Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams release LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Ray-Ray might have a bigger impact than most of us thought. Is it too late to adopt a ram him? lol

I think who ever had Jo lonn should be able to change their pick lol

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody is jumping on Ray Ray being the reason, and I know there is reason why. But don't forget about Witherspoon, although he is up there in age he is still a good veteran who can certainly fill in on run downs.

The Ray Ray part is far more intriguing though. . .

Another thing that is from the loony bin is think about how this helps Snead and Fish when they go into next years UDFA pool and they say 'Ray Ray, Bates, Stewart, Cunningham, Mcloed etc.' They aren't just saying they'll give these guys opportunity, they are giving it to them'
S-jax39

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really wish we didnt.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My immediate thought was "Did he fail another drug test?"
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling he'll end up in NO again

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards
yrba1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If his production dropped noticeably during the preseason post-PEDs, then I understand. Looks like Ray Ray's getting more opportunities (which I like). I expect a few busted plays seeing that he's new to the position but he should progress well.

We will rally around Ray Ray Armstrong, and we will play good football...
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Against_me wrote:
wtf? can't understand

What's not to understand? Just read the thread. He either failed another drug test or the Rams feel confident that Ray Ray can get the job done at a cheaper cost. He's younger and cheaper, Fisher will go with that every time.
cody513

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe he actually got cut.

Have to think someone has really caught the coaches eye is the only thing like what has been mentioned.
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yrba1 wrote:
If his production dropped noticeably during the preseason post-PEDs, then I understand. Looks like Ray Ray's getting more opportunities (which I like). I expect a few busted plays seeing that he's new to the position but he should progress well.

We will rally around Ray Ray Armstrong, and we will play good football...

Laughing Laughing I.. I get it. I see what you did there

Tavon Austin
14KR---------303yards
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a lot of changes being made at LB this year. I know its too soon, but just like last year I will be rooting for CJ Mosley in next years draft.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Wow, a lot of changes being made at LB this year. I know its too soon, but just like last year I will be rooting for CJ Mosley in next years draft.
Mosley will likely be a very good LB in the NFL, the thing is tho, that he could also be a very similar player to Ogletree. More of a Chase & Cover LB than a Stuff & Rush guy.

Now, as I have said before, i think that would be the way to build the LB corps, full of the new-age LBs, but some will still be calling to have one of the old-school and more standard Down-hill trumpeters at SLB. But with our Front 4 I think a guy who can do that, but is more of the Athletic all-around types would be a better fit.

Im very split on who I would like to have most; Mosley, Shazier or Van Noy
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He might not have been as good post PEDs or another suspension as others suggested? Either way it is a loss for us and the Rams now have less depth at OLB.

Personally I think he was selfish and I don't really care for cheaters, glad the Rams are moving on. If they had no intentions of resigning him after this year, it isn't a terrible move. Younger guys will get more playing time and develop quicker or at least see what we have in them.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Mosley will likely be a very good LB in the NFL, the thing is tho, that he could also be a very similar player to Ogletree. More of a Chase & Cover LB than a Stuff & Rush guy.

Now, as I have said before, i think that would be the way to build the LB corps, full of the new-age LBs, but some will still be calling to have one of the old-school and more standard Down-hill trumpeters at SLB. But with our Front 4 I think a guy who can do that, but is more of the Athletic all-around types would be a better fit.

Im very split on who I would like to have most; Mosley, Shazier or Van Noy

Im not saying he is a full on thumper, but I remember watching film on him and he CAN be one when need be-- much moreso than Tree. IMO he is the most well rounded LB Ive seen in a long time, and hes definitely the fastest. Ive watched him on multiple occasions chase down the play from the opposite side of the field outrunning DBs that were on the playside, he has ridiculous speed.
Against_me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Against_me wrote:
wtf? can't understand

What's not to understand? Just read the thread. He either failed another drug test or the Rams feel confident that Ray Ray can get the job done at a cheaper cost. He's younger and cheaper, Fisher will go with that every time.

Thatīs what people think in here, not what Fisher has said. I mean, I trust him, but I canīt hide it was a big surprise for me

Stedman Bailey

receiving - 17 rec 226 yards avg 15.4
rushing - 2 att 33 yards 1 td

Ray Ray Armstrong

13 tackles 0 FF 1 FR 0 Int 0 Sacks
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Im not saying he is a full on thumper, but I remember watching film on him and he CAN be one when need be-- much moreso than Tree. IMO he is the most well rounded LB Ive seen in a long time, and hes definitely the fastest. Ive watched him on multiple occasions chase down the play from the opposite side of the field outrunning DBs that were on the playside, he has ridiculous speed.
What is a long time? A year? Because he isnt even close to Kuechly's level.

While Mosley may be built thicker than Tree, he is the same type of Chase & Cover player. He is not a Thumper at all. Yes he can go fill a hole as his responsibility, but I dont see it being done any better than Ogletree did in college.

Mosely isnt even the consensus Top LB in this draft, its his coverage ability that makes his so appealing, and honestly he is likely only going to slide down draft boards from here on out. He will struggle to stay at the mid-first slot he is in (at best) right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: