Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Just for fun, the What if's in the past 5 drafts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Just for fun, the What if's in the past 5 drafts Reply with quote

Looking back at Dom's past Draft Mistakes? I am bored so this could get confusing. I am labeling Freeman as a "mistake" just because its year 5 and no one can tell you he is your QB for the long haul.

2009:

We drafted QB Josh Freeman.

What if we drafted .....
TE brandon Pettigrew.

Bucs needed a TE who can block and become a solid threat in the recieving game. This would have been a great pick in a weak draft with too many Questions surrounding the QBs after Stafford.

What if we did not Trade for Winslow......Kept the 2nd Round pick:

Drafted SS William Moore. Secondary was an issue and we had no one to fill the void at Safety next to Tanard at the time. Moore was consistent in run support and coverage. Hes been very good in the NFL to date.

Roy Miller was a solid Pick in round 3 as we needed a rotational run stopper.

2010: 1st : Gerald McCoy looks to be turning into a good pick. Pro Bowler.

2nd : We took Brian Price. What if we took....

LDE Carlos Dunlap

: We needed help all over the defensive line and there was no denying how good Dunlap was. Just think if we had him rushing the passer from the left side....

2nd: We took Arrellious Benn WR

What if we took....Golden Tate WR : This was a guy I wanted before the draft in 2010. He was a great NFL slot Wr prospect with speed, something we needed badly. He's been very good in that role.

3rd Round: We took CB Myron Lewis.

What if we took.....CB Alterraun Verner Another pick I was all over. Verner was just a physical CB that can play man and zone. Don't know what Dom and scouts saw in Lewis.

6th Round: I think we all will question this one.

We took P Brent Bowden.

What if we took......Greg Hardy DE: He had injury history which led to the drop, but in the 6th round, what was the risk over a P who couldn't cut it in the league? Come on. I was yelling for this pick and then a few picks later Carolina traded up for him. Now they have two consistent pass rushers. SHEESH.

2011: Took Adrian Clayborn. Without a franchise QB, could have traded down.

What if we took: Andy Dalton QB: Dalton is an NFL QB who is just smart, accurate and will take that next step into the top 12.

2nd: we took DE Dequan Bowers.

What if we took Shane Vareen RB[b]
- Great #2 back to fill into our rotation and WR threat.

4th Round: We traded up for TE Luke Stocker. What if we took;
- Cortez Allen CB: Very solid starting CB with a good front 7.

2012:
1st round: We took Mark Barron
What if we took....DE Chandler Jones : Hardy at this time would have been a solid pick, but having a NY Giants 3 man rotation in Jones/Hardy/Dunlap would have been very good.

2013: There is no need to trade for Revis. We have two solid CBs a good Safety.

instead of Trading for Revis, we take: Star Loutelli DT: Imagine Star and mcCoy with the 3 DEs? Pheww. Not pretty for opposing O-Lines right.

2nd round: Stay the same. Banks

3rd round: Instead of taking Mike Glennon, we take Kasheem Greene OLB:

Strengthen that LB Core with David-Foster-Greene

Instead of William Gholston, we take : Quinton Patton WR: Can never have enough Weapons right?

Of course, the Free Agent Signings stay in tact, except Eric Wright.

Can you imagine how this roster would look, if, which were all possible moves at the time, turned out:

QB-Andy Dalton: definate Franchise QB
RB: Doug martin/Shane Vereen
FB: Eric Lorig
WR1: Vincent Jackson/Golden Tate
WR2: Mike Williams/Quinton Patton
WR 3: Golden Tate
LT: Penn
G: Nicks (ehh)
C: Zuttah
G: Joseph
T: Dotson

DE: Dunlap/Hardy
DT: Loutelli/Miller
DT: McCoy/Spence
DE: Jones
WLB: David
MLB: Foster
SLB: Greene
CB: Verner/Banks
FS: Goldson
SS: Moore
CB: Allen

I was bored and was thinking about moves we COULD HAVE MADE
BBando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the hypothetical game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
I hate the hypothetical game.

Agreed. Without Freeman that first season there is a good chance we finish dead last and take Bradford or Suh and then...??? Impossible to figure out

#EmbraceTheSuck
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Dalton is a carbon-copy of Josh Freeman just without the strong arm. Bengals fans will tell you he does not play well against good teams, so its not a real gain by any means. That being said, I will say I loved Golden Tate coming out and thought he'd be a #1 along with Demaryius Thomas but he absolutely destroyed the combine. Didn't know much about Verner but I did remember TB having interest in him and thought he was a good option in the 4th round. I liked Greg Hardy as well in that same draft, especially that late. He was always a good edge rusher but always injury prone. Made Peria Jerry actually better than he actually was coming out. Was not a fan of William Moore, he had bad senior tape and fell to the 2nd round. He's doing a good job though as a zone coverage safety for the Falcons. No thanks on Brandon Pettigrew. I liked Dunlap, but had too many questions about him. He is kinda what we hoped Bowers would become eventually. And, our secondary in your scenario IMO would be downgraded. Verner isn't even a starter anymore and is better suited for zone. Just don't like the idea of having 2 starting corners that don't have long speed to play man coverage. With Revis, you know nobody in they right mind is going to fly past him, except maybe Ginn every once in a blue moon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: