Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

W1 GDT: Atlanta Falcons (0-0) vs. New Orleans Saints (0-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want to be Swoosh's new roommate?
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
No........................
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

falcfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
I actually agree that even though this was a tough loss to stomach, it was almost expected.

Everyone be honest with themselves, did you actually think that we would win both games against the Saints this year? We have a horrible record against Brees/Peyton, especially in New Orleans. Just because we have played them close for a lot of years doesn't mean that we expected the team to win. Hell, I thought it would have been a lot worse with all the factors playing against us(Peyton's first game back, 1st game of season in NO, rookie corners vs Brees, our new o-line). It doesn't mean that I/or anyone else thinks we have a bad team. It's just looking at the past, and the new factors, and playing the odds, which ended up being right.

Now we should be encouraged in the fact that we played pretty well against Brees, and only held him to 23 points, and the fact that some of the passing weapons showed up. This loss doesn't damper the season at all. We have a tough game at home against the Rams next week, but it should be winnable and could start us on a winning streak. Next six games are vs Rams, @ Dolphins, vs Patriots, vs Jets, vs Bucs, and @ Cardinals.

maybe i should have explained it like this
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail biter, like always.

Looking forward to the matchup in Atlanta and quite possibly again in the playoffs. These games rarely fail to excite.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 34 receptions, 278 yards, 1 first downs, 1 TD - 5 rushes, 64 yards, 3 first downs
Corey White - 29 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 fumble recovery
Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcfan4life wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
falcfan4life wrote:
i now realize why i only observed for all these years

I'm not trying to be an a-hole. Haha.

"I'd reply to this... but I'm pretty sure you just threw your hands at your keyboard and hoped for words"

your not?

No, I'm just a very sarcastic person.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
falcfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
falcfan4life wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
falcfan4life wrote:
i now realize why i only observed for all these years

I'm not trying to be an a-hole. Haha.

"I'd reply to this... but I'm pretty sure you just threw your hands at your keyboard and hoped for words"

your not?

No, I'm just a very sarcastic person.

thats not sarcasm
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
I actually agree that even though this was a tough loss to stomach, it was almost expected.

Everyone be honest with themselves, did you actually think that we would win both games against the Saints this year? We have a horrible record against Brees/Peyton, especially in New Orleans. Just because we have played them close for a lot of years doesn't mean that we expected the team to win. Hell, I thought it would have been a lot worse with all the factors playing against us(Peyton's first game back, 1st game of season in NO, rookie corners vs Brees, our new o-line). It doesn't mean that I/or anyone else thinks we have a bad team. It's just looking at the past, and the new factors, and playing the odds, which ended up being right.

Now we should be encouraged in the fact that we played pretty well against Brees, and only held him to 23 points, and the fact that some of the passing weapons showed up. This loss doesn't damper the season at all. We have a tough game at home against the Rams next week, but it should be winnable and could start us on a winning streak. Next six games are vs Rams, @ Dolphins, vs Patriots, vs Jets, vs Bucs, and @ Cardinals.

I honestly thought we would win this game. All that past "12-3" S. Peyton returns crap just doesn't matter to me when the game is played on the field. Anyone can win on any given day. The Falcons made key mistakes that turned the course of the game against them. Ex: (Julio fumble, Steven Jackson dropped pass in the endzone, William Moore dropped INT...and busted coverage where Dent was on Colston) Those plays were game altering plays.

The Falcons were up 10-0 and blew the lead yet again. Yes the O-line was pathetic yesterday. 3 sacks and plenty of pressures and knockdowns on Ryan. But Mike Smith and company have to take half the blame too. Why if you are up 10-0 into the 2nd are you dropping back and throwing the ball down field on 1st down every time? Steven Jackson had like 12 carries??? You have got to feed him because teams are going to blitz to attack this weak O-line and that is what the Saints did. Getting into a shootout is what the Saints want and the Falcons played right into their hands.

I agree, the Defense played better than I imagined but that pass rush is still suspect. When we blitz we look pretty good but we don't blitz a lot so I hope to see that more in the future as well. But you got a guy like Jackson for a reason. USE HIM! This Oline and Ryan need to establish the run early to allow him to make plays downfield with the ball. If they don't then Ryan is going to be on his back or worse.

Also, I wonder how many people feel like paying Tony 3 million was the right thing to do instead of going after a FA TE or Draft TE and dedicating that money to the Oline??

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
debatesmith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found these forums yesterday, could not be more excited to talk Falcons. That being said:

I cannot believe we blew another lead. 10-0 with our offense should be game any day of the week. While I understand why we didn't target roddy, where the hell was our go to play for 2 years in a row now? Julio lines up on left side, and matt just throws it up about 50 yards and lets him go get it...we didn't do it even once. It was the reason we won the carolina game last year, it was one of the plays on the final drive against seattle as well. Not saying it would have won us the game, (jackson needs to catch that damn pass) but that has been our go to play and it wasnt ran once.

Also, I thought our rookie corners played spectacularly. Really, rookie coreners in the nfl against brees, could not have asked for a better performance, especially when Alford just wrestles away a pick. I am very excited about the future of our secondary.

Now what I'm not excited about...our O-Line. (yea i know everyone has brought it up.) It seemed like every play matt was getting pressured by somebody...and yet we could let brees stand in the pocket all day long...Honestly we need to go get Jared Gaither, OT free agent from chargers, just sign him to a one year deal to see how he does.
2010 - 13 and 3
2011 - 10 and 6
2012 - 13 and 3
2013 - 4 and 12
2014* - 1 and 0
SuperTwinz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, it's game 1. The ultimate test would be their next meeting at Atlanta.
JFalconFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People need to realize that the reason we lost his game is not that our OL and DL on paper isn't that great. We gadgets that game. But turnovers as tech alluded to earlier was the reason we lost. Dropped passes abduction blown coverages. We still need to find the sweet spots of our offensive and defensive schemes. When it all clicks and everyone is firing on all cylinders, the players we have our good enough to go a long way. Yeah purpose OL isn't great but they have their strong spots and even team has its weakness and lines, especially offensive, depend a lot on geling, which i think we are pretty good at abduction pretty close to doing so. Our lines have been in tack for a while. Just a few new pieces who actually have been on the team and played reps together before this year. Its all gonna come together guys. This is our year! Have faith!

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!
swoosh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real reason the Falcons lost is because Lupe posted the GDT. 0-4 this year. Bum.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

debatesmith wrote:
Just found these forums yesterday, could not be more excited to talk Falcons. That being said:

I cannot believe we blew another lead. 10-0 with our offense should be game any day of the week. While I understand why we didn't target roddy, where the hell was our go to play for 2 years in a row now? Julio lines up on left side, and matt just throws it up about 50 yards and lets him go get it...we didn't do it even once. It was the reason we won the carolina game last year, it was one of the plays on the final drive against seattle as well. Not saying it would have won us the game, (jackson needs to catch that damn pass) but that has been our go to play and it wasnt ran once.

Also, I thought our rookie corners played spectacularly. Really, rookie coreners in the nfl against brees, could not have asked for a better performance, especially when Alford just wrestles away a pick. I am very excited about the future of our secondary.

Now what I'm not excited about...our O-Line. (yea i know everyone has brought it up.) It seemed like every play matt was getting pressured by somebody...and yet we could let brees stand in the pocket all day long...Honestly we need to go get Jared Gaither, OT free agent from chargers, just sign him to a one year deal to see how he does.

Welcome to the forum! I liked a lot of what you said and really didn't disagree with anything.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I missed the game, as I was in the middle of the woods. So, was this as bad as I thought? It looks to me like the o-line failed and we came up short in the endzone. That can't keep happening. New Orleans' D pales in comparison to St. Louis' next week.

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
So, I missed the game, as I was in the middle of the woods. So, was this as bad as I thought? It looks to me like the o-line failed and we came up short in the endzone. That can't keep happening. New Orleans' D pales in comparison to St. Louis' next week.

Our OL is comparable to a group of freshmen that play in the MAC (college football). We have a below average at best left side, an average at best center, and a putrid bottom 2 in the league right side. I'd literally rather trot out Tennessee's OL over what we have. Add Bama, Stanford, and a few others to that category as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:

Looking forward to the matchup. I would say our D is a whole lot better. Our strength is our d line. This will be a problem with your o line, but our secondary especially the safeties are having a problem. Very inexperienced safeties back there.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:

Looking forward to the matchup. I would say our D is a whole lot better. Our strength is our d line. This will be a problem with your o line, but our secondary especially the safeties are having a problem. Very inexperienced safeties back there.
You'll probably be able to harass Ryan all day, but Jackson still can tear it up and our defense played Brees/Payton very tight for the day (only two touchdowns allowed whithout our #1 corner). The issue is not having Roddy healthy enough to make some necessary clutch plays for us.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27

Jump to: