Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1:TB@NYJ
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Week 1:TB@NYJ Reply with quote

Well fellas, after a long offseason, the season is FINALLY HERE! This is the year we determine if Freeman is our QB or if we go on the hunt to find a new one. This year is big, Freeman is in his last year of his contract and his last chance to prove if he is worth extending or not. I am sure that if he gives us the same performance this season as he did the last, there will be no supporters left and he will walk to Free Agency.

But lets hope that does not happen. Lets hope he lives up to his full potential and makes us a playoff caliber team.

This week we got the Jets. As you guys know they got Geno Smith starting so I dont see any reason why we wont beat the Jets by at least 10. Our secondary has been nicknamed the "no fly zone", so going against a rookie QB should be a piece of cake. Only way I can see Geno doing damage to us is using his mobility. My prediction:
Tampa-21
NYJ-10

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets are pretty awful, and Geno didn't look ready to start in the NFL yet during the preseason. We should be able to run the ball, but with Freeman and our pass rush you never know. I see this game being really close, unfortunately.

Bucs: 17
Jets: 13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So excited for football season to be back again! We should best the Jets who shouldn't be a good team this season. Need to start this year on a good note. We have a lot of potential, but also millions of questions. I mean there is the obvious can Freeman have a complete season or can we have a pass rush? But there is also the questions of our depth, can Schiano finish the year strong, are Revis/Joseph/Nicks/Clayborn gonna be healthy?

Looking forward to see what kinda team we are, need to beat the Jets.
5nick5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to expect. I actually like Geno as a starter going forward for the Jets, but I hope he has his struggles in his first NFL start. The Jets are more banged up than us, so we should take this one easily, but with Freeman you never know. Either way, I'm just excited to see football back and whether this season is one of the best of all time for us or a complete atrocity, it'll at least put into perspective the future of the franchise. Hopefully I won't have to work during the game this Sunday.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honest opinion, I don't know how this can go. The Jets, as much as a circus as the media brings them out to be, is pretty stout up front on defense and have a solid secondary. The Jets will look to establish the ground game and Geno Smith, although a rookie, could get outside the pocket and use his feet to create space, so look for the Jets to roll Geno outside the pocket.

Defensively, we need to put pressure on Geno Smith. He doesn't seem comfortable in the pocket this preseason, so if we can rattle him early, he's a tad late with his throws. Could pressure him into a 2-3 Pick day. But we NEED to get after him and shake his confidence. DLINE needs to continue from last year and be stout against the run.

Offensively, no mistakes by Josh Freeman is the number 1 priority. Sustaining drives and not giving the home team any momentum will be key. Doug Martin will try to get going early, but the Jets front 7 isn't one of a joke. Freeman needs to connect with WRs on the intermediate routes because the Jets, like every team last year in the final 6 games, will shift the defense to more zone coverage to eliminate the deep ball. Expect less man coverage.

Overall, the Bucs SHOULD pull this one out. If Freeman has a breakout game, it could be a blowout, but then again. IF is the key word.

My prediction: 20-10
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets defense is pretty good. The Cro vs. Jackson match-up is going to be huge.

I think that our offenseive gamplan is going to be very similar to last year's season opener against the Panthers. Pound the rock early and often with the occasional play-action deep shot. We kept 4 RBs for a reason, let's use them.

It's tough to have any firm expectations after what we saw (or didn't see) during the preseason, but if we win the turnover battle we should win this one.

23-13 Bucs.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
mfw096

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24-0

Bucs
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly expect Goldson or Barron to be in the box all day long. A lot of press man, I think Sheridan is going to dare Geno to throw outside of the hashes. I expect GMC to be dominant.

Offensively, I would expect at least 30 rushing attempts. Cro is a very good CB and it will be an interesting match-up with VJack. Just have to stay patient on offense and punt, no need to give the Jets a short field with a turnover.
drew39k

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised by a good portion a the posts actually acknowledging the jets defense. Bucs will be favored in this matchup and muscle hampster should continue to excell but its going to be very tough moving the ball against our D.
Offensively I wouldn't expect a ton of turnovers out of the jets offense. Smiths preseason game was a nightmare but it was also his first preseason game going against #1s and the giant pass rush is pretty darn good. Expect a lot of rushing attempts and a bunch of shorter safe throws with screens mixed in to keep the pass rush in check. 17-13 bucs is probably a good guess.
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
Bucs00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be ugly game. Geno Smith starting his first game against last years top run defense. Bucs will force Jets throw the ball.

On the other side, Bucs offense will start slowly. Doug Martin will do most of the work.

17-6 for the Bucs
TB Doug22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think field goals dominate this match. Both teams will have strong red zone def keeping this match tight until the final quarter.

TB 19-9 NYJ
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The line for the game here in Vegas is right around 2.5-3, most being 3. I hate betting for or against the Bucs but I think we win by atleast a TD....ugh. I've got some ideas for the opening week to cash in, but we'll see

As for the game I truly expect us to dominate defensively. Offensively I have no clue, their D is better then credit is given, but they will be missing one of their top pass rushers in Couples. Freeman has always struggled against 3-4 teams, while Rex runs multiple sets it will be a good idea of if he's ready to take the next step or if he is keeping the spot warm for the next QB. We NEED to feed Dougy the ball, ALOT.

I'm gonna go Bucs win 24-6, with one defensive TD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
The line for the game here in Vegas is right around 2.5-3, most being 3. I hate betting for or against the Bucs but I think we win by atleast a TD....ugh. I've got some ideas for the opening week to cash in, but we'll see

As for the game I truly expect us to dominate defensively. Offensively I have no clue, their D is better then credit is given, but they will be missing one of their top pass rushers in Couples. Freeman has always struggled against 3-4 teams, while Rex runs multiple sets it will be a good idea of if he's ready to take the next step or if he is keeping the spot warm for the next QB. We NEED to feed Dougy the ball, ALOT.

I'm gonna go Bucs win 24-6, with one defensive TD

I think that it was interesting that we played three teams that are generally 3-4 based (Ravens, Patriots, and Dolphins???) so it gave him an early look, should he have played more... yes, but I have a feeling that the offense will look 10 times more different this week then the three weeks of preseason football we were forced to watch. I hope that our D can actually get pressure as the Jets do not have a strong offensive line, so this should be a great motivation starter for our D Line.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So pumped it is go time!

Everyone hit the nail on the head. Stop the run and force Geno to throw the ball. Pound Doug into the ground and start the season off 1-0.

Can't think of a better team to start the season off against. Good test for our offense and the defense should be able to try a few things against the Jets offense and not really worry about getting stung by it. Revis also doesn't have to worry about any of their reveivers going ham, great game to get his feet wet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'll be an ugly game as well. Kinda how it was last year against the Panthers. I don't see either team scoring a ton just because the match-ups aren't that spread apart. Jets have a good defense and they always get after it in regards to QB's. They'll make Freeman beat them, and I'm 100% sure of it. Cromartie will be on Jackson the whole game and it'll be up to Mike Williams and other options to open lanes for Martin to get a balanced attack.

Its on Freeman to get us this Win. Freeman should outplay the Jets QB's so I have us winning something around the score of

20-10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

Jump to: