Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Forget The Titans : Steelers vs. Titans GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Forget The Titans : Steelers vs. Titans GDT Reply with quote

Ladies and Gentlemen.......

The contestants

vs.

Scheduled kick-off : 1:00 PM EST (7PM Germany Time for SteelProven)

Injury Report

Pittsburgh

Heath Miller - Doubtful
Le'Veon Bell - Doubtful

More Coming Soon....

Tenneessee

Coming Soon...

Tennessee's Key To Victory

Stop this guy

Pittsburgh's Key To Victory

Blast this dude's ugly gold fronts out of his caveman mouth

Let us not forget....

Bad things have come to those who do this.....

Let's Go Steelers!
stillersenat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude? You tryin' to jinx the season before it started? Where are the hotties????

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Dude? You tryin' to jinx the season before it started? Where are the hotties????

Homeboy should be banned.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:

Homeboy should be banned.

and from a Veteran... no excuse! simply no excuse!!!

Laughing

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
C$!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really just hope this isnt a repeat of last years game. I wanted to break something watching that game.
And whats the deal, the only reason people come to this thread is for the hotties.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C$! wrote:
I really just hope this isnt a repeat of last years game. I wanted to break something watching that game.
And whats the deal, the only reason people come to this thread is for the hotties.

All I remember was there Troy and James weren't playing. Troy schematically would of help the Steelers generate more of a pass rush/turnovers. I think his health is the key to a successful Steelers defense until another young player maker possibly Jarvis Jones is ready to step up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:

... I was up at 9 a.m. this morning (time I made this thread)... Be happy I was coherent enough to make it Laughing
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C$! wrote:

Oh geesh... Rolling Eyes the hotties are only on the 1st page and there is discussion through out. The OP isn't meant to do a whole lot but start a thread to discuss the game.

Don't hate on the hotties

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't seem like the Titans left the division since it seems like every year they are on the schedule. Confused

With the additions of Levitre and Warmack plus one of the best OT tandems in the game I expect Johnson to have a monster season. He can begin that in Week 2. I predicted him to lead the conference in rushing prior to the season. Locker needs to start showing something for the Titans. Britt is either injured or in the police blotter. The defense lacks that big impact player.

One of the most disappointing loses last season came against the Titans. The defense blew it and Tomlin made a questionable call. Time for revenge on that game this Sunday.

The Steelers defense should be even better than last season. Of course we all know that a healthy Polamalu is very important. I expect Woodley to rebound and be the force that we know he can be. I'm really looking forward to seeing Allen as a starter. McLendon will add a dimension at NT that the Steelers haven't had. I was concern about how he could handle the position but I think he will be just fine. The offense is where the questions lie. Can the OL gell and play up to their potential? What will the running game be like? Can the Steelers score TDs instead of settling for FGs in the red zone? Will Paulson be a capable player in Miller's absence?

I really don't know how the team will be this season. I'm just not sure which team will show up from game to game. They can win the division or once again be third and out of the playoffs. Should be a very interesting year.

Can't wait to get it started!

Steelers: 24
Titans: 10

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
Bobikus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Forget The Titans : Steelers vs. Titans GDT Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:

Let us not forget....

Bad things have come to those who do this.....

Let's Go Steelers!

Just a reminder: Despite being 13-3 that season, after stomping the towel they promptly went one and done in the playoffs while the Steelers won the SB, and haven't made it back to the postseason since.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Titans game can set the tone early on for the season. The Titans no matter how good or bad have given the Steelers problems. This is a big test for a lot of new faces this season. There isn't a bigger test for the new starters

McLendon - Can he be a force in containing CJ. But also push the pocket in passing situations.

Allen - The Steelers CBs last year were victimized by Britt and even though Ike is #1. If he can't stop Britt, Allen may draw that assignment.

Jason/Jarvis - James gone and these two either as a combo or individuals have a tall task going up against this Titans OL especially Roos/Stewart. If either of them can generate a pass rush it'll be a good sign against a quality opponent.

Sanders - He wants to be paid this is where it starts. Stay healthy and catch passes.

Paulson - He isn't going to wow anybody with his pass blocking, but his ability a receiving target could prove big.

OL - I know MP isn't a new starter but all others are playing new positions or coming off of injuries. This unit will dictate the game and possibly the outcome. The Steelers can't have 1.7 yards gained before contact by the RBs. Pass protection is important, but keeping Ben clean after the ball is thrown is just as important.

27-15 Steelers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think the OL is the key in this game. If the OL is able to contain the line of scrimmage in the run game and open up holes for Redman, Jones and Stephens-Howling and protect Ben, the Steelers should win.

I really think that Antonio Brown is going to show off his 2011 form which earned him his contract in 2012 and I expect Sanders to continue to progress as the teams #2, as he did towards the end of last season. I think Cotchery will continue to be the reliable vet that can work the middle of the field for Ben and I wouldn't be shocked to see a big play or two from the Steelers speedy 3rd round steal, Markus Wheaton.

As I eluded to in the other thread, I'm just not too concerned about the Titans offense. It must be because when the Redskins went against them with their 1st unit in the preseason they didn't do much save for Chris Johnson's long run when Rambo made a rookie mistake, taking a bad angle coming up from his safety position and I consider the Steelers D better than the Redskins D.

I've just never been a huge Jake Locker fan and never totally bought into the hype of him his junior or senior year. He's always been an inconsistent passer, his % in college was in the 50's and that hasn't improved in the pros.

How a guy who can't complete more than 60% of his passes in college gets drafted 8th overall is beyond my comprehension. Tbh

The Titans do have some talented playmakers at wr, but the Steelers have the guys to neutralize them.

I see a huge game for the Steelers D! I think they will set the tone for the season and just dominate up front and Troy will do his thing.

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't have a gameday thread without the hotties.

Here we go Steelers! Here we go!!

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll

Last edited by jebrick on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad NFF

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to do it but brick and turtle that pic is against forum rules.... women need to be wearing an article of clothing. Painted on is not allowed. Please remove... after I save. Saved! Smile

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: