Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers sign Seneca Wallace
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
I can't imagine him being very good, so with that said, I approve of this move by Green Bay. Mr. Green

Seriously, if he was any good, why would NO and SF have cut him already?

Maybe because he doesn't fit the system? There could be a multitude of reasons. Why does any team pick up any player that is cut is what your logic is saying. Laughing

I was trying to be more direct to Wallace. It didn't appear that way. My bad.

No, what I was saying was as a 3rd string (now 2nd string QB), you'd think Wallace would be able to pick up a system given he was probably asked to play as an "option QB" in practice for both squads, which is a college type offense. If thats the case, it really shouldn't be that hard to pick up.

There are a multitude of reasons. My guess though is he's just not that good and Green Bay desperately needed someone else (allthough personally I don't believe they should have cut Vince Young).

oh, and just to add, it appears Green Bay really isn't that great for developing QBs if Brohm, Harrell, Daniels and Young haven't worked out recently. They only two to have success have been Matt Flynn and Aaron Rodgers.

Question
Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Question
I'm guessing he confused former Packer BJ Coleman with current 49er BJ Daniels.
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
I can't imagine him being very good, so with that said, I approve of this move by Green Bay. Mr. Green

Maybe because he doesn't fit the system? There could be a multitude of reasons. Why does any team pick up any player that is cut is what your logic is saying. Laughing

No, what I was saying was as a 3rd string (now 2nd string QB), you'd think Wallace would be able to pick up a system given he was probably asked to play as an "option QB" in practice for both squads, which is a college type offense. If thats the case, it really shouldn't be that hard to pick up.

There are a multitude of reasons. My guess though is he's just not that good and Green Bay desperately needed someone else (allthough personally I don't believe they should have cut Vince Young).

oh, and just to add, it appears Green Bay really isn't that great for developing QBs if Brohm, Harrell, Daniels and Young haven't worked out recently. They only two to have success have been Matt Flynn and Aaron Rodgers.
Only you would find a way to bash the Packers and continue to disrespect the best QB in the league by spelling his name like a girl in a thread about our back up QB.

Grow up. Really. That hating crap and purposely spelling Aaron's name wrong is no different then calling the Vikings the Vi-Queens. It's childish and unnecessary. If you can't put your big boy pants on and discuss stuff like an adult about a rival, then don't click the thread.

I'm confused on how he spelt it wrong.

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Only you would find a way to bash the Packers and continue to disrespect the best QB in the league by spelling his name like a girl in a thread about our back up QB.

Grow up. Really. That hating crap and purposely spelling Aaron's name wrong is no different then calling the Vikings the Vi-Queens. It's childish and unnecessary. If you can't put your big boy pants on and discuss stuff like an adult about a rival, then don't click the thread.

I thought back to another thread and spelled Rodgers name wrong. I changed it a minute later. Excuse me.

I'm just being real though. Not (completely) hating the Packers. I just find some of the moves that team has made over the years very questioning, and I don't feel very confident that they'll have quite the same success as past seasons moving forward. This move is one of them (for more, look in the NFL General thread involving Thompson and Vince Young).

If you want to disagree thats cool. We'll just let the season play out and see what happens.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Question

BJ Coleman, BJ Daniels. Sorry, both are very close due to the first name initials.

BJ Coleman, former Packer QB, not BJ Daniels, backup 49er QB.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
packers88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

I thought back to another thread and spelled Rodgers name wrong. I changed it a minute later. Excuse me.

I'm just being real though. Not (completely) hating the Packers. I just find some of the moves that team has made over the years very questioning, and I don't feel very confident that they'll have quite the same success as past seasons moving forward. This move is one of them (for more, look in the NFL General thread involving Thompson and Vince Young).

If you want to disagree thats cool. We'll just let the season play out and see what happens.

I don't know what other moves you may question, but if you think GB's backup QB will have an effect on the team moving forward, then I don't know what to say. It really doesn't matter who is backing up Rodgers, if he goes down, we're screwed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Packer fan I love this signing. Vince Young was mobile, but not the best passer. Coleman had more experience, but he was still pretty bad. Seneca Wallace, like Young, has won games as a starter for some bad teams. He's mobile. He's an experienced veteran, and he doesn't provide the unpredictability that came with Young. Hopefully he remains the Packer backup for a long time because I've always liked Wallace.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

The 49ers didn't cut him. He walked away from the 49ers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/seneca-wallace-happy-packers-miscommunication-49ers-185327857--nfl.html

Quote:
"I've been around this game long enough where I can see what's going on," Wallace recently told the Des Moines Register, "and I realized right away the reason they brought me here was to get Colt to take a pay cut."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I could care less who our backup QB is. We pretty much sink or swim with Rodgers.
neezy007

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a completely random thought but wouldn't it be pretty cool if just for a few games the NCAA would allow a guy like Wallace to go play for his old school. Just to see how he would tear it up.
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
It's a completely random thought but wouldn't it be pretty cool if just for a few games the NCAA would allow a guy like Wallace to go play for his old school. Just to see how he would tear it up.

That's what video games are for. Wink

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 10 receptions, 94 yards, 1 TD - 3 rushes, 49 yards
Corey White - 13 tackles, 1 fumble recovery
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we'll never have to find out if he's still got game.

Unless we're already up by 40.

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”
rjkgr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good! niners never wanted him they just thought colt mcCoy was going to be trash
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was a pretty good move by the Packers when you consider what other options were out there. I'd take Seneca Wallace over Vince Young any day because, even if he isn't as athletic, he is a lot more reliable and would have a better chance of coming in and winning a few games if Rodgers goes down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: