Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals re-sign OT Dennis Roland
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40502
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Bengals re-sign OT Dennis Roland Reply with quote

Quote:
Tackle Dennis Roland will re-sign with Bengals today, per league source.


https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/374910260718223363
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16795
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, should have known. Should have known...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19079
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't think there was a roster spot open?
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16795
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Didn't think there was a roster spot open?


Hawkins going on the IR-recall list...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5674
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Maybe he can cover RBs and TEs????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16795
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add this as well. There are some 'rumors' that Whit instead of Hawkins will go on the IR-recall list. Hope that isn't true at all. Collins has been doing well at LT but we need Whit back...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23470
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. I was happy to see him go
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16795
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Ah. I was happy to see him go


I was re-watching the Bengals/Colts preseason game this weekend. Roland got beat like a drum in pass protection by the Colt's backups.

He's useful for the jumbo package in goal-line situations but he sucks as a regular tackle. Oh well...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.


Last edited by TheVillain112 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19079
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
Didn't think there was a roster spot open?


Hawkins going on the IR-recall list...
Yeah but it hasn't been announced yet. How can they make that move without making the announcement?
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16795
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
Didn't think there was a roster spot open?


Hawkins going on the IR-recall list...
Yeah but it hasn't been announced yet. How can they make that move without making the announcement?


It's PFT saying Roland 'will' be re-signed. Not that he's re-signed already. When the Bengals officially announce it, I'm guessing they will state the player whose been moved to the IR-recall list at the same time...
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23470
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Ah. I was happy to see him go


I was re-watching the Bengals/Colts preseason game this weekend. Roland got beat like a drum in pass protection by the Colt's backups.

He's useful for the jumbo package in goal-line situations but he sucks as a regular tackle. Oh well...


Exactly. He has been horrible. He is not a player who should see the field in a meaningful game
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 19079
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
Didn't think there was a roster spot open?


Hawkins going on the IR-recall list...
Yeah but it hasn't been announced yet. How can they make that move without making the announcement?


It's PFT saying Roland 'will' be re-signed. Not that he's re-signed already. When the Bengals officially announce it, I'm guessing they will state the player whose been moved to the IR-recall list at the same time...

d'oh! misread.

In any case, i don't like this either. Think the team would be better off with a 6th LB of some sort.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beck Bristow


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Posts: 6260
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo. Pretty clear we need to draft offensive line next year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrCincinnati


Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 985
Location: Hamilton, OH
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only reason he was brought back was because of Whitworth's health concerns. Once hes healthy, Roland will be cut once again. They need another OT anyway because Andre Smith is also injured still. I don' think the team can afford to have both Collins and Hawkinson start at both OT spots and not have an extra insurance policy incase something happens to either guy.

Not gonna matter much though. As long as Whitworth starts week 1, its not a big deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5674
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
Only reason he was brought back was because of Whitworth's health concerns. Once hes healthy, Roland will be cut once again. They need another OT anyway because Andre Smith is also injured still. I don' think the team can afford to have both Collins and Hawkinson start at both OT spots and not have an extra insurance policy incase something happens to either guy.

Not gonna matter much though. As long as Whitworth starts week 1, its not a big deal.


Smith has been practicing and could have played against the Colts. I'm not worried.

Whit hasn't practiced since the week of the wild card loss. That I worry about. The rumors I have heard is that he had another cleanup procedure done during the beginning of camp.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group