yards rushing against us were chunk yards on draws, reverses, and off tackle runs. The middle has been plugged up for the most part. We have two 3 technique DT's that both are in pro bowl form, and will be able to rotate and both be in on obvious passing downs. Starks has been to multiple pro bowls, and Odrick moved inside to DT this year and has been one of our best defensive players there all preseason. So much so that he may get the starting nod over Starks. Wake is one of the top 5 pass rushers in the NFL and is VERY good against the run too. A complete beast. Probably the best defender out of both teams. And on the other side we will be using Olivier Vernon most of the time, who was solid last year as a rotational guy and has beefed up in his second year, and also looked like a stud at DE in the preseason as the number one starter. Then throw in the number 3 pick in the draft coming in on obvious passing downs to rush the passer, and that D-line should be dominant this year. Vaughn Martin even had a solid preseason and Derick Shelby. Those guys could probably start on a few teams in the NFL.

I'll give you OC. Our DC has proven to be really good. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they end up a top 5 defense this year. We were 7th last year, and we really should be better.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurricanes26 wrote:
I think this is a 100% must win game for us. It will set the tone for the rest of the year. We can't do that starting awful garbage we do every year and this year's schedule is rough.

Welcome to the forum.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it for what it's worth, but the last time our OC and the Browns' DC squared off the Dolphins got 480 yards of offense (last year vs Arizona).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 2 of 24

Jump to: