Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Single most valuable Texan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good play, good PASS Cool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

34/45 346 yards 3 tds 1 Int (tipped pass)

Brought team back from 21 point deficit in 3rd Quarter for a 4th quarter victory on the road

S.T.F.U.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
jch1911

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Brought team back from 21 point deficit in 3rd Quarter for a 4th quarter victory on the road

S.T.F.U.

U.IZ.STOOPID Laughing

You left out the 110 QB rating
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

S.T.F.U.

U.IZ.STOOPID Laughing

And the game winning drive

#clutch
jch1911

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:

#clutch

How epic was it that at the sports bar where I was watching the game... they were showing the 95 Rockets championship on another TV?!? CLUTCH CITY!
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:

#clutch

How epic was it that at the sports bar where I was watching the game... they were showing the 95 Rockets championship on another TV?!? CLUTCH CITY!

Sounds like a great bar
kurtatx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
jch1911 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

S.T.F.U.

U.IZ.STOOPID Laughing

#clutch

I moonlight as a bears fan. Honest to God I'm not sure I want Schaub or Cutler at this point. Either way both of those performances represent potential for extensions.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

S.T.F.U.

My quote was actually a compliment when he threw the pass to OD for a touchdown.

Im not gonna keep this going, I have my opinion on Schaub with facts to back my theory and you have facts to back yours. Schaub started out poorly last night and turned it around. Last night our defense and run game was terrible (defense picked up late) and Schaub carried this team to a victory. He deserves all the credit and no matter what I think of Schaub, I am a realist (said it before) and he earned his keep last night. Well done, my hat is off to you matt, please keep up the clutch factor and this team will be dangerous.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

S.T.F.U.

My quote was actually a compliment when he threw the pass to OD for a touchdown.

Im not gonna keep this going, I have my opinion on Schaub with facts to back my theory and you have facts to back yours. Schaub started out poorly last night and turned it around. Last night our defense and run game was terrible (defense picked up late) and Schaub carried this team to a victory. He deserves all the credit and no matter what I think of Schaub, I am a realist (said it before) and he earned his keep last night. Well done, my hat is off to you matt, please keep up the clutch factor and this team will be dangerous.

Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

S.T.F.U.

Well, I'll give you credit for at least giving Schaub his due for a week. You are certainly not alone in your opinion on Schaub which I believe for most fans comes from a lack of games like this where he clearly and definitively put the team on his back and carried it to victory, so this was exactly the type of confidence builder we needed to rally behind our rightful leader. I maintain that he did it for 4 years, but the defense and coaching was so bad they gave back several trademark victories he rightfully earned. His role changed once the defense and running game caught up, so people minimize his role in victories where he calmly and safely guides us there without need of fanfare. All you had to do was look across the field for a reminder of what poor coaching, defense, and running game do to a QB who shouldn't even be in a position to lose a 21 point lead.

Additionally, I also think "blame" is starting to clarify as well or at least more fairly be spread out for a fan base that has just blamed the QB for any shortcomings for 12 seasons now. Workload or not, Arian flopped down the stretch last year as well yet escaped almost any culpability and Wade's secondary hasn't been right in over half a season now and far more responsible for the playoff loss than anything Schaub didn't do. Arian has acted like AJ used to in taking the offseaon off and was a rusty mess yesterday. He needs to get his stuff right or for all the goodwill he's earned, that salary is going to start to be hard and harder to swallow as he's done less each successive season now. I don't think Tate looked that much better, but he definitely had more burst. I suspect this will be the thing Texan fans will be barking at each other about in a month, until Tate takes enough hits to go sit in the tub for a month and let everyone else bear the load.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

S.T.F.U.

Says the guy who brings nothing to the conversation except for insults and stroking apollos posts. I may have a different opinion but I always post stats to back up what i think. They may be viewed differently by some but I have my own opinion. I've brought up our run game and defense before and how schaub only wins when they play great. last night he proved me wrong. only one game but he did it. I've brought up his TD to int ratio being poor but others dismiss it and twist my words. it is what it is. I hope schaub wins super bowl MVP. I wouldn't be bitter. I'd eat crow. but until he wins more like Monday night I will have my opinion on him. good day sir.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schaub was great all game. Dude even showed some sort of pocket awareness and mobility a couple of times.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Dude even showed some sort of pocket awareness and mobility a couple of times.

From PFF
Quote:
- Under pressure Riversí QB rating dropped 35 points from 101.9 to 66.4

- Under pressure Matt Schaubís rating actually went up 30 points from 99.4 to 129.4

I - for one - was EXTREMELY surprised by Matt's ability to avoid the rush and get a pass off compared to last season.

I still back AA on the note that a QB as tall as Matt and a professional football player should be able to get positive yards with his legs if called upon on occasion. But I also agree with Apollo that Schuabby does not get as much credit as he deserves - esp. from national media - with his ability to accurately deliver the ball and avoid TO's MOST of the time.

Part of me thinks that this shows that Schaubby is actually over the foot injury now, but was not completely over the injury last season.
Cole416

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

S.T.F.U.

Says the guy who brings nothing to the conversation except for insults and stroking apollos posts. I may have a different opinion but I always post stats to back up what i think. They may be viewed differently by some but I have my own opinion. I've brought up our run game and defense before and how schaub only wins when they play great. last night he proved me wrong. only one game but he did it. I've brought up his TD to int ratio being poor but others dismiss it and twist my words. it is what it is. I hope schaub wins super bowl MVP. I wouldn't be bitter. I'd eat crow. but until he wins more like Monday night I will have my opinion on him. good day sir.

As much as I want to see that happen more often, it is best that it doesn't have to be done as much as I want to. Either way Schaub did good and we have to give him props for winning the game for us Monday night.

Adopt a Texan:

Jadeveon Clowney:
1 GP
----
0 Sacks
1 Tackles
0 TFL
0 INT
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

S.T.F.U.

You say he turns the ball over too much and then post a totals-based statistic to back up your reasoning. It is inherently wrong to use a totals-based statistic for a ratio-based argument.

You say "OMG Matt threw 12 INTs last year he is HORRIBLE and a GAME MANAGER AT BEST." Right after Apollo says that he has the 3rd lowest INT percentage on his throws of all time. Like, seriously, come on.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: