Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: GDT Miami Dolphins vs. Cleveland Browns
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeyL.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Week 1: GDT Miami Dolphins vs. Cleveland Browns Reply with quote

Normally wouldnt do this, but im freaking excited. Thank God, real football is finally here!!

Predictions?

Anyone going to the game? I am, so ill purchase a nice cold one for my fellow fin fans!

My take, 24-21 Us. I think its going to be a close one but a late Caleb Sturgis FG and a great defensive stand at the end of the game will set the tone for the season.

Fins Up!

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will rock this one. I think we will see the true growth of Tannehill. I think we will get the running game going. The defense is sound. I think we will take it 31-17

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleveland actually has good corners and a solid pass defense. We will need to get the running game going or else this will be a close game. Cleveland's offense looked markedly improved over last year with Turner running the show now, so we will see how that goes, but our defense is going to be difficult to move the ball on all year. I think special teams is going to be the determining factor and I think Miami has the definitive edge in this one with the best punter in the NFL, a solid returner, and Sturgis (The future best kicker in the NFL)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, health and unusual circumstances notwithstanding, this game favors Miami fairly significantly. Cleveland won't be a pushover, but Miami has advantages across the board. Cleveland can win if their strong OL can overpower the Dolphins' strong DL and put together a dominant running day or if they manage to dominate the turnover game. Otherwise, I don't see them having enough offensive consistency against Miami's D, especially with their most dangerous receiver out.

If this game was 8 weeks later I'd be a lot more concerned, but as it is I think this is a pretty ideal test for the Dolphins in week one. We'll see how it turns out.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect a close game. Being the first game of the year there will be the usual nerves, miscues and lost chances. Miami does not do well on opening day.
The odds are pick'em at this point and ending odds will probably be dictated more by early betting than anything either team does this week.

Staying optimistic I will go Dolphins 20 Cleveland 17

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me biased but I think that our defense will be too much for the Browns to handle because of the fact that this is their first time running their full gameplan in real action since they got the new coach. I also believe that our offensive will do just enough to win

Dolphins 23
Browns 13

Jarvis "Juice" Landry
2014 Stats: 0 REC 0YDS 0TDS
Karrde

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Cleveland actually has good corners and a solid pass defense. We will need to get the running game going or else this will be a close game. Cleveland's offense looked markedly improved over last year with Turner running the show now, so we will see how that goes, but our defense is going to be difficult to move the ball on all year. I think special teams is going to be the determining factor and I think Miami has the definitive edge in this one with the best punter in the NFL, a solid returner, and Sturgis (The future best kicker in the NFL)

<-- Browns fan

We have one great corner (Haden), but no one solid to play across from him. So our pass defense may be suspect. Our run defense has been historically bad, but I'm hoping our depth at DL (defensive strength) can surprise us and stop the run.

Good luck! (but not too much)
Karrde

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karrde wrote:
bpastermack wrote:

We have one great corner (Haden), but no one solid to play across from him. So our pass defense may be suspect.

Continuing on this, Haden will be shadowing every teams #1, so I expect Wallace's impact to be minimal. If your other receivers can put up numbers, you'll have a good shot at this game, but I think it will be a close one.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like this is a game where we may see Hartline go off. Granted fans will then say Wallace is overpaid, but Joe Haden is one of the five best corners in the game. I really expect whoever he doesn't shadow to have a big day.

Personally if I'm Cleveland I roll coverage to Wallace, and make let Haden shadow Hartline.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
I feel like this is a game where we may see Hartline go off. Granted fans will then say Wallace is overpaid, but Joe Haden is one of the five best corners in the game. I really expect whoever he doesn't shadow to have a big day.

Personally if I'm Cleveland I roll coverage to Wallace, and make let Haden shadow Hartline.

This is why Wallace is getting the "big bucks"....he commands attention which should open up other options for the offense.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gut says I don't make predictions.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:

This is why Wallace is getting the "big bucks"....he commands attention which should open up other options for the offense.

Yes, last year Haden covered Hartline and it shut down our passing offense. This year, either they have to double Wallace, or put Haden on an island with him, which should open up Hartline and Gibson for big games. Wallace is more than just the stats he gives us. He should open things up for our running game and for our other receivers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to see how our offense performs with the space that Mike Wallace creates by forcing the defense to actually cover the full field (rather than load up for short yardage like all the teams that stopped us did last year). So I don't care if Haden shuts him off, as long as hes there, hes creating space so we can make short passes to Gibson and Miller become huge gains.

Oh and Haden can beat Wallace on 9 out of 10 plays, but that one play he loses on will be a 70 yard TD bomb.

FF Member #67
stepover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like being a tough road game. Browns better than people think. Weeden looks like he's improved a lot in the off season and the key could be whether our new LB corps can cover Jordan Cameron. If they can then without Gordon to throw to I trust our front 7 to keep Trent Richardson down to a modest game (if you keep Richardson under 100 total yards that's a good performance) and that way I think we can keep them below 20 points.

Question is can we score 20 on the road? I think we can. Tanny hasn't thrown an interception in pre-season and so as long as Miller holds on to the ball I think we can win the turnover battle. As people have said Wallace's impact isn't just his own stat line - it's the knowledge that Hartline and Gibson should have more space and Miller may have one less man in the box. I look for Gibson to have a big day with 7 catches, 80 yards and a TD.

As long as Sturgis doesn't get the yips opening day I think we win 23 - 19.
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

run the ball
stop the run
win on third down defensively

this should be the plan!
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner '12, '13 and '14
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: