Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno extension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
futbudds

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
Thank god. He was the top NFL free agent for next year out of ALL the NFL teams IMO. Now they wont have to waste a franchise tag on him next year too.

Mike Brown=God?

Better question for Bengals fans:

Mike Brown is the god of ________?
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
Thank god. He was the top NFL free agent for next year out of ALL the NFL teams IMO. Now they wont have to waste a franchise tag on him next year too.

Mike Brown=God?

More like the Devil actually. I will give the man credit because hes gotten his head out of his a** maybe. The decisions hes making are finally working. But its still gonna be hard to forgive this guy until this team takes the next step in the playoffs.

I will never forgive him. He's made the last 2 decades of being a Bengals fan miserable. Winning a playoff game won't change that for me. I don't know if a SB win will. A little part of me doesn't want Mikey to ever get a SB title.
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys think this deal gets done without the salary floor being instituted 2 years ago? I think we would have just let him walk or would've let Dunlap walk. No way we bring them both back with extensions.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
Do you guys think this deal gets done without the salary floor being instituted 2 years ago? I think we would have just let him walk or would've let Dunlap walk. No way we bring them both back with extensions.

Yeah I'm confident they would have. This team has always signed extensions. Levi Jones, whitworth, Willie Anderson, chad, etc. The only guys of note that left were jjoe and tj. And its not like they didn't offer them competitive deals.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:

As J said, it would have gotten done. If for no other reason, I believe these type of things were part of Marvin Lewis' demands for returning as coach a few years ago.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:

Yeah I'm confident they would have. This team has always signed extensions. Levi Jones, whitworth, Willie Anderson, chad, etc. The only guys of note that left were jjoe and tj. And its not like they didn't offer them competitive deals.

Good point. We spend on our own guys and rarely sign FA. I think Geno gets done no question. Zimmer would walk out on this team if we let him walk.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:

See all the players you named for getting extensions were offensive players. We've traditionally let defensive players walk. I think with Mikey being forced to spend money he resigned them. But otherwise at least 1 of the 2 would be gone.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:

See all the players you named for getting extensions were offensive players. We've traditionally let defensive players walk. I think with Mikey being forced to spend money he resigned them. But otherwise at least 1 of the 2 would be gone.

I think Leon Hall was our best defensive guy. We also haven't had any stud players to resign besides JoJo that we really let walk and we tried with him.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
theJ wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:

Name one big name guy (offensive or defensive) that the team just let walk. And i don't mean made a really good offer and the guy decided to leave. I mean walk.

I suppose you could say maybe Brandon Johnson, Madieu Williams or Stacy Andrews. But i think time has proven that it was good those players weren't resigned.

The reason we haven't seen a lot of big name defensive guys resign in past years is because the defense hasn't been good. It's only been since 2009-2010 that the defense has played well. And at first it was just a rag-tag group of vets and pieces off the scrap pile. JJoe is the only big name guy to leave, and he was very clear that he left because he no longer wanted to be a Bengal. Not because the offer was bad.

Sorry to flat out challenge you on this, but this team is very good at retaining their own, in spite of this not being a popular place to play.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Mike Brown=God?

Don't think so.

Will never forgive him for that decade of absolute ineptitude prior to Marvin's arrival.............

Mike Brown still thinks he's a chip off his daddy's block; he ain't.
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just off the top of my head... Justin Smith, Madieu Williams, Takeo Spikes, Dan Wilkerson, Johnathan Joseph. Just a couple of the top defensive players to leave in the Mike Brown era.

While we have resigned Leon Hall and now our 2 DL this offseason, we tend to let big free agents leave off the defensive side of the ball. While none of the players may be HOFers, they were certainly the better defensive players we had in their primes and we waved goodbye to them all. Now some of them wanted out of Cincinnati, but you really cannot blame them after Mikey's 2 decades of torture.

Had it not been for the salary floor instituted by the latest CBA, I think would have let one or both walk again due to Mikey's ineptitude.
futbudds

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
Just off the top of my head... Justin Smith, Madieu Williams, Takeo Spikes, Dan Wilkerson, Johnathan Joseph. Just a couple of the top defensive players to leave in the Mike Brown era.

While we have resigned Leon Hall and now our 2 DL this offseason, we tend to let big free agents leave off the defensive side of the ball. While none of the players may be HOFers, they were certainly the better defensive players we had in their primes and we waved goodbye to them all. Now some of them wanted out of Cincinnati, but you really cannot blame them after Mikey's 2 decades of torture.

Had it not been for the salary floor instituted by the latest CBA, I think would have let one or both walk again due to Mikey's ineptitude.

If the team won four games last year I don't see geno getting an extension yet, maybe after a franchise tag, but I see Marvin, Zim and the Gru having more sway and a competitive team being more the reason. With the wins and notoriety AND having confidence that the coaches will point out good draft picks and FA's have helped. Still can't wait till he gives over the reigns though.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Mike Brown=God?

More like the Devil actually. I will give the man credit because hes gotten his head out of his a** maybe. The decisions hes making are finally working. But its still gonna be hard to forgive this guy until this team takes the next step in the playoffs.

I will never forgive him. He's made the last 2 decades of being a Bengals fan miserable. Winning a playoff game won't change that for me. I don't know if a SB win will. A little part of me doesn't want Mikey to ever get a SB title.

I know I know. Even if he has improved, unless he wins a superbowl, the guy will never be forgiven by most fans. Thats why this team still struggles to sell out the home games, even though the team is good now. Even in 2011 when they were good, having 6 of those games blacked out shows that the fans cant it anymore.

Im 21 and the last time this team even won a playoff game, I wasn't even born yet, and to know that really sucks. They are making progress though now, even if it is slow.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:

Justin Smith was franchise tagged the last year he was here and didn't want to return. Wilkinson was traded for two draft picks that turned into Brian Simmons and (I forget). Spikes was going to be transition tagged but he absolutely begged Marvin to let him out of here (Marvin had just been hired). Funny how karma worked there because Takeo wanted out to get to the playoffs. How'd that work out ? Laughing We made competitive offers to Joseph and Williams, so it isn't like they just said get out. The truth is we didn't have that many top end defensive players to begin with, so when a few leave it sways the numbers.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Smith was garbage here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: