Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Titans 16, Steelers 9 - Road to 16-0 begins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
So Diamond formation. Is that new for us? I don't remember it from last year..
It must be. I'm shocked we used it as often as we did, but it's not a bad wrinkle.

It's crazy to think that the defense and pass rush was this good without Akeem Ayers really playing much at all. He was clearly not anywhere near 100% and I rarely recall him being on the field. Granted, it's nice that our other outside linebacker has the ability to be that kind of pass-rusher, but a fully healthy Ayers, allowing Brown to slip into his normal role, can do even more for this defense and adds to the potential looks that we can possibly show.

We actually used this formation a few times last year when we made the change at OC. And I remember really liking it... it would usually result in 5+ yard gains... for a few weeks...

But then teams started figuring it out... I think I saw one or two passes from that formation last year... and I don't think we threw a single pass from it yesterday. Maybe its part of the plan, get teams to think run, run, run... then spring a PA pass to a wide open guy for 6 points.

It wasn't as successful this past week as it was last season... but then again,maybe that was just a result of playing a very stout D.

I remember thinking it was very successful when we first started running out of the diamond formation... but we continued running out of it and not once did we ever pass. The Steelers were just jumping all over us. Not to mention the predictable snap count.

I think if we would have been a bit more creative and less passive we would have seen a lot more success with it.

Last edited by TitanSS on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUeD4IMt2jg

This was probably my favorite play of the game.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Locker ahead of Brady, Stafford, Flacco, Eli Manning, Romo and Roethlisberger. Championship
T1TANS f4n LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I find annoying? Every media outlet refuses to say we played great defense and are quick to say the Steelers "imploded." They quickly bring up our terrible defense from last year but refuse to say anything about us possibly improving? So tired of the media.
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:

Locker ahead of Brady, Stafford, Flacco, Eli Manning, Romo and Roethlisberger. Championship
WTH? Weird stat.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

WTH? Weird stat.
It's ESPN's version of QB rating because they thought the traditional version was flawed. Of course, there's is equally, if not more trouble with theirs.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T1TANS f4n LIFE wrote:
You know what I find annoying? Every media outlet refuses to say we played great defense and are quick to say the Steelers "imploded." They quickly bring up our terrible defense from last year but refuse to say anything about us possibly improving? So tired of the media.

Yeah I've noticed that too.

Big Ben and Steelers were out of sync, rather than Titans manhandled them.

I've seen a few say we thrashed them but majority is about how bad the Steelers played instead of how good we were.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

WTH? Weird stat.
It's ESPN's version of QB rating because they thought the traditional version was flawed. Of course, there's is equally, if not more trouble with theirs.

It is.. Locker statistically had a good game. He didn't throw it much but was solid overall.
Off target some, rushed throws (pass protection) and was on point.
Victor Cruz Pun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:

QBR is terrible. I think there's a stat that the winning quarterback in a game nearly always has the better QBR and the fact that they don't want to share how they get QBR all but confirms it for me. No need to change the QB rating anyways it''s a great measure of QB play.

Tzimisce wrote:
Was that picture of JuWuan James taken right after his rookie hazing? Neutral

#JDI
Ockham

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
T1TANS f4n LIFE wrote:

I've seen a few say we thrashed them but majority is about how bad the Steelers played instead of how good we were.

Wycheck said on radio this morning that the Titans manhandled the Steelers in all three phases.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

WTH? Weird stat.

It is.. Locker statistically had a good game. He didn't throw it much but was solid overall.
Traditional QB rating is unquestionably flawed. But I'm not sure if I'd call yesterday a good game, even statistically. He avoided mistake, which was most important, but he left a few plays out there. I have my doubts that he was better than Brady yesterday.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
T1TANS f4n LIFE wrote:

Wycheck said on radio this morning that the Titans manhandled the Steelers in all three phases.

I think they mean non-Nashville media.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
Ockham wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
T1TANS f4n LIFE wrote:

I think they mean non-Nashville media.
Yup. ESPN, NFL Network and almost everyone across the internet is talking about how bad the Steelers are now.
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

WTH? Weird stat.

Traditional QB rating is unquestionably flawed. But I'm not sure if I'd call yesterday a good game, even statistically. He avoided mistake, which was most important, but he left a few plays out there. I have my doubts that he was better than Brady yesterday.
And I doubt seriously that Terrelle Pryor should be rated higher than Stafford by any measure....

How did Warford look?

EDIT: Warmack Laughing

Last edited by stylish313 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:

How did Warford look?
As a Lions fan, I feel like you can answer that better than us. Laughing

But Warmack looked good. Powerful, strong at the point of attack. He still has a bit to go in the mental aspect, but he is a gigantic improvement over whoever we lined up at RG last year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 52 of 54

Jump to: