Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Detroit wins
63%
 63%  [ 30 ]
Minnesota wins
36%
 36%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 47

detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions Reply with quote

Well since they won last game guess I will post week 1.

Sunday Sept 8th, 1 PM Ford Field
TV/Radio: Fox (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Key Injuries Detroit:

DE- Ansah: Undisclosed injury
WR- C. Johnson: Knee

Key Injuries Minny:

RB: Felton- Suspended
CB: Cook- Groin
DT: K. Williams- Knee

Detroit Notes:

Quote:
Twentyman: The Lions starting offensive line vs. Minnesota will be Reiff, Sims, Raiola, Warford and Fox. Waddle has been very impressive so far and is on a very nice trend to helping this team sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Palmer has won the third linebacker job, but expect the Lions to be in the nickel about 50 percent of the time this year.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/Twentyman-Breaking-down-the-53-man-roster/547cc3da-0801-41dc-9535-87db54a95000

Minny Notes:

Quote:
SUSPECT SECONDARY: The Vikings let CB Antoine Winfield, a revered veteran in the locker room, go this summer, preferring to go with a youth movement in the secondary. But Chris Cook appears to be the only reliable, veteran cornerback they have at the moment, and he has struggled with injuries and off-the-field issues early in his career. The second unit was torched by Tennessee's backup quarterbacks and receivers in the preseason finale.

Quote:
DT DEPTH: Kevin Williams went down with a knee injury in the third preseason game, and coach Leslie Frazier is hopeful his six-time Pro Bowler will be ready for the opener. But there is a decent chance Williams won't be, and the Vikings have also had rookie Sharrif Floyd miss three weeks with a knee injury and Christian Ballard leave the team for personal reasons. So depth remains a concern in the middle.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Five-Things-We-Learned-About-The-Vikings-This-Preseason/acd7f5da-9412-4533-b738-c1d83ff069b5

Video via theMantoBeat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKqxFqR0E2k&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DEKqxFqR0E2k

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch

Last edited by detfan782004 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:57 pm; edited 5 times in total
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay since they won last game I started the next one as well. I will update OP with key injuries and notes as week progresses.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we gooooooo!!!
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now Cook is slated one of their starting CB on most depth charts. He has a groin injury and no real updates. That would be significant for Stafford.

No updates on Ansah either though

No updates on DT K. Williams for Minny either

Updated couple interesting notes in OP. One that predicts Det in nickel 50% of season. That is a bit depressing

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey DET fans!

please feel free to come over to the Viking forum and discuss the game there too. we love having guests and learning more about other teams and their strengths/weaknesses. you'll be treated respectfully, as you should be.

Applause

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=529055

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
hey DET fans!

please feel free to come over to the Viking forum and discuss the game there too. we love having guests and learning more about other teams and their strengths/weaknesses. you'll be treated respectfully, as you should be.

Applause

Feel free to post updates here. Looking for updates on Cook and K. Williams mainly.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
GH88B

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
hey DET fans!

Applause

Feel free to post updates here. Looking for updates on Cook and K. Williams mainly.

Cook will play. His groin injury was nothing major, if i remember correctly he participated in practice last week and will be good to go come sunday.

Williams on the other hand more than likely won't play. He didnt practice today, and i think he'll be out for a few weeks. there was a report in the paper where doctors think he'll be out around 6 weeks.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH88B wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
hey DET fans!

Applause

Cook will play. His groin injury was nothing major, if i remember correctly he participated in practice last week and will be good to go come sunday.

Williams on the other hand more than likely won't play. He didnt practice today, and i think he'll be out for a few weeks. there was a report in the paper where doctors think he'll be out around 6 weeks.

And the rookie is still out too?

Who will be starting DT duo?

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH88B wrote:

no, that report was two doctors speculating that Williams would have been out six weeks if the injury had been more severe. it was before his MRI was taken.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
GH88B wrote:

no, that report was two doctors speculating that Williams would have been out six weeks if the injury had been more severe. it was before his MRI was taken.

All I care about is this week. Laughing

Detroit needs all the help they can in the run game if you want to call it that

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Maverick12

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The season is finally here! Dancing

It's going to be great waking up Sunday morning knowing football is back!

No disrespect to the Vikings whatsoever, as I think they have a very solid team, but I view this as our mist winnable game on the schedule, and what better way to start off the season with a divisional win. Remember those? Laughing Anyway, I think there's 3 main things the Lions must focus on this game:

Arrow Contain Adrian Peterson - Easier said than done, right. Laughing AD is probably going to get around 25-30 carries this game I would assume. So he'll probably top 100 yards, if we can somehow manage to keep his average around 4.0-4.5 YPC, than we just took the heart of this team.

Arrow Make Ponder throw deep - Ponder is actually pretty effective, imo, when throwing the short/intermediate routes, especially to Kyle Rudolph. If we can take away most of those routes(obviously can't take away all of them) and hold Rudolph in check, while bad news for my fantasy team, this would be great news for the Lions, as I don't see Ponder winning this game while being forced to throw deep.

Arrow Take advantage of the Bush Factor - Above all other reasons, Bush was brought in here to make explosive plays and take advantage of the 1-on-1 coverage thanks to Megatron. Outside of Chad Greenway, who's a stud, Minnesota's LB unit is somewhat questionable. If we can get Reggie the ball when lined up with a LB, than we'll have no problem moving the ball on offense.

I'm not in to predictions, but since it's the first week I'll have some fun.

Lions 27- Vikes 17

Sig credit: Smack

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to stop Adrian Peterson. If he doesn't play that good, the Vikings won't beat us. I hope they try to force the pass because our defensive line should destroy their offensive line and I have confidence in our secondary while healthy. And it means less Adrian Peterson, which is always a good thing.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
We have to stop Adrian Peterson. If he doesn't play that good, the Vikings won't beat us. I hope they try to force the pass because our defensive line should destroy their offensive line and I have confidence in our secondary while healthy. And it means less Adrian Peterson, which is always a good thing.

Yeah Adrian Peterson was #1 pick in fantasy...but I hope he does awful in this game..I just want Lions to get respect and put up a good season.
GH88B

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:

And the rookie is still out too?

Who will be starting DT duo?

Floyd is healthy and practicing, he'll play. We like to ease our rookies into the nfl so if i had to guess our starting nt guion would slide over to start at ut, and our backup fred evans would be the starting nose.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
The season is finally here! Dancing

It's going to be great waking up Sunday morning knowing football is back!

No disrespect to the Vikings whatsoever, as I think they have a very solid team, but I view this as our mist winnable game on the schedule, and what better way to start off the season with a divisional win. Remember those? Laughing Anyway, I think there's 3 main things the Lions must focus on this game:

Arrow Contain Adrian Peterson - Easier said than done, right. Laughing AD is probably going to get around 25-30 carries this game I would assume. So he'll probably top 100 yards, if we can somehow manage to keep his average around 4.0-4.5 YPC, than we just took the heart of this team.

Arrow Make Ponder throw deep - Ponder is actually pretty effective, imo, when throwing the short/intermediate routes, especially to Kyle Rudolph. If we can take away most of those routes(obviously can't take away all of them) and hold Rudolph in check, while bad news for my fantasy team, this would be great news for the Lions, as I don't see Ponder winning this game while being forced to throw deep.

Arrow Take advantage of the Bush Factor - Above all other reasons, Bush was brought in here to make explosive plays and take advantage of the 1-on-1 coverage thanks to Megatron. Outside of Chad Greenway, who's a stud, Minnesota's LB unit is somewhat questionable. If we can get Reggie the ball when lined up with a LB, than we'll have no problem moving the ball on offense.

I'm not in to predictions, but since it's the first week I'll have some fun.

Lions 27- Vikes 17

If you look at 2012 and Minny the QB rating went up by QTR.

1st Half- 79.9
2nd Half- 82.5
4th Quarter- 86

This means they need to get an early lead. He also is better throwing to his left so we need to force him right.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 1 of 49

Jump to: