Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers sign WR Chris Harper; plucked off of Seahawks PS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
They turned Baldwin into a baller maybe they will do the same to Harper.
Say what now? Where did you pull that out of...

Jon Baldwin, the trade they traded AJ Jenkins off for.. It was supposed to be an "equal trade". However, Baldwin is actually really good. Maybe it's just Kaepernick, but he is much better than AJ Jenkins. Maybe Chris Harper will benefit from the system as well.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
I would love if we did...
But we def have not done that yet?

Well I don't know. I was told my various 49er fans that he was doing extremely well, and even I saw in your PS game that he was catching some crazy balls. Whereas Chiefs fans said he was relatively invisible. I think certain WR's thrive in that system with Kaepernick. Saw it from Crabtree as well whenever Alex Smith got sidelined. Chris Harper might have the same kind of impact for you guys.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:

Jon Baldwin, the trade they traded AJ Jenkins off for.. It was supposed to be an "equal trade". However, Baldwin is actually really good. Maybe it's just Kaepernick, but he is much better than AJ Jenkins. Maybe Chris Harper will benefit from the system as well.
Man... you are giving Baldwin a ton of praise for being a #4 WR.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baldwin is a baller now?
What? Laughing

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@mattbarrows 2m
The #49ers are looking at Chris Harper not as a WR but as a TE, H-back in the Delanie Walker mold. He's 6-1, 235 pounds.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Tooki wrote:
jwalter_81 wrote:
I have a feeling he we be asked to move to TE for the 49ers.

Presumably he would have to be an H-Back but if so, it will not be a meaningful movie IMO. Harper seems to be more of an Anquan Boldin-like receiver.

I wonder who the Seahawks replace Harper with on the PS.

Can't believe I am about to be civil with a Seahawks fan but.....

Yea he seems like he could be Boldin-esque. I mean he also has good size to be TE where they could move him and part ways with Celek if they so wanted. Since drafting AJ Jenkins though the 49ers have acquired only one WR on the current roster that isn't big bodied and that was the guy taken 5 picks after Harper in Patton. The second smallest WR they acquired was Boldin who is 220.

I think it's another example of the 49ers and Seahawks making moves to counter the moves of the other team. Seahawks secondary is big bodied so the 49ers went big bodied at WR. Seahawks got Harvin so the 49ers added to the secondary and replaced Goldson(a hitter with iffy tackling technique) with basically Goldson with slightly more speed and who knows how to wrap up in Eric Reid.

I only said that because Q won't be on the 49ers team for more than a couple of years and theoretically, Harper could replace him once he's gone.

I also think that the pre-season performance of Stephen Williams made Harper more expendable. Luke Willson qualifies as the 'big WR' so to speak as well.
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Tooki wrote:
jwalter_81 wrote:
I have a feeling he we be asked to move to TE for the 49ers.

Presumably he would have to be an H-Back but if so, it will not be a meaningful movie IMO. Harper seems to be more of an Anquan Boldin-like receiver.

I wonder who the Seahawks replace Harper with on the PS.

Can't believe I am about to be civil with a Seahawks fan but.....

Yea he seems like he could be Boldin-esque. I mean he also has good size to be TE where they could move him and part ways with Celek if they so wanted. Since drafting AJ Jenkins though the 49ers have acquired only one WR on the current roster that isn't big bodied and that was the guy taken 5 picks after Harper in Patton. The second smallest WR they acquired was Boldin who is 220.

I think it's another example of the 49ers and Seahawks making moves to counter the moves of the other team. Seahawks secondary is big bodied so the 49ers went big bodied at WR. Seahawks got Harvin so the 49ers added to the secondary and replaced Goldson(a hitter with iffy tackling technique) with basically Goldson with slightly more speed and who knows how to wrap up in Eric Reid.

I only said that because Q won't be on the 49ers team for more than a couple of years and theoretically, Harper could replace him once he's gone.

I also think that the pre-season performance of Stephen Williams made Harper more expendable. Luke Willson qualifies as the 'big WR' so to speak as well.

Oh I know I was pointing out that the 9ers were going bigger at the position before getting Harper. But now it seems like Harper will be a TE behind Davis and McDonald. I guess used in a similar rule that Delanie Walker was used.

FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:

Like I said...this was the vibe I was getting from the 49ers fanbase not just from me. Go to their thread and read around about him, nothing but good words. The point of my comment wasn't to praise Baldwin anyways, but rather to say maybe Chris Harper might do well in a different system.
BamaRam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of the Niles Paul situation with the Skins.
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:

Like I said...this was the vibe I was getting from the 49ers fanbase not just from me. Go to their thread and read around about him, nothing but good words. The point of my comment wasn't to praise Baldwin anyways, but rather to say maybe Chris Harper might do well in a different system.

Baldwin had a few really good catches which after the feedback from KC we got post-trade made him look a lot better. Jury is still out though.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:

#4? You are being generous right now, as he is the #5 WR at this point Laughing .

After Manningham and Crabtree return, he probably becomes the #6 WR. But he should have a chance to contribute in the red zone and if he does it well, he could see the field much more than he will at the beginning of the season. Heck, not even sure if he will be active to start the season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But yeah, looks like Harbaugh wants to turn Harper into a Delanie Walker type of player. I doubt he contributes much, if AT all this season, but seems like Harbaugh's next pet project.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=528312&start=525

Sure, but this is thread worthy and nothing wrong with jwalter_81 creating this thread.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your move Seahawks

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Pithy Radish

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
I would love if we did...
But we def have not done that yet?

Well I don't know. I was told my various 49er fans that he was doing extremely well, and even I saw in your PS game that he was catching some crazy balls. Whereas Chiefs fans said he was relatively invisible. I think certain WR's thrive in that system with Kaepernick. Saw it from Crabtree as well whenever Alex Smith got sidelined. Chris Harper might have the same kind of impact for you guys.

So let me get this straight.... Baldwin is having mild success against teams scrubs, against teams who aren't even game planning and all of the sudden he is a "baller"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: