Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1:TB@NYJ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadabuccaneer wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
http://s22.photobucket.com/user/mdbrim2004/media/NFL/Lolreally_zps04b4037f.png.html

Anyone care to chime in? BS call.

And what happens if David doesnt shove him? He steps out, minus the penalty putting them in field goal range. It was a dumb play period

Should he have avoided him? Yeah. But that wasnt a personal foul by any means.
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
canadabuccaneer wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
http://s22.photobucket.com/user/mdbrim2004/media/NFL/Lolreally_zps04b4037f.png.html

And what happens if David doesnt shove him? He steps out, minus the penalty putting them in field goal range. It was a dumb play period

Tough call. I think it was called most likely b/c it was the QB. Any other player and they may let it go, but thats not a guarantee either. It was just a bad decision by good young player. Chances are he's already learned from it

#EmbraceTheSuck
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadabuccaneer wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
canadabuccaneer wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Tough call. I think it was called most likely b/c it was the QB. Any other player and they may let it go, but thats not a guarantee either. It was just a bad decision by good young player. Chances are he's already learned from it

Yeah. David is a bright young player. This will be in his head and hopefully he makes up for it with a great year.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough loss guys, I was pulling for you too. I wanted Revis to beat his old team, I hate Rex Ryan, and I hate Geno Smith.

I thought it was a BS call, too. Geno was a RB at that point, if that was Chris Ivory that got shoved, would they have thrown a flag? I doubt it.

I'd almost call it a fluke loss, replay the last minute 10 times and you guys win 9 of them.

You guys have got enough talent to be dangerous. Keep your heads up.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 34 receptions, 278 yards, 1 first downs, 1 TD - 5 rushes, 64 yards, 3 first downs
Corey White - 29 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 fumble recovery
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Tough loss guys, I was pulling for you too. I wanted Revis to beat his old team, I hate Rex Ryan, and I hate Geno Smith.

I thought it was a BS call, too. Geno was a RB at that point, if that was Chris Ivory that got shoved, would they have thrown a flag? I doubt it.

I'd almost call it a fluke loss, replay the last minute 10 times and you guys win 9 of them.

You guys have got enough talent to be dangerous. Keep your heads up.

Thanks. My thoughts are, if we can't beat the Jets, then just who in hell can we beat? I just feel gutted right now, completely disgusted. I so much envy teams that have a competent quarterback, it sure must be nice for them.
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets didn't beat the Bucs. The Bucs beat the Bucs.... refs definitely helped. That was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen. A lot of Bs calls against the Bucs and a lot of no calls against the Jets.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
The Jets didn't beat the Bucs. The Bucs beat the Bucs.... refs definitely helped. That was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen. A lot of Bs calls against the Bucs and a lot of no calls against the Jets.

BS calls or not we lost.

We had no real business winning that game even if David wasn't flagged. If we had I would have been just as embarrassed about the game. I had a few buddies over watching, between the brutal play on offense and the cherping these clowns were doing I was temped to jump out of a window Evil or Very Mad

Our defense looked solid though the Jet really have zero threats on offense they obvisouly did enough to win.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the defensive of play. Goldson, McCoy, Revis, Clayborn, and David were superb yesterday. Disappointed in Bowers who gave up on the play where Geno took off and led to David penalty.

Offensive line lost the battle but our offensive execution or lack thereof falls under Sheridan. Jets did a much better job with pass protection schematically speaking. Ryan out-coached Sully this game. He knew we have ZERO threats across the middle and basically left the middle of the field open ALL game. We could not exploit this because we don't have a good #3 WR or a TE to speak of. I swear the "TE" position doesn't exist on this roster because Stocker doesn't block for crap run or pass and he can't be a liable target. Its really setting the offense back.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:

Come on got to give the Jets some credit. The mistakes early on were the result of the D-line beating up on the Bucs O-line. The pressure and crowd noise forced some of those mistakes. You were able to overcome them since Geno was still getting his feet wet and we couldn't capitalize. Your defense looks very good.

The last drive penalty or not was well done by Geno. If he didn't get the penalty they were still in position to get a shot at a FG. They could have completed a short 5-6 yard out in 7 sec and given Folk a chance at a mid 50's FG for the win. Yeah the foul made it much easier but Geno get them down there to have a chance. We'll never know what would have happened but don't blame the entire game on one play cause there was more than that to the game.

Overall I think you guys have one of the top D's in the league (along with the Jets) so you'll be in every game. Wish we had a WR like VJ, would make Geno's job much easier. Looks like the only thing holding you guys back is another weapon or two (WR/TE) and good QB play. As I know finding that QB is always the hardest thing.

Good luck moving forward. With family in the Tampa area I pull for you guys when you're not playing the Jets. Revis is a stud appreciate him while you got him cause he's one of those special once in a decade type players.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB4TampaBay wrote:

Thanks. My thoughts are, if we can't beat the Jets, then just who in hell can we beat? I just feel gutted right now, completely disgusted. I so much envy teams that have a competent quarterback, it sure must be nice for them.

That is because people listen too much to ESPN and others. The Jets are better than people think. Our defense should keep us in games.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Alot of us seem to forget, the team that showed up today, was the team from weeks 12-16 last year. Where Freeman was schemed and figured out after the 6 game run against pitful defenses. Week 17 to me didn't mean much because , well it didnt look like the same Falcons you seen that were in the NFC title game. They looked vanilla.

The defense looked vastly improved, but was it because we were up against Geno Smith? The defense got our offense in position for those TDs. The offense did not do anything all day.

This could be a long season if we continue this.

It may be... Our OL blocked like crap yesterday. I was at the game and noticed there was at least 2 times where there was a WR WIDE OPEN downfield for a easy TD. One was Stephen Hill blew past his man and was open for a TD early in the game. Geno missed him and threw elsewhere. There was another time where Clyde Gates was literally uncovered and would have been a easy TD, Geno missed him too. I chalked it up to hes a rookie in his first start, his field vision isn't there yet.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
RB4TampaBay wrote:

That is because people listen too much to ESPN and others. The Jets are better than people think. Our defense should keep us in games.

I hate to be that guy, but I think a better statement is "our refs are better than people think" we know it and every Jet fan knows that the only reason you guys won is because all those stupid calls. Because the 2 hand touch league does not like us tackling your guys. Even the commentators said that theres no other way to play football. As much as you guys want to think that Geno Smith is your hero, he did not do jack all day and it was the Bucs shooting themselves in the foot, by keeping 3rd down drives alive and committing over 100 yards in penalties. I highly doubt that every team you play will commit that many penalties to keep you guys in it so I must say, I am sorry but I do not agree with you, the Jets ARE that bad. Only thing I will give you credit for is your trenches are better than most in the league.

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't necessarily agree with all that cali. While there were certainly some iffy calls, Geno made the plays necessary towards the end of the game that put us into some tough spots. The refs were not the reason we lost that game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I don't necessarily agree with all that cali. While there were certainly some iffy calls, Geno made the plays necessary towards the end of the game that put us into some tough spots. The refs were not the reason we lost that game.

The only thing I ask of refs is to call the game straight. If Goldson's hits are going to be called unsportsmanlike, then picking up Page and suplexing him should be called as well.

I mean that play blew my top off. There is no reason for that to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

The only thing I ask of refs is to call the game straight. If Goldson's hits are going to be called unsportsmanlike, then picking up Page and suplexing him should be called as well.

I mean that play blew my top off. There is no reason for that to happen.

I agree completely with that. Made the same comment and we probably had the same reaction when it happened. That play can not be disputed. Refs blew it.

The reason why I think it didnt get called is cuz the refs are just looking for big hits and are gonna call them every time. Good thing Goldson got $41 million this offseason cuz he is gonna have a lot of stupid fines to pay. Plays like Goldson's but that are completely reckless need to be called. But, Goldson's play was clean and it created an incompletion, the first one at least. Of course the helmet is going to be hit a little, its football and the WR is gonna protect himself and as he does his head is gonna dip causing a helmet to helmet. If Goldson hit him with the crown of his helmet thats one thing, but he didnt.

Smack ^
#FireLovie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28

Jump to: