Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints signing former Chargers WR Robert Meachem
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Saints signing former Chargers WR Robert Meachem Reply with quote

Quote:
Breaking: Former #Charger WR Robert Meachem on verge of signing with #Saints.

https://twitter.com/BWilliamsonESPN/status/374968417700179968

The Saints lost speedster Joe Morgan to a season ending injury a few weeks ago so they need a deep thread, the question is does Meachem have anything left in the tank after a horrible 2012 season with the Chargers which resulted in him been one of the biggest free-agent busts in recent history.

Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels like a Aaron Ross situation, where you leave your team in free-agency for a lot of money, end up playing horrible and after collecting a lot of money [Meachem made $14 million in his one year with the Chargers] you go back to your "home" team and maybe start to produce again.
Tom Brady Tribute
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish him the best and hope he can resurrect his career back in Nawlins. He was just terrible in blue though and seemed to have lost all of his top end speed.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Pookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DA MONSTA MEACH.... Daaaaaa MONSTA MEACH!! Lol I get to use my Meachem TD song again
game3525

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
I wish him the best and hope he can resurrect his career back in Nawlins. He was just terrible in blue though and seemed to have lost all of his top end speed.

Agreed, this isn't like Gaither. Meachem is a good guy from all accounts, he just didn't have it with the Bolts.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints signing former Chargers WR Robert Meachem Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Breaking: Former #Charger WR Robert Meachem on verge of signing with #Saints.

https://twitter.com/BWilliamsonESPN/status/374968417700179968

The Saints lost speedster Joe Morgan to a season ending injury a few weeks ago so they need a deep thread, the question is does Meachem have anything left in the tank after a horrible 2012 season with the Chargers which resulted in him been one of the biggest free-agent busts in recent history.

Shouldn't the headline also read that he was a Saint before going to SD? The Saints drafted him in the 1st round.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints signing former Chargers WR Robert Meachem Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Shouldn't the headline also read that he was a Saint before going to SD? The Saints drafted him in the 1st round.

Of course he was and everyone knows that but he last played for the Chargers and there isn't enough space to write both the teams names... not sure why it even bothers you.
Tom Brady Tribute
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't need a deep threat, Billy. Kenny Stills has been doing a fine job of that with his breakaway speed.

Also, frankly, I don't like this signing. Rather give our young and up incoming WRs a chance.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
We don't need a deep threat, Billy. Kenny Stills has been doing a fine job of that with his breakaway speed.

Also, frankly, I don't like this signing. Rather give our young and up incoming WRs a chance.

Stills is unproven and clearly the Saints re-signed Meachem because they believe he can help them.
Tom Brady Tribute
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

Stills is unproven and clearly the Saints re-signed Meachem because they believe he can help them.

I don't think they believe he can help us as a deep threat, though. They may use him to stretch the field but I don't believe we'll ever really throw it deep to Meachem, maybe the occasional play. I believe he'll be used more across the middle, but I still don't like it.

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan:
Pookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

I don't think they believe he can help us as a deep threat, though. They may use him to stretch the field but I don't believe we'll ever really throw it deep to Meachem, maybe the occasional play. I believe he'll be used more across the middle, but I still don't like it.

I think Meach will catch around 20 balls and will be used exclusivly as a deep threat. He'll be the 5th WR at best behind Colston, Moore, Stills and Toon.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pookie wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:

I think Meach will catch around 20 balls and will be used exclusivly as a deep threat. He'll be the 5th WR at best behind Colston, Moore, Stills and Toon.

I don't see how he would be 5th considering Andy Tanner has much more utility value and also knows how to catch a pass with his hands instead of his chest.

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Feels like a Aaron Ross situation, where you leave your team in free-agency for a lot of money, end up playing horrible and after collecting a lot of money [Meachem made $14 million in his one year with the Chargers] you go back to your "home" team and maybe start to produce again.

Reminds of me of Jason Taylor going to the Skins for that one season Laughing

2nd round pick for an ineffective one-year rental
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it. Really want to see what Toon and Stills can do. Hopefully this washed up loser doesn't take reps away from those two young guys.

Kempes on the custom sig!
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
I don't get it. Really want to see what Toon and Stills can do. Hopefully this washed up loser doesn't take reps away from those two young guys.

Same here. But after how bad Meach looked last season, he might have to battle those two to get PT.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: