Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wk 1 Gameday Thread: Chiefs vs Jags
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

winner?
Red Walruses
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
the Real Americans
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
America
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 17

Mikek163

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
I'm thoroughly enjoying Brandon Carr get TORCHED tonight. Rueben Randle isn't a slouch, but to torch Carr the way he is is makin me smile.

ryknowssd approves this message.

Gets a huge pick 6 to end it hahaha.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
I'm thoroughly enjoying Brandon Carr get TORCHED tonight. Rueben Randle isn't a slouch, but to torch Carr the way he is is makin me smile.

ryknowssd approves this message.

Gets a huge pick 6 to end it hahaha.

And people knock me for enjoying Tony G's failures in Atlanta. Wink

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
chiefs82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who couldn't watch today's win (like myself) here's a 3:42 highlight from today.....enjoy Cool

http://youtu.be/E1jWLnfwda8

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:59/Sacks:17/FF:13/FR:0
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo got banged up some in the game vs the Giants.

Giants turned the ball over 6 times and still just barely lost. A key for us will be taking care of the football.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Umm...yeah. I'm only through the first quarter right now in breaking down the game tape and...

...holy hell. I'm in love with our defensive coordinator. Like, seriously. I would have this man's babies if I had the parts. There was a 3rd & 7 play where our only 2 DLs were Catapano & Poe. We rushed Houston & Tamba from the outside and had DJ in the middle in a QB spy assignment and Flowers/Smith manning the outside. Pretty normal stuff so far, right? Well, the other 4 players were Berry, Lewis, Abdullah and Demps. We had four freakin' safeties on the field at the same time. Why, you ask? Because eff you, NFL. That's why. Berry is essentially a corner, safety and linebacker all in one. Sutton just figures...hell, why not send him on a blitz? Sure. Sounds good. I mean, I have 3 other safeties on the field right now, too, right? Right. Oh, wait. DJ has the coverage skills of the average strong safety, so that essentially makes 5 guys at the position. Aww, eff it. Send in the 5th dimension. So Berry shoots the gap between Tamba & Poe (who was double teamed) and he immediately pressures Gabbert. Lewis & Demps are playing a cover 2 zone over the top. Abdullah is on the slot.

Seriously. Let this sink in for a bit. We have our four best pass rushers on the field at the same time, yet still aren't vulnerable to the run. We also have four safeties, a top 3 CB and another top 10ish corner on the outside...and an ILB who can cover equally as well as he plays the run with instincts that have impressed even me at times so far on this tape. What the hell do you do as an offense against this kind of front? Seriously. What do you do?

The Jags run a screen.

It goes for a first down.

The only reason why is DJ decides to try shooting a gap to get to Gabbert instead of shadowing the RB and that leaves Lewis one on one against a blocker in the open field. Lewis made an admiral attempt at stopping the ball carrier after shedding his block, but it still converts a 3rd down. One of only 5 they converted all day.

Why is this a good thing? Because it's all a chess game. The only possible play I can think of that would yield success as an offense was a screen. The Jags essentially got lucky in this situation. Even though their play call was perfect, had stayed in his zone instead of shooting the gap, the play would've more than likely resulted in another punt.

Ladies & gentleman, we finally have a DC who knows how to utilize our players to their fullest potential. Sutton realizes DJ, Berry, Flowers, Smith & Abdullah's versatility and he's putting it to good use. Even though this play didn't yield the result we were hoping for, it puts a smile on my face. Not only are we employing an attacking scheme, we're doing it in a way that also gives us a safety net and playing things safe. This personnel package is probably my favorite I've seen since I started evaluating game tape about 8 years ago. It's genius.

So, I'll say it one more time; HOLY. HELL.

Mr. Robert Sutton, I love you.

BTDubs, Poe is a MONSTER. Out of the tape I've seen so far, he is the main cog that holds this entire defense together. Without him, none of this would be possible. I seriously sat here for about 3 minutes trying to come up with a word that would do him justice and I had to SETTLE on the word "monster". Even that is underwhelming. Seriously. His presence is just unfair. It's literally like he automatically gives offenses a 1 or 2 player disadvantage on every snap. You'll either have to double (or triple) team him or he'll literally eat your soul. It's like you're having to play 9 or 10 players against the other team's 11. Holy mother of God. The kid is even more ridiculous than EVEN I thought he'd be prior to when he was drafted...and it goes without saying how highly I thought of him at that time. Jesus.

...But seriously. He might ACTUALLY be Jesus. Apparently he's being resurrected as a 350 lb behemoth this time around. Because eff you, racism.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking while out on a delivery today, that our defenses is just full of complete and utter monsterbeasts (just monsters doesn't do enough justice). Houston, Hali, DJ, Berry, Poe, monsterbeasts. Tyson was his usual unmovable self. Devito showed nicely, and Catapano. ooh ooh, Catapano is a possible monsterbeast. I too am in love with our 4 safety defense. Perfect defense for the type of game the NFL is evolving into. You can use any one of Abdullah, Berry, DJ, Lewis, Demps, Robinson to blitz, spy on the QB, or cover TE/RBs man to man, and you'll never know who is doing what because they are all so versatile. This defense... ooh this defense. I can't wait for some real competition to see where we are.

We are a team of monsterbeasts.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
samsel23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I was thinking while out on a delivery today, that our defenses is just full of complete and utter monsterbeasts (just monsters doesn't do enough justice). Houston, Hali, DJ, Berry, Poe, monsterbeasts. Tyson was his usual unmovable self. Devito showed nicely, and Catapano. ooh ooh, Catapano is a possible monsterbeast. I too am in love with our 4 safety defense. Perfect defense for the type of game the NFL is evolving into. You can use any one of Abdullah, Berry, DJ, Lewis, Demps, Robinson to blitz, spy on the QB, or cover TE/RBs man to man, and you'll never know who is doing what because they are all so versatile. This defense... ooh this defense. I can't wait for some real competition to see where we are.

I'm pretty sure me and you have been the main Kendrick supporters around here.

He looked so good yesterday, very physical. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Side note: Smith and Flowers were on lock down, ready for more competition

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so here's some quick hits now that I've finished watching the whole game in entirety:

Arrow Jeff Allen sucks. He struggles in space, he doesn't have the strength to get movement in the ground game and he struggles with speed rushers and double moves. He wasn't horrible today, but he WAS one of the primary reasons behind screens & stretch plays failing and if he didn't get help on obvious passing downs, he was constantly giving up pressure on Alex. Not a good game from him.
Arrow Geoff Schartz sucks, too. Especially in the run game and blocking in space. He's not agile enough to pull or trap block consistently, but he does anchor very well against bull rushes and is a decent technician in pass protection. Overall, he's a decent backup, but nothing more. We need Asamoah back. Badly.
Arrow Had it not been for both our guards either missing blocks or not getting movement in their assignments, our 2nd half performance would've been much better. The gameplan changes were obvious. We went to short, high completion passes that would keep the clock running and in order for those plays to translate into yardage, you have to be able to block in space. Allen and Schwartz were trusted to execute those assignments in most cases in this game and our stagnant offense was primarily a product of their mediocrity.
Arrow Fisher made a ton of rookie mistakes in the 1st half. His leverage was horrible, as was his footwork. These things can be said about his performance in both run and pass blocking. His tenacity and nastiness was evident on most plays, but Alualu got the best of him a lot in this game. The blocking scheme change in the 2nd half helped him a lot.
Arrow Speaking of the blocking scheme change, we went from what seemed like a primarily zone blocking scheme in the 1st half to a man blocking scheme on passing downs in the 2nd half. Our play selection on running plays seemed to say almost the same in terms of blocking, but passing plays because extremely predictable if you paid attention to how narrow the gaps were between each o-lineman. The Jags quickly caught onto this and we became a bit more predictable, which I'm sure played at least a small part in them being able to force us to punt so many times in the 2nd half.
Arrow Catapano is a key contributor for us. Once he refines his hand placement a bit more, he's gonna be a real asset for us as a pass rusher. He has an impressive burst for a man his size. I have high hopes for him from what I saw on film today.
Arrow DJ is crazy good.
Arrow We need Kelce to step up and demand more playing time because McGrath is a putrid inline blocker, which is almost exclusively how he was used today. After McGrath's poor performance, I fully expect to see Kelce a lot more next week. If we don't, something's up that we don't know about.
Arrow McCluster had one hell of a game as a receiver, returner, blocker...you name it. I loved what I saw from him.
Arrow I really like Sherman. A lot. Seems like a blue collar worker who plays with a lot of fire and has surprisingly good hands for a guy his size.
Arrow Bowe is Alex's security blanket.
Arrow Jenkins is a much better blocker than I realized.
Arrow Avery is a ludicrously bad blocker. He resembles my wife trying to "shoo" away a fly. With freshly painted fingernails while she has a migraine. Hardly any effort at all.
Arrow Tyson Jackson has been let loose in this scheme and with Poe demanding double & triple teams, he's become a force to be reckoned with. He flat out dominated Joeckel for most of the day.
Arrow Flowers. Dayum.
Arrow Tamba looks faster at top end speed than in previous years. Same burst, same relentlessness, but better top end speed in pursuit. He's playing with reckless abandon and with more discipline against the run. I really liked what I saw from him today.
Arrow Houston, they have a problem.
Arrow I am not a fan of Robinson's. Every time I saw him on the field, I saw him screw up in some way. I'm convinced he made this roster by default.
Arrow Hudson really impressed me. He showed more power than he has in previous years and looked great with his footwork, hand placement, leverage and blitz/stunt pickups. Good stuff from him in this game.
Arrow Kendrick Lewis is definitely over his shoulder injury and seems MUCH more aggressive than I've ever seen him. His anticipation, decisiveness and overall aggressiveness seemed much improved from any game I've seen from him in the past. I really hope this continues because we NEED good play from him.
Arrow I'm now tired, extremely giddy, excited, hopeful and concerned all at the same time! Laughing

Based on this game, our biggest needs are as follows:
1. LG (by far the biggest need right now)
2. RG (please come back, Big Jon!)
3. TE (Fasano was extremely underwhelming except for one catch where he fought for a 1st down)
4. RT (Get over your rookie growing pains & we'll be in good shape, Fisher)
5. Toub (a blocked punt, crappy wedges/walls and gunners who couldn't get off blocks plagued us. Whip 'em into shape, Toub!)

Hope you enjoyed the read!

bigschmadt00 wrote:
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:

I feel the need to point out that this 4 safety base also features two down lineman with two 3-4 OLBs lined up at DE, just like the 2-5-4 defense I drafted last year in the KC Forum draft. You DO realize that saying you like this 4 safety personnel package is also admitting you like my 2-5-4, right? Wink

bigschmadt00 wrote:
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryk, according to the NFL gamebook Kelce didn't play at all - so that's probably injury-related.

Abdullah coming in as the 5th DB is bad news for Robinson. With a 3.25 M$ base salary next year that may spell doom for him if he doesn't turn it on soon.

I#m not that critical on the OL. I think overall they did a good job. Weakest link was Fisher, but even he was much better than Joeckel.

Nick Jacobs OL breakdown from Twitter:

OL Grades

Fisher: 18 pluses, 19 stalemates, 22 negatives
Stephenson: 2 pluses
Hudson: 41 pluses, 13 stalemates, 7 negatives
Schwartz: 33 pluses, 21 stalemates, 7 negatives
Albert: 46 pluses, 11 Stalemates, 4 negative
Allen: 45 pluses, 10 stalemates, 6 negatives

I liked the Albert/Stephenson/Sherman combo on #25's TD run ... they just ripped the defense apart ...
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I echo most of what has been said in the past few posts. Couple things to add/repeat:

I've been a proponent of Lewis for awhile as well, but primarily as a deep zone guy. We used him in far more ways today, and he was much more physical. He was actually in man coverage a few times, which is a great development, because on a few plays where last year we would've had Lewis in a deep zone and Berry in man, we had Demps in a deep zone, Lewis in man, and Berry blitzing, which is exciting.

Poe may have replaced Flowers as my man crush. His technique has come so very very far, and his conditioning and stamina should not exist in a 350 pound man.

Dexter McCluster has a spark back as a returnman that he hasn't had since his rookie year. I've said for awhile he shouldn't be returning, because he was a god awful kick returner and Arenas looked better on punts, but he really seems like he's going to get a big one this year.

I like our CBs physicality and willingness to come up and make a hit. Bubble screens will get teams nowhere against us.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
56 catches, 747 yards, 5 TDs, one very funny obscene gesture, and one fumble that wasn't a fumble
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Okay, so here's some quick hits now that I've finished watching the whole game in entirety:

Hope you enjoyed the read!

Really did enjoy this informative post.. thank you. I am looking forward to doing a closer inspection of the offense as well soon. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryk, I didn't analyze the game like you, but I think Avery was better in the blocking game then you're giving him credit for. Especially when you consider the guy is a flier, meaning he's used to being fast and trying to run past people. He's not a Monsterbeast (yep...I used it) like Bowe or even a giant beast like Baldwin was in terms of blocking. I'm not saying he was a GOOD blocker by any means, but he did alright, and got in the way of defenders on a couple of longer plays.

And I'm going to call out on something else...two people in this forum were calling for us to draft Hemmingway well before the Chiefs actually got him (like rounds before)...me and Nic. He already proved his worth in my opinion. He went up and got that TD, managed to get his feet in bounds, made plays on kick coverage. In my opinion he's already a significant upgrade over Copper for MUCH less.

I'll agree with what has been said about Lewis, honestly I think this was his best game as a pro. IF he can stay healthy, it could be a good year for him.

And now for the negatives, because yes there are some.

1. Let's not get carried away boys, it was the Jaguars (but GOT DAYUM does it feel good to get a win, and play a complete game).

2. I really disliked our offensive intensity in the second half, I wanted this to be a statement game, particularly after how the Donkeys looked. I was hoping the Walrus would keep his flipper on the pedal and just run it up. Now maybe Andy is classier than me, maybe I play too much Madden, but I wanted us to keep attacking.

3. I know Knile is a rookie, and Gray is a back-up...but we are a completely different team when JC isn't in there. We need him to stay healthy.

4. Bowe, took too long to get him involved, Bowe very easily could have a performance like Boldin if used well. Came on in the second half, but I'm not sure he was even targeted in the first.

Lastly, back to the good.

HOW GOOD DOES IT FEEL TO BE 1-0? HOW GOOD DOES IT FEEL TO NOT GET BLOWN OUT? HOW ABOUT OUR D NOT GIVING UP A POINT!?!

Sorry for yelling, but I'm pretty pumped.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure anyone will get much out of this.. but I wanted to focus on the OL.

The rest to be continued throughout the week... it's just what I do...

(PP = pass play) ... (RP = run play)

1. PP - the left side wasn't pretty, but they did enough to keep the QB clean on this PA rollout. Deep pass catchable to Fasano, but TE needed to get off the ground a little or have another inch or two of arm extension.

2. RP - LT was fine.. LG pulled inside, but didn't get much push and fell quickly... C did well keeping RDT away.. RG did well on angling out LDT.. failed 2nd level block from RT, but inconsequential.. FB did okay on outside block... TE blocked inside, but between nice LB filling, just lots of bodies clogged up.

3. PP - both OTs gave up quick ground from both DEs.. forced back into QB... QB does well to evade and gets throw out to relief valve RB... pass on target, but DROPPED... DB closed quickly and likely would have made the stop anyway. punt.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. PP - all blocking was fine except for LT vs RE. RE crashed inside and Albert couldn't keep him from progressing toward QB. JC teamed with Albert in backfield to give QB just enough time. Short pass on target.

2. PP - blocks were adequate for such a quick strike.. slant pass to JC on target after 3 step drop.

3. PP - very quick pass when QB sees instant separation from Avery outside. Ball had some zip and was accurate, so that Avery could break a tackle and take the extra 2 yds for a TD!

great answering TD drive after the shocking blocked punt for a safety...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. RP - quick slasher up the middle... the C nicely angles away his RDT... RG gets his 2nd level ILB... great job pulling over to get LE by the LG... the RT slips past the LE but fails to get the 2nd level tackling DB filling in... this play would have gone for MUCH more had RT done his job.

2. RP - poor and failed cut block attempt by FB on OLB... RG pulls right but lazy fail block on that same OLB... underwhelming LE block from pulling LG after RT released the LE to go after a 2nd level block.

3. PP - very quick, 3 step drop and pass on target to a Avery slant. converted 3rd. Blocks were fine.

4. PP - very strange play. looks like the clumsy LG trips and falls forward and nearly tackles Charles.. who is trying to get out on a screen dump-off. Really messed up everything on this one.

5. PP - blocking was acceptable... the RT did get beaten inside by LE, but the RG was free in ZB to assist him, good pick-up by RG.. Looks like Alex had a better target that he could have gone to.. one that was a little deeper. (Avery)

6. PP - blocks were solid enough... ball on target to Avery crossing the middle... excellent diving knockaway from the CB on Avery's back. punt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

great field position after Flowers INT and return...

1. RP - nice sustained block from LG vs RDT... C gets a key 2nd level block on ILB after initial block of LDT... FB gets key block on OLB... RG twists LDT away.. very nice run for 18 yds..

2. PP - all blocks really held up well, other than Albert vs RE, but the LG helped him just enough.. Alex has time to go to his 3rd read and the pass was thrown in the one spot only Hemmingway could get it... TD!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. PP - solid blocks.. LG quickly lost inside, but the RDT slipped down and Allen kept him down. Short pass... one of those plays where I'd like to see the deep routes, but can not.

2. RP - the C struggled to get any movement on the RDT.. the LT should have done a better job of washing away the RE.

END of 1st

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Ryk, according to the NFL gamebook Kelce didn't play at all - so that's probably injury-related.

Hopefully that's the case, but if that's true, why wasn't he a gameday inactive? That's what concerns me. Not a HUGE concern, but still valid.

KC_Guy wrote:
Abdullah coming in as the 5th DB is bad news for Robinson. With a 3.25 M$ base salary next year that may spell doom for him if he doesn't turn it on soon.

Yup. No doubt he's not earning his paycheck right now.

KC_Guy wrote:
I#m not that critical on the OL. I think overall they did a good job. Weakest link was Fisher, but even he was much better than Joeckel.

Joeckel actually did a much better job than I initially thought. Yes, he made some rookie mistakes, but he anchored well against TJax, and handled Catapano well on most of those snaps. Poe and Houston got the best of him multiple times, but most of that had to do with well timed blitzes and post snap strafes by our DL. In other words, rookie mistakes combined with Poe & Houston's beastliness are what made him look bad.

KC_Guy wrote:
Nick Jacobs OL breakdown from Twitter:

OL Grades

Fisher: 18 pluses, 19 stalemates, 22 negatives
Stephenson: 2 pluses
Hudson: 41 pluses, 13 stalemates, 7 negatives
Schwartz: 33 pluses, 21 stalemates, 7 negatives
Albert: 46 pluses, 11 Stalemates, 4 negative
Allen: 45 pluses, 10 stalemates, 6 negatives

Seems about right except for Allen. Just off the top of my head I can name at least 10 assignments he failed for various reasons. Fisher was definitely the weakest link. The only reason I wasn't as hard on him in my write-up was because it's his first career game. Even DJ and Houston sucked their first game. I'm giving him 3 games before I start expecting big improvements. After week 3, you'll start to see my evaluations on him get more critical.

KC_Guy wrote:
I liked the Albert/Stephenson/Sherman combo on #25's TD run ... they just ripped the defense apart ...

Yes! Loved that play. Sherman actually took 2 guys out on the play with one cut block and Albert/Stephenson got crazy good movement. Even I could've walked through that massive hole.

Jakuvious wrote:
I echo most of what has been said in the past few posts. Couple things to add/repeat:

I've been a proponent of Lewis for awhile as well, but primarily as a deep zone guy. We used him in far more ways today, and he was much more physical. He was actually in man coverage a few times, which is a great development, because on a few plays where last year we would've had Lewis in a deep zone and Berry in man, we had Demps in a deep zone, Lewis in man, and Berry blitzing, which is exciting.

We blitzed our safeties a TON this week. I'd probably estimate Berry being sent on a blitz about 30% of his snaps. Lewis impressed me. I haven't seen that kind of versatility from him before. Good to see.

Jakuvious wrote:
Poe may have replaced Flowers as my man crush. His technique has come so very very far, and his conditioning and stamina should not exist in a 350 pound man.

Cool

Jakuvious wrote:
I like our CBs physicality and willingness to come up and make a hit. Bubble screens will get teams nowhere against us.

Depends. If we're caught with our pants down on a 5 or 6 man blitz, any kind of screen could mean big yardage. Just depends on the play call.

oldman9er wrote:
Really did enjoy this informative post.. thank you. I am looking forward to doing a closer inspection of the offense as well soon. Very Happy

No problem, man. I love doing these. Glad you liked it!

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Ryk, I didn't analyze the game like you, but I think Avery was better in the blocking game then you're giving him credit for. Especially when you consider the guy is a flier, meaning he's used to being fast and trying to run past people. He's not a Monsterbeast (yep...I used it) like Bowe or even a giant beast like Baldwin was in terms of blocking. I'm not saying he was a GOOD blocker by any means, but he did alright, and got in the way of defenders on a couple of longer plays.

Meh. Avery's route running and awareness impressed me, but his blocking this week was reminiscent of Samie Parker's blocking as a rookie. It was horrid. He just threw his body in front of the defenders and made little to no effort to anchor against his man. He is most certainly the best route runner outside Bowe from what I saw, so it makes sense that he's starting. I just want more effort out of him in blocking assignments.

DT58_lives_on wrote:
1. Let's not get carried away boys, it was the Jaguars (but GOT DAYUM does it feel good to get a win, and play a complete game).

We definitely have some work to do still (mainly along the OL), but the good news is Asamoah returning will fix a lot of the woes I saw on tape in week 1. Schwartz was just flat out bad in the run game and Fisher just seemed lost and confused on a lot of plays. There was a stretch zone blocking run that went to his side that he literally ended up blocking nobody. He shed the RE to get to the 2nd level (who Allen was SUPPOSED to pick up on a pull and whiffed) and once he got to the second level, he whiffed a block and was left standing there, looking around aimlessly like a lost puppy. Hopefully this kind of stuff is partly due to Asamoah's absence since I'm sure they have at least some rapport built by now. We'll see, I suppose.

DT58_lives_on wrote:
2. I really disliked our offensive intensity in the second half, I wanted this to be a statement game, particularly after how the Donkeys looked. I was hoping the Walrus would keep his flipper on the pedal and just run it up. Now maybe Andy is classier than me, maybe I play too much Madden, but I wanted us to keep attacking.

To be fair, the playcalling was very conservative in the 2nd half (and rightfully so with a 18 point lead and the defense dominating). Normally, I'm inclined to agree, but at some point, it becomes more about posting that "W" than it is about dominating your opponent. Credit Jax with good half-time adjustments, too. Their playcalling and overall technique in the trenches (on O and D) was markedly improved in the 2nd half.

DT58_lives_on wrote:
4. Bowe, took too long to get him involved, Bowe very easily could have a performance like Boldin if used well. Came on in the second half, but I'm not sure he was even targeted in the first.

Did we really need him? I mean, I get what you're saying, but he was mainly used as a decoy for the majority of the 1st half and it seemed to work pretty well.

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Sorry for yelling, but I'm pretty pumped.

Haha, rightfully so! How many years has it been since we were on this end of a blowout? I honestly can't remember. It's been THAT long.

oldman9er wrote:
Not sure anyone will get much out of this.. but I wanted to focus on the OL.

Good read. I enjoyed it. I'm a bit more critical on technique rather than overall effectiveness than you seem to be, but I agree with every point you made. It seems we agree that Hudson (C) played well and Allen (LG) was the main cause for the failure of several plays. The play where Fisher (RT) missed that 2nd level block made me cringe. Charles would've been running for DAYS had he made that block.

bigschmadt00 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: