Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tanard Jackson, Garcon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Tanard Jackson, Garcon Reply with quote

Read today that Tanard has applied for reinstatemnt . ( Went back to post the article and can't find it ) Anyway, he said it took two weeks last time he went thru the process. Earliest it seems he could be on the roster would be the week after the bye -- He's been coaching H S football..
Garcon-- Another article--He says toe is 100%--Great news.!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Tanard Jackson, Garcon Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Read today that Tanard has applied for reinstatemnt . ( Went back to post the article and can't find it ) Anyway, he said it took two weeks last time he went thru the process. Earliest it seems he could be on the roster would be the week after the bye -- He's been coaching H S football..
Garcon-- Another article--He says toe is 100%--Great news.!

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/09/02/redskins-mailbag-tanard-jackson-offensive-line-depth-preseason-games-and-more/

Quote:
Jackson filed for reinstatement on Saturday - the first possible day - but the NFL didn't act immediately, and isn't expected to for a while. The last time Jackson was suspended for a year, the league didn't reinstate him until four weeks after he was eligible to do so. No one really knows the answer to what kind of shape that Jackson is in. Once the league does reinstate him, the Redskins will get a window of opportunity to evaluate him in practices before deciding whether to activate him or not. Redskins fans have a great deal of excitement over the possibility of Jackson playing. But truthfully, I don't know how much you can expect from a guy that hasn't played in over a year, who also has failed multiple drug tests and has been suspended for four games in 2009, suspended for a year in 2010, and then again in 2012. That doesn't sound like someone who has the discipline and reliability to serve as your last line of defense. The Redskins probably will be better off sticking with Bacarri Rambo at free safety and letting him develop because he is the long-term answer at that position.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Haslett:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lLmYLw0WRI
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Jim Haslett:

Laughing only if he's in shape to be a major contributor
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
Jim Haslett:

Well, I hope we pass on him, especially since he has been out of football. I just don't see where the reward is worth the risk.
But Who knows....
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
Jim Haslett:

Well, I hope we pass on him, especially since he has been out of football. I just don't see where the reward is worth the risk.
But Who knows....

Like I said previously, having him available to the Redskins isn't the worst thing in the world. Yes, I fully expect him to mess up again (I'm sorry, if you haven't figured it out after 4 suspensions, you aren't going to). However, it's a free safety (no pun intended) valve for the Redskins. If they need him, they control his rights. If they don't, they cut him at no loss.
New Era Skins

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he gets reinstated, hes a talented player and can help us out. We need all the help we can get in the secondary. Won't hurt the reward is bigger then the risk imo.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Era Skins wrote:
I hope he gets reinstated, hes a talented player and can help us out. We need all the help we can get in the secondary. Won't hurt the reward is bigger then the risk imo.
Very true. I believe Rambo will be a good FS in time but he needs more development. He has a lot to learn, but we knew he's have growing pains.

I still can't fathom why Raheem Morris convinced Haz to have Biggers play SS. Biggers is a horrible tackler and you need a good tackler at SS.

Doughty and Pugh should have been playing SS over Biggers. Yes, coverage might have been a little better with Biggers in there but the main problem was tackling from our secondary.

We don't have a better tackler in the secondary than Reed Doughty
in the last 5 years
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
New Era Skins wrote:
Very true. I believe Rambo will be a good FS in time but he needs more development. He has a lot to learn, but we knew he's have growing pains.

I still can't fathom why Raheem Morris convinced Haz to have Biggers play SS. Biggers is a horrible tackler and you need a good tackler at SS.

Doughty and Pugh should have been playing SS over Biggers. Yes, coverage might have been a little better with Biggers in there but the main problem was tackling from our secondary.

in the last 5 years

Yup. I'm a huge Doughty fan. Would've adopted him but i think someone already picked him up.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
New Era Skins wrote:

in the last 5 years

Yup. I'm a huge Doughty fan. Would've adopted him but i think someone already picked him up.
was it Redskins 24-7??

I kid, I kid. Wink

He's not a big Doughty fan Laughing
Chief_Zee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
New Era Skins wrote:

in the last 5 years

Yupp... I still can't understand the logic behind Biggers at Safety. I feel like Rambo played a lot of Strong Safety, which is odd because he's known as a Free Safety. Then we have Bigger's at Free Safety, which obviously he wasn't prepared for because he's a CB.

All offseason everybody was stressing that we need to upgrade the secondary, mainly Safety, and we come out week 1 with a rookie playing out of position and a not-so-good corner playing out of position at Safety. Ridiculous. Confused

Meanwhile, Biggers is strictly diving at Eagle's players ankles and is not wrapping up. Lesean McCoy is making our defense look like swiss cheese. We have Doughty on the bench who is a tackling machine, but nahh lets roll with Biggers????????

Yeah Doughty is my adopt-a-skin.... and I definitely thought that if Merriwhether couldn't play than he would start and put up good numbers.

^Jamison. on the masterpiece^
killacam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
killacam wrote:
Biggers SUCKS!!!!
That all you got man =Fail

I agree with all of you on your Biggers comments. He should not have been playing other than in Dime packages

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
New Era Skins wrote:

in the last 5 years

was it Redskins 24-7??

I kid, I kid. Wink

Hey, I've learned to tolerate good ol' Reed! I'm still not a "fan" of his, but I don't hate him like I once did. Like Thai said, he's (arguably) the best tackler in our secondary.
Duke Ihenacho: bleh
Ryan Clark: 5 tackles, 1 PDef
Logan Paulsen: 2 catches, 0 yards!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
New Era Skins wrote:

in the last 5 years

was it Redskins 24-7??

I kid, I kid. Wink

Hey, I've learned to tolerate good ol' Reed! I'm still not a "fan" of his, but I don't hate him like I once did. Like Thai said, he's (arguably) the best tackler in our secondary.
I know I was just joshin ya bro. Stay groovy my man! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: