Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Detroit wins
63%
 63%  [ 30 ]
Minnesota wins
36%
 36%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 47

YlionsY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Maybe it is just me but after watching this game, especially the first half, the least of my worries is the opposing team's fanbase being off base. Confused

Well said.

I think comments from a few (on both sides) are used to generalize the fanbases as a whole.
LION KING

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHERE DO WE BEGIN!

WE WON 1-0 baby now the rest~!

Lions have a ton of things to get ironed out first off stop the stupid stuff play smart sound football and you will win more games then you lose.

I picked them to win this game they did I said Peterson would get his and he did the difference maker was Bush for Detroit and Stafford which shocked me Calvin's big play was when he stretched out for a td he dropped !A bad call I thought it seems to happen a lot to Calvin please hold onto the ball.

The 2nd one where he dragged a foot on the line was a hell of a try can't fault him on that at all but still its not a td just wish he could of gotten both feet down.

For holding Peterson under 100 I give the Lions a solid A for giving him 3 touchdowns anyway simply way too much I predicted 2 not 3 Lions actual grade against him C+ for holding him under 100 wait he averages less then 100 yards playing Detroit lifetime so not shocked they did it today.

So we contain him and he still gets 3 scores wow really just glad we only play them one more time! Wink

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
WHERE DO WE BEGIN!

Lions have a ton of things to get ironed out first off stop the stupid stuff play smart sound football and you will win more games then you lose.

I picked them to win this game they did I said Peterson would get his and he did the difference maker was Bush for Detroit and Stafford which shocked me Calvin's big play was when he stretched out for a td he dropped !A bad call I thought it seems to happen a lot to Calvin please hold onto the ball.

The 2nd one where he dragged a foot on the line was a hell of a try can't fault him on that at all but still its not a td just wish he could of gotten both feet down.

For holding Peterson under 100 I give the Lions a solid A for giving him 3 touchdowns anyway simply way too much I predicted 2 not 3 Lions actual grade against him C+ for holding him under 100 wait he averages less then 100 yards playing Detroit lifetime so not shocked they did it today.

So we contain him and he still gets 3 scores wow really just glad we only play them one more time! Wink

Peterson was mediocre. His long TD should have been called back due to a blatant block, he had a few short TDs, and struggled immensely otherwise.

Team Stylish
YlionsY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
LION KING wrote:
WHERE DO WE BEGIN!

Peterson was mediocre. His long TD should have been called back due to a blatant block, he had a few short TDs, and struggled immensely otherwise.

17 carries for 15 yds with a short distance TD. Only only play should have been called back as stated.

Not a great debut for Peterson.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
LION KING wrote:
WHERE DO WE BEGIN!

Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game today you guys! I haven't seen it yet, but I heard it on the radio. It sounded like your Lions had a decent number of penalties in the first half, but that's kind of expected in a week one game. That should improve as the season wears on.

The Lions did a great job exploiting the Vikings LB's with Reggie Bush. The announcers were saying that the Vikings were playing a lot with 2 deep safeties due to their concern of being beaten by Calvin. The nice thing now for you is that you finally have someone (Bush) who can capitalize on the underneath stuff when teams try to stop Megatron. That's HUGE! It's a lot like when we had Randy Moss back in his prime. Defenses were so worried about him that it opened up a lot of opportunities for everyone else. It sounds like you will be able to take advantage of those same opportunities now.

I have to watch the game, but from the way it sounds, the Viking ship is being rowed by a number of great players on defense and offense, but it is also being held back by an anchor with a big #7 on it. Ponder. Sigh. If the Vikings FO ever decides that it might be wise to put a priority on getting and developing a GOOD quarterback, maybe they will go somewhere. Until then, they aren't going anywhere, no matter what else they do.

Anyway, good game today, and best of luck the rest of the season. You should have a good chance of getting into the playoffs - either by a wild card, or maybe even by winning the division. See you all again when we play again later. Take it easy until then.

Elisha Cuthbert - Yet another hottie who loves wearing purple and white. Very Happy Go Vikings!

Big props to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig!
GH88B

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats guys, you made us look pretty bad today. Anybody that tries to take this win away from you saying you got lucky or anything along those lines needs to be hospitalized, we were flat out horrible. Same old ponder came to play today, oline was overwhelmed at times, dline didnt come to play only had 1 sack on the day, and good lord was our defense as a whole just awful, no disrespect to you guys your offense is legit but our defense giving up 34 points is very uncharacteristic of us. Although i hate losing i dont mind losing to you guys as opposed to the bears/packers. Good luck the rest of the way
YlionsY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH88B wrote:
congrats guys, you made us look pretty bad today. Anybody that tries to take this win away from you saying you got lucky or anything along those lines needs to be hospitalized, we were flat out horrible. Same old ponder came to play today, oline was overwhelmed at times, dline didnt come to play only had 1 sack on the day, and good lord was our defense as a whole just awful, no disrespect to you guys your offense is legit but our defense giving up 34 points is very uncharacteristic of us. Although i hate losing i dont mind losing to you guys as opposed to the bears/packers. Good luck the rest of the way

Don't mean to rub salt in the wound but the officiating was rough for both sides. If we had lost we would be calling for heads, and since we won we are downplaying some calls.

Can't believe the Vikings didn't capitalize on our mistakes. We may have won but we have big concerns for our team.

Good luck the rest of the way.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
GH88B wrote:

Don't mean to rub salt in the wound but the officiating was rough for both sides. If we had lost we would be calling for heads, and since we won we are downplaying some calls.

Can't believe the Vikings didn't capitalize on our mistakes. We may have won but we have big concerns for our team.

Good luck the rest of the way.

This. Both teams were sloppy and had bad calls. I knew thi game could go either way as the teams were evenly matched. Good luck until our next meeting.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won, Packers lost. Alls good.

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
YlionsY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just voted on the poll. I was right.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:

I will make a more creative poll i guess week 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

I will make a more creative poll i guess week 2
Couldn't get any more creative.
TheMantobeat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
We won, Packers lost. Alls good.
A bears loss would have been perfect but ill take this to.

2013 Adopt-A-Lion: #26 FS Louis Delmas: 16 Ts 2 Ints
wilson2k3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won. End of the day that's all that matters. And we won without needing a late 4th qtr comeback.

As for everything else; Suh needs to learn, his block was uncalled for, and someone on the team should of stepped up and put him in his place IMO. Sure we won this game, but that one personal foul from Suh could of very well cost us the game, not only that later in the season a personal foul from him might very well cost us the game. Johnson, Stafford, any of the coaches, I don't care someone needs to step up and tell Suh enough is enough with the personal fouls. Cause to me, it looks like no one on the team has done anything beside pats on the back after personal fouls, its all I seen on the bench. And not only what happened after that call, the TD taken away, the Stafford INT, but it killed the crowd for a while.

Offense finally looked like it should of looked like last year had Best been active, any issues we have on offense its that we need to quit settling for FG's this offense is unstoppable when they want to be, if its 4th and short, just go for it.

On the bright side for Suh though, the Dline finally looked like it should of looked like last year. It was only the Vikings, but this Vikings club was still a playoff team last year just cant over look that, and they did have the MVP. Defense looked strong as a whole. I still wanna see how this team holds up against a MVP QB.

We'll see next week against Fitz how well our secondary might be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 48 of 49

Jump to: