Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys make 4th trade in 4 days. Caesar Rayford
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheTechnician


Joined: 16 Aug 2013
Posts: 236
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Not that it really matters, just wondering why was my thread removed if it was posted 10 minutes before this one Laughing


Sounds like it matters.... Laughing

JK...I actually never saw your thread before I created this one. I had posted about this in another thread before I decided to create this as a separate discussion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39499
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTechnician wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Not that it really matters, just wondering why was my thread removed if it was posted 10 minutes before this one Laughing


Sounds like it matters.... Laughing

JK...I actually never saw your thread before I created this one. I had posted about this in another thread before I decided to create this as a separate discussion.


I just found it odd because i just came to look and i saw it was gone for some reason... Laughing
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
textaz03


Moderator
Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 11131
Location: Land of the Jersey Devil!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Nerwork has the compensation as a 2015 late round pick
_________________




"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 9584
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good move. Will say if they were going to make a trade for DL help, I'd have preferred sending the pick to Indy for Nevis. Think the interior needs more help than end, but that's me.
_________________

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SHSTE92


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 3479
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick run down of Broaddus' quick run down:

Quote:
-Extreme arm length at 36” and you see him use them to his advantage. Majority of his work was seen with his hand on the ground. Has a nice initial take off. Showed some quickness for an inside move against the Bills for a tackle for loss.

-Like his quickness for a player so tall. When he wants to get a jump off the line, he can do it. Was able to break down Joe Thomas of the Browns twice, which surprised me.

-Has beaten tackles for sacks and pressure but has also had production against tight ends and “H” backs that have tried to block him.

-His effort and motor are outstanding but when he got tired, his technique really suffered.

-Can see why the Colts kept him in the first place because of his production but really not a great fit in their 3-4 scheme at outside linebacker. Has a chance here as a rotational defensive end and kick blocker on special teams with his height. Can work with guys like this because of their physical traits and effort. Low risk, high reward type of player that was productive against everyone he played.



http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/Scout%E2%80%99s-Eye-Quick-Look-At-Newly-Acquired-DE-Rayford/2182a757-d08c-4171-9d88-19f51b6cfff2?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
_________________

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 25976
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Not that it really matters, just wondering why was my thread removed if it was posted 10 minutes before this one Laughing


How many posts were in yours as opposed to this one?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39499
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Not that it really matters, just wondering why was my thread removed if it was posted 10 minutes before this one Laughing


How many posts were in yours as opposed to this one?


Gonna PM you the answer to your question.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 9584
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMMMMMAN, I DON"T CARE WHO GOT THREAD RIGHTS!!
_________________

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 26628
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
MMMMMMAN, I DON"T CARE WHO GOT THREAD RIGHTS!!


It can be a big deal to some people.

Let's get back on topic here.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MightyMouse07


Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Posts: 28080
Location: Sloville
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
MMMMMMAN, I DON"T CARE WHO GOT THREAD RIGHTS!!


It can be a big deal to some people.


SHOTS FIRED!
_________________
R.I.P. Nikolas and Brian you will truly be missed.

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39499
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
MMMMMMAN, I DON"T CARE WHO GOT THREAD RIGHTS!!


It can be a big deal to some people.


SHOTS FIRED!


Figures he of all people would say that. #Number1Suspect.

By the way... how can you take a shot and say "Let's get back on topic here." on the same post Laughing

Anyway... i was just wondering what exactly happened because it was strange.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 26628
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
MightyMouse07 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
MMMMMMAN, I DON"T CARE WHO GOT THREAD RIGHTS!!


It can be a big deal to some people.


SHOTS FIRED!


Figures he of all people would say that. #Number1Suspect.

By the way... how can you take a shot and say "Let's get back on topic here." on the same post Laughing

Anyway... all i was just wondering what exactly happened because it was strange.


Who says I was talking about you?

Like I said, back on topic.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39499
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
MightyMouse07 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
MMMMMMAN, I DON"T CARE WHO GOT THREAD RIGHTS!!


It can be a big deal to some people.


SHOTS FIRED!


Figures he of all people would say that. #Number1Suspect.

By the way... how can you take a shot and say "Let's get back on topic here." on the same post Laughing

Anyway... all i was just wondering what exactly happened because it was strange.


Who says I was talking about you?

Like I said, back on topic.


Oh yeah... of course Rolling Eyes
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39499
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
Quick run down of Broaddus' quick run down:

Quote:
-Extreme arm length at 36” and you see him use them to his advantage. Majority of his work was seen with his hand on the ground. Has a nice initial take off. Showed some quickness for an inside move against the Bills for a tackle for loss.

-Like his quickness for a player so tall. When he wants to get a jump off the line, he can do it. Was able to break down Joe Thomas of the Browns twice, which surprised me.

-Has beaten tackles for sacks and pressure but has also had production against tight ends and “H” backs that have tried to block him.

-His effort and motor are outstanding but when he got tired, his technique really suffered.

-Can see why the Colts kept him in the first place because of his production but really not a great fit in their 3-4 scheme at outside linebacker. Has a chance here as a rotational defensive end and kick blocker on special teams with his height. Can work with guys like this because of their physical traits and effort. Low risk, high reward type of player that was productive against everyone he played.



http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/Scout%E2%80%99s-Eye-Quick-Look-At-Newly-Acquired-DE-Rayford/2182a757-d08c-4171-9d88-19f51b6cfff2?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter


Rayford also had 22 and a half sacks in three AFL seasons... which is actually impressive giving how quick they throw the ball there.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Felix=Fast!


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 2217
Location: Amarillo Tx
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
MightyMouse07 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
MMMMMMAN, I DON"T CARE WHO GOT THREAD RIGHTS!!


It can be a big deal to some people.


SHOTS FIRED!


Figures he of all people would say that. #Number1Suspect.

By the way... how can you take a shot and say "Let's get back on topic here." on the same post :lol:

Anyway... all i was just wondering what exactly happened because it was strange.


Who says I was talking about you?

Like I said, back on topic.


Oh yeah... of course :roll:
dude go away.(sorry desperado)



Where does rayford fit on the depth chart. Backup LDE?
_________________


Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group