Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texans sign LB Brian Cushing to 6-year, $55.643M extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
texansfan


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 5618
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to lock up another key piece of this team. Good signing as far as I am concerned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marco79


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 11563
Location: Bloomington, IN
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the deal and it is a great sign that we signed him now because it is a vote of confidence that he is back 100%.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40508
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14159
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:


so this is what a 55 million dollar smile looks like Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4779
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per La Canfora of CBSports


http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/23509370/texans-cost-for-cushing-extension-could-be-as-low-as-1-year-122m


Rick built some nice safeguards in Cush's contract, hopefully we don't have use those and he stays healthy.
_________________

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Apollo Stallion


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 5604
Location: Battle Red State
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So can you say, "worth every penny." Game saving int/pick 6 in week 1, two sacks + 4 tfl, 11 solo tackles in week two.

Anyone else ready for a Whitney Mercilus sighting this week or get Jefferson out there a few times per game to generate some heat on Flacco.
_________________


12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CAS22


Joined: 06 Jul 2007
Posts: 18734
Location: SMU
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
So can you say, "worth every penny." Game saving int/pick 6 in week 1, two sacks + 4 tfl, 11 solo tackles in week two.

Anyone else ready for a Whitney Mercilus sighting this week or get Jefferson out there a few times per game to generate some heat on Flacco.

I'd like to see Jefferson in there 3rd downs. It'll only work out if Wade goes with a 4-1-6 and Willie comes in for Reed (Jefferson, Watt, Smith, Mercilus front four). Wade has been starting to use Reed and Cushing together in the middle in a 3-2-6, which for me doesn't work as well because of the lack of pass rush.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Apollo Stallion


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 5604
Location: Battle Red State
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
So can you say, "worth every penny." Game saving int/pick 6 in week 1, two sacks + 4 tfl, 11 solo tackles in week two.

Anyone else ready for a Whitney Mercilus sighting this week or get Jefferson out there a few times per game to generate some heat on Flacco.

I'd like to see Jefferson in there 3rd downs. It'll only work out if Wade goes with a 4-1-6 and Willie comes in for Reed (Jefferson, Watt, Smith, Mercilus front four). Wade has been starting to use Reed and Cushing together in the middle in a 3-2-6, which for me doesn't work as well because of the lack of pass rush.


Did you catch what alignment we were in for Cushing's 2 sacks? I'm also always interested on where JJ is on his sacks as to my eye, he causes more damage inside than out.
_________________


12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14159
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
So can you say, "worth every penny." Game saving int/pick 6 in week 1, two sacks + 4 tfl, 11 solo tackles in week two.

Anyone else ready for a Whitney Mercilus sighting this week or get Jefferson out there a few times per game to generate some heat on Flacco.

I'd like to see Jefferson in there 3rd downs. It'll only work out if Wade goes with a 4-1-6 and Willie comes in for Reed (Jefferson, Watt, Smith, Mercilus front four). Wade has been starting to use Reed and Cushing together in the middle in a 3-2-6, which for me doesn't work as well because of the lack of pass rush.


Did you catch what alignment we were in for Cushing's 2 sacks? I'm also always interested on where JJ is on his sacks as to my eye, he causes more damage inside than out.


Well remember this week he went against Warmack who is a rookie. I think he does his damage best when he loops around from outside to inside.....but then again, he prolly just does everything great lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group