Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 GDT: Cincinnati at Bears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pinky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
How did Kyle Long look?

Exceptional. Didn't hear Geno Atkins' name called once, and he was one-on-one against him quite a lot if I saw correctly.

In the most important play of the game, 4th and 1 in the Bengals' half, with 8 minutes left in the fourth quarter and the Bears down by 4, Trestman called run right. Behind Long, Mills and Bennett. Two rookies and tight end. The play went for 8 yards.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Julius Peppers was held off the stat sheet by a back up LT.

If people don't think he is declining and that we are going to continue to pay him 14-17 million a season might want to re evaluate.
TBF, I was real high on Anthony Collins, and I believe he was a 2nd round pick, he's just been stuck behind one of the better LTs in the league all this time. And as much as I love Pep, if Melton isn't rolling Pep has a tendency to disappear b/c QBs just step up into the middle.

He is declining.

I hope he can have an impact this season like we have seen in the past.

Collins was a 4th round pick who was a free agent last season and got no action and while he is a good pass blocker he should not be keeping Peppers off the stat sheet.

I don’t think we should go as far as saying he is declining based off of one game…3 of our 4 starting Dlinemen had rough games against the Bengals who’s Oline maybe we underrate a little given how well they played yesterday…if Peppers is still playing like he did yesterday come game 5 or 6 then we have problems but let’s not just the gun after only one game regardless of how disappointing he was.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Williams did anything to change his status one way or another. He played fine - no big mistakes or big plays either way. He'll start week 2 and this argument will continue.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
I've rewatched the play 3 times, I think he's trying to go to Bennett on a deep cross, but it was way underthrown.
Cutler was being pulled down when he threw the ball. It actually should have been a Horsecollar penalty on the Bengals. There was no way he could have held up the throw the guy got him at the exact right moment to screw up the throw. I thought J messed up at first as well.

The horsecollar penalty doesnt apply to quarterbacks inside the pocket, so its not a penalty.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Julius Peppers was held off the stat sheet by a back up LT.

If people don't think he is declining and that we are going to continue to pay him 14-17 million a season might want to re evaluate.

He did play poorly... But that backup LT also outplayed Bushrod, Collins is far better than your giving him credit for, I don't really like that argument... And by that same logic, Melton is significantly declining, anyone who thinks we should pay him $9-10 million might want to re evaluate.

It's one game, let's see how things look midseason with those guys, but honestly if they continue to play how they did yesterday I would cut Peppers AND let Melton walk.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4685623/cutler-deadly-against-bengals-pressure

Quote:
The Bengals brought at least five rushers on 10 of Cutler’s 33 drop-backs on Sunday, and they paid for it, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Cutler completed 8-of-10 for 94 yards and a touchdown when the Bengals brought five or more rushers, and passed for four first downs. In 2012, in those circumstances, Cutler completed just 50 percent of his passes for 6.9 yards per completion, with a touchdown to interception ratio of 7 to 6.

IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the three biggest pluses of this game were:

1. Offensive line kept Cutler clean.

2. Improved game management compared to previous years.

3. The team had to adjust and overcome adversity. Good teams don't blow out their opponents every week; they find a way to win when they haven't been playing their best football.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuskieBear wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
I've rewatched the play 3 times, I think he's trying to go to Bennett on a deep cross, but it was way underthrown.
Cutler was being pulled down when he threw the ball. It actually should have been a Horsecollar penalty on the Bengals. There was no way he could have held up the throw the guy got him at the exact right moment to screw up the throw. I thought J messed up at first as well.

The horsecollar penalty doesnt apply to quarterbacks inside the pocket, so its not a penalty.
Thanks, that is one of the stupidest penalties in football anyway.
topwop1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHO DEY? WE DEY!

WHO DEY? WE DEY!

WHO DEY? WE DEY!

Hahaha I digress. Good 1st game.

Positives:

Pass blocking
Cutler
Coaching

Negatives:

D-line pressure
Pass defense
Run game

On to the next one. I'm calling a W against those overrated Vikings.
ForteOz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:
Should be a good game. Cant wait to see how Cutler does, how we utilize Forte, and all the other weapons we have. Interesting to see how our 3 rookie starters will do. I think we pull off a win to start the year 24-20.

If things work out as I hope then AJ Green will have 160 yards and 2 TDs and the Bears will win 31-14.

Not quite the final score you wanted but pretty darn close.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone knows this already, but I will just throw this out there. I seem to have lost a single play somewhere but...

Tillman was in coverage for 29(30) snaps. He was lined up directly across from AJ Green on 26 of those 29 snaps. Of the 26 snaps he lined up across from Green, 20 of them were in zone coverage, 6 of them were in man coverage. He played Press 5 times, the other 21 off.

Cover 3 and Cover 2 were each used on 10 of the 29 snaps Tillman played. 2 plays of Cover 1 (man free), two of goalline press man (usually a Cover 0 type play, or some combination of zones with man from the corners), one play of two man (Which could have been Cover 2) and one broken play (The Tillman PI) where Tillman plays man coverage on Green, but the rest of the defense drops into a Cover 2 shell.

It is interesting to note that on the 4 plays Charles Tillman was on the sideline and the Bengals threw the football, AJ Green got two catches for 66 yards and a TD.

Major Wright made a horrible decision on the 45 yard TD to AJ Green. He was supposed to be giving Jenning help over the top, instead he bites on an inside breaking route and leaves Green wide open.

Eh, Thats about it, hope someone enjoys this.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForteOz wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:
Should be a good game. Cant wait to see how Cutler does, how we utilize Forte, and all the other weapons we have. Interesting to see how our 3 rookie starters will do. I think we pull off a win to start the year 24-20.

If things work out as I hope then AJ Green will have 160 yards and 2 TDs and the Bears will win 31-14.

Not quite the final score you wanted but pretty darn close.

One of my better efforts. I have no Vikings on my fantasy football teams. In that light gimme a 51-3 Bears win this week. Cool

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Major Wright made a horrible decision on the 45 yard TD to AJ Green. He was supposed to be giving Jenning help over the top, instead he bites on an inside breaking route and leaves Green wide open.

Thanks for the info...just to add to add a little more info to this...

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4685656/stock-watch-guards-handle-atkins

Quote:
Wright's statistics were fine on Sunday (seven tackles), but he committed a costly mental error that led to a Bengals touchdown. With the Bears' in zone coverage, Wright bit on an Andy Dalton pump fake and was late helping out over the top on A.J. Green's 45-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter. Green ran past cornerback Tim Jennings on the play, but Trestman confirmed on Monday that Jennings expected the help to come from the safety. It never did. Wright has been responsible for a host of busted coverages throughout his career, although he is coming off his best NFL season in 2012 when he snagged four interceptions.

Of all our big name free agents Wright is the guy I’m most wary of given a new contract too…not because he is a bad player…but I can’t remember the last safety around the NFL to get a big contract not name Reed or Polamalu who has lived up to it…it’s a tricky spot to gauge.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
khodder wrote:

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4685656/stock-watch-guards-handle-atkins

Quote:
Wright's statistics were fine on Sunday (seven tackles), but he committed a costly mental error that led to a Bengals touchdown. With the Bears' in zone coverage, Wright bit on an Andy Dalton pump fake and was late helping out over the top on A.J. Green's 45-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter. Green ran past cornerback Tim Jennings on the play, but Trestman confirmed on Monday that Jennings expected the help to come from the safety. It never did. Wright has been responsible for a host of busted coverages throughout his career, although he is coming off his best NFL season in 2012 when he snagged four interceptions.

Of all our big name free agents Wright is the guy I’m most wary of given a new contract too…not because he is a bad player…but I can’t remember the last safety around the NFL to get a big contract not name Reed or Polamalu who has lived up to it…it’s a tricky spot to gauge.

I've never been a fan of Major Wright, he seems to always be a step late to the play. If it comes down to Wright in 2014 or Conte in 2015 like I think it will be, Im taking Conte 10 out of 10 times.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
khodder wrote:

Quote:

I've never been a fan of Major Wright, he seems to always be a step late to the play. If it comes down to Wright in 2014 or Conte in 2015 like I think it will be, Im taking Conte 10 out of 10 times.

I wouldn’t say he is a step late on most plays but I agree that if it comes down to Wright or Conte I would rather have Conte…it’s a passing league and Conte makes the QB hold the ball longer because of his range…if we do let Wright walk I would love to draft Ed Reynolds in round two and plug him in at SS…it would be really tough to pass deep on those two.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

Jump to: