Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts Safety John Boyett arrested for disorderly conduct
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39978
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
The #Colts announced that they have released rookie Safety John Boyett following his arrest for disorderly conduct.


Guess he can't use the "You can't arrest me, I'm a Colts player." line anymore Laughing
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8981
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He made a mistake. But stuff happens, I agree it was stupid.
I liked him at Oregon an as a prospect though. I would love him on our ps
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Victor Cruz Pun


Joined: 11 Feb 2012
Posts: 6277
Location: Thanks to GopherWrestler for the sig.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
The #Colts announced that they have released rookie Safety John Boyett following his arrest for disorderly conduct.


Guess he can't use the "You can't arrest me, I'm a Colts player." line anymore Laughing


He can now use the " You can't arrest me, I'm a former Colts player" line.
_________________


thebestever6 wrote:
I mean Shaun Hill not a bad backup, but the fact that they didnt touch Garapollo or Carr in the second blows my mom.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frenchie


Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Posts: 321
Location: Mid City
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda harsh.. Don't really think he deserved to be cut.. How many times was Pacman jones arrested again? Meanwhile, you have two idiots who allegedly fired off a gun at a party, Lets see if they get cut Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonwayne


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 14731
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frenchie wrote:
Kinda harsh.. Don't really think he deserved to be cut.. How many times was Pacman jones arrested again? Meanwhile, you have two idiots who allegedly fired off a gun at a party, Lets see if they get cut Rolling Eyes


I'm glad you aren't the GM of my team with that mindset.
_________________
Sigbet with El Ramster; OKC wins title = I win. IND wins title = he wins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChazStandard


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 3832
Location: The bandwagon, hop on up!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
frenchie wrote:
Kinda harsh.. Don't really think he deserved to be cut.. How many times was Pacman jones arrested again? Meanwhile, you have two idiots who allegedly fired off a gun at a party, Lets see if they get cut Rolling Eyes


I'm glad you aren't the GM of my team with that mindset.


He makes a fair point though. Franchises tend to use minor role-players to enhance their "we won't stand for this" reputation. When, if a good player did the same, or even worse, their roster spot would never be doubt. Its hypocritical.
_________________
Quote:
Well, I'm the President of the Howdy Doody Circus Army!


Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 8 Yards: 72 TDs: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13357
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
frenchie wrote:
Kinda harsh.. Don't really think he deserved to be cut.. How many times was Pacman jones arrested again? Meanwhile, you have two idiots who allegedly fired off a gun at a party, Lets see if they get cut Rolling Eyes


I'm glad you aren't the GM of my team with that mindset.


He makes a fair point though. Franchises tend to use minor role-players to enhance their "we won't stand for this" reputation. When, if a good player did the same, or even worse, their roster spot would never be doubt. Its hypocritical.


It is business. The individual who excels at his job better always gets more leeway regardless of the profession.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChazStandard


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 3832
Location: The bandwagon, hop on up!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
frenchie wrote:
Kinda harsh.. Don't really think he deserved to be cut.. How many times was Pacman jones arrested again? Meanwhile, you have two idiots who allegedly fired off a gun at a party, Lets see if they get cut Rolling Eyes


I'm glad you aren't the GM of my team with that mindset.


He makes a fair point though. Franchises tend to use minor role-players to enhance their "we won't stand for this" reputation. When, if a good player did the same, or even worse, their roster spot would never be doubt. Its hypocritical.


It is business. The individual who excels at his job better always gets more leeway regardless of the profession.


Exactly my point - its a business decision. It's "this player is no longer worth the trouble he's causing" - which is fine. Obviously, as you say, it's a business.

The hypocritical part is when a team's management dresses up the business decision like it's a moral one. I don't know whether the Colts did in this specific case or not, just agreeing that teams do do that, and it's wrong.
_________________
Quote:
Well, I'm the President of the Howdy Doody Circus Army!


Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 8 Yards: 72 TDs: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23789
Location: 414
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P Pat McAfee was arrested for disorderly conduct (drunk swimming in a water fountain) a few years ago and was suspended for a game but not cut. Boyett is recovering for 2 torn patella tendons from Oct of last year and still hasn't been able to practice. Yet in the story I read it stated that he RAN from the cops. Hmm but he can't practice?
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonwayne


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 14731
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
frenchie wrote:
Kinda harsh.. Don't really think he deserved to be cut.. How many times was Pacman jones arrested again? Meanwhile, you have two idiots who allegedly fired off a gun at a party, Lets see if they get cut Rolling Eyes


I'm glad you aren't the GM of my team with that mindset.


He makes a fair point though. Franchises tend to use minor role-players to enhance their "we won't stand for this" reputation. When, if a good player did the same, or even worse, their roster spot would never be doubt. Its hypocritical.


New England is probably the best team about not doing so. If you aren't Brady or BB, you better not be acting like a clown because your job isn't safe
_________________
Sigbet with El Ramster; OKC wins title = I win. IND wins title = he wins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kendrick


Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 313
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
Boyett is recovering for 2 torn patella tendons from Oct of last year and still hasn't been able to practice. Yet in the story I read it stated that he RAN from the cops. Hmm but he can't practice?

Obviously didn't do a very good job at that.

Kinda sad though, I thought he was a steal for the Colts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group