Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1:TB@NYJ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
Don't think I can post on here or watch football till our game next week. It was completely embarrassing how sloppy we came out this game. That's on Free, Schiano, Sully, and the online. It was dreadful. We got to a point where we should have take ran away with but as usual we stalled. Though Free looked good throwing the ball in the first half, that interception was awful and a momentum killer. Offensively schematically, play calling, communication, rhythm I sadly saw no improvement today. We have no passing options besides Vjax and Williams (who are both great), and though Underwood might be better I'm not sure he'd help much - not a #3 guy. Our depth really scares me. On a good note Revis, Goldson, Clayborn, McCoy impressed me. Hoping we step it up or not only Freeman but Dom/Schiano will have questions to answer.

Game we should have won, even with our disgusting performance. Love Lavonte, but he made a really dumb play.

I don't know if it was just me or it was just what it was, but I looked like on the pick Freeman was looking for Jackson to run a deep post instead of the drag route that he ran. My buddy (who is a Jet fan) also agreed with the assessment, but as I previously mentioned the offense which is suppose to be so explosive gave me nightmares of the Greg Olson 2010-2011 Offense.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Mason Foster is WORTHLESS in coverage
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SappDaddyDance wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
Don't think I can post on here or watch football till our game next week. It was completely embarrassing how sloppy we came out this game. That's on Free, Schiano, Sully, and the online. It was dreadful. We got to a point where we should have take ran away with but as usual we stalled. Though Free looked good throwing the ball in the first half, that interception was awful and a momentum killer. Offensively schematically, play calling, communication, rhythm I sadly saw no improvement today. We have no passing options besides Vjax and Williams (who are both great), and though Underwood might be better I'm not sure he'd help much - not a #3 guy. Our depth really scares me. On a good note Revis, Goldson, Clayborn, McCoy impressed me. Hoping we step it up or not only Freeman but Dom/Schiano will have questions to answer.

Game we should have won, even with our disgusting performance. Love Lavonte, but he made a really dumb play.

I don't know if it was just me or it was just what it was, but I looked like on the pick Freeman was looking for Jackson to run a deep post instead of the drag route that he ran. My buddy (who is a Jet fan) also agreed with the assessment, but as I previously mentioned the offense which is suppose to be so explosive gave me nightmares of the Greg Olson 2010-2011 Offense.

Yeah it was a weird play, it looked like he expected someone to be there... still a shame of how much miscommunication we had. We actually looked pretty slick after we go over the miscommunication but then the interception happened. Our offense had no flow and no one played well besides Jackson, we'll be better but how much better we'll see. Good teams win games when they play bad, escaping today with a win really would have help.

Need to win next week at home, if we beat the Saints were tied in the division and there is a lot less pressure.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Also, Mason Foster is WORTHLESS in coverage

He was a beast today. While I do agree, he's better in zone than man. To me, this defensive scheme does not match our strenghs.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of us seem to forget, the team that showed up today, was the team from weeks 12-16 last year. Where Freeman was schemed and figured out after the 6 game run against pitful defenses. Week 17 to me didn't mean much because , well it didnt look like the same Falcons you seen that were in the NFC title game. They looked vanilla.

The defense looked vastly improved, but was it because we were up against Geno Smith? The defense got our offense in position for those TDs. The offense did not do anything all day.

This could be a long season if we continue this.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost everybody is to blame the for the game. Freeman, the o-line, Martin, the defense, coaching, all made some pretty bad, critical decisions. But I still liked some of what I saw. The Jets have a very good defense and they definitely showed up today. No, Freeman didn't have his best game but he wasn't god awful either. It doesn't help when he only has 2 reliable targets, a non-existent running game and an offensive line that looked completely lost today. Sure he had that terrible pick (when he was under intense pressure), but he also made some good throws and he showed up on the last drive when his team needed him to.

Lavonte had an awful penalty, but otherwise had a great game. I really liked what I saw out of the linebacking core today. The secondary other than Revis and Goldson sucked today. Even though some of Goldson's penalties were really costly (but also questionable) he played the enforcer role and teams are going to think twice about going over the middle this season. The d-line got some good pressure today and McCoy and Clayborn balled out.

It's a shame that we lost such a close game, especially to a team we could've and should've beaten, but I take nothing away from the Jets. With all of the flack the Jets, Geno, and Rex have gotten this season, they came out, played hard and got the win.

In my eyes, the sky isn't falling. Today wasn't what I wanted, but there's still 15 more games to go. Next week I think will actually be an easier challenge. Dougie will definitely be able to break off some nice runs against the Saints and I think Freeman should have a good enough game next week to lock up the win if the defense plays well. We just can't shoot ourselves in the foot with bad decision-making and penalties.

But on a pessimistic note, fire Sheridan. The guy does not know how to call a defense, especially in crunch time.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
Almost everybody is to blame the for the game. Freeman, the o-line, Martin, the defense, coaching, all made some pretty bad, critical decisions. But I still liked some of what I saw. The Jets have a very good defense and they definitely showed up today. No, Freeman didn't have his best game but he wasn't god awful either. It doesn't help when he only has 2 reliable targets, a non-existent running game and an offensive line that looked completely lost today. Sure he had that terrible pick (when he was under intense pressure), but he also made some good throws and he showed up on the last drive when his team needed him to.

Lavonte had an awful penalty, but otherwise had a great game. I really liked what I saw out of the linebacking core today. The secondary other than Revis and Goldson sucked today. Even though some of Goldson's penalties were really costly (but also questionable) he played the enforcer role and teams are going to think twice about going over the middle this season. The d-line got some good pressure today and McCoy and Clayborn balled out.

It's a shame that we lost such a close game, especially to a team we could've and should've beaten, but I take nothing away from the Jets. With all of the flack the Jets, Geno, and Rex have gotten this season, they came out, played hard and got the win.

In my eyes, the sky isn't falling. Today wasn't what I wanted, but there's still 15 more games to go. Next week I think will actually be an easier challenge. Dougie will definitely be able to break off some nice runs against the Saints and I think Freeman should have a good enough game next week to lock up the win if the defense plays well. We just can't shoot ourselves in the foot with bad decision-making and penalties.

But on a pessimistic note, fire Sheridan. The guy does not know how to call a defense, especially in crunch time.

As much as you want to hate on Sheridan, we had 4 sacks, 2 TOs 2 FF, 1 REc.

As bad as the stunts are, Schiano implimented them. Our offense put our defense in tough positions to the point, early on, there were some bad eye contact towards Freeman by the defense in terms of "WTF is going on" .

Defense put the offense in position with starting from the NY 40yd lin on the mike williams td. And the FF TO at the Jets 5 leading Dougie to run it in.

What did the offense do? The defense played excellent.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The return of the Tampa 2: play zone , rush your front 4, bait TOs. Monte Kiffin is back !
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
The return of the Tampa 2: play zone , rush your front 4, bait TOs. Monte Kiffin is back !

Hahah do you see how great these wide out option routes are. Both these teams (Giants and Cowboys) have turnover due to miscommunications. very similar to us as a team

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SappDaddyDance wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Hahah do you see how great these wide out option routes are. Both these teams (Giants and Cowboys) have turnover due to miscommunications. very similar to us as a team

All I know is: Dallas looks good on defense. Also, we cut George Selvie bc he wasn't very good. He's starting tonight and looks pretty good.

Is our coaching and development just that bad? I wonder some times. Like, what did we see in ogeltree other than week 1 last year? Underwood was 10x better than that flop.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

As bad as the stunts are, Schiano implimented them. Our offense put our defense in tough positions to the point, early on, there were some bad eye contact towards Freeman by the defense in terms of "WTF is going on" .

Defense put the offense in position with starting from the NY 40yd lin on the mike williams td. And the FF TO at the Jets 5 leading Dougie to run it in.

The talent of this defense showed up today. I think Sheridan had some questionable play-calling in my mind, especially at the end. But I suppose I can't really blame him, because who saw that penalty coming? Still, a rookie throwing for 256yds. on this team in his first game was not what I had in mind. I am excited for this defense and they played well today and kept the offense in the game, I just think they could improve with better play-calling.

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://s22.photobucket.com/user/mdbrim2004/media/NFL/Lolreally_zps04b4037f.png.html

Anyone care to chime in? BS call.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

The talent of this defense showed up today. I think Sheridan had some questionable play-calling in my mind, especially at the end. But I suppose I can't really blame him, because who saw that penalty coming? Still, a rookie throwing for 256yds. on this team in his first game was not what I had in mind. I am excited for this defense and they played well today and kept the offense in the game, I just think they could improve with better play-calling.

Lets not forget, the offense couldn't sustain drives putting our defense in consistent situations of either bad field position or lack of rest on the sideline. If your defense is on the field too much, your're to tire out especially in hot weather.

Sheridan stunts were bad. And I'm not saying hes a good coordinator by all means, but it is Schiano's scheme so blame needs to be put on him as well.
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
http://s22.photobucket.com/user/mdbrim2004/media/NFL/Lolreally_zps04b4037f.png.html

Anyone care to chime in? BS call.

And what happens if David doesnt shove him? He steps out, minus the penalty putting them in field goal range. It was a dumb play period

#EmbraceTheSuck
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

Lets not forget, the offense couldn't sustain drives putting our defense in consistent situations of either bad field position or lack of rest on the sideline. If your defense is on the field too much, your're to tire out especially in hot weather.

Sheridan stunts were bad. And I'm not saying hes a good coordinator by all means, but it is Schiano's scheme so blame needs to be put on him as well.

Blame needs to be put on a lot of people. However, Schiano has displayed good coaching qualities in the past. Sheridan has not. It drove me crazy today when Sheridan was only rushing 4 today for the 1st quarter and not trying to get in Geno's head early on. I can understand him wanting to go to the prevent, but I believe that with his players playing well all game, you need to keep playing defense. This defense plays their best when they're aggressive and he chooses to go vanilla in big moments. That's my observation, but we can agree to disagree.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

Jump to: