Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New England @ Buffalo ::WEEK ONE::
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
I feel that drop cost us the game TBH. Very catch able ball from Manuel that would have kept drive alive and possibly led to more points

To be fair, that drop "was tougher than what it looked."

*sigh*

That's always the excuse.

He needs to either get mentally tougher or step aside and let one of the young guns take the #1 spot. We can't keep having him choke and cost us like this.

The thing is...when you demand the spotlight like Johnson did and continuously does, the microscope comes with it. Coming out publicly and saying that the Patriots don't have anyone that can cover him, and then dropping a crucial pass when he was in fact wide open is hilarious and he deserves all the criticism in the world. He's your typical athlete...

When he succeeds: "I'm great, I'm great"
When he fails: "It's his fault, it's his fault"

Who'd he blame for this drop ?? God again ?? Laughing

marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:

It was out of context but I still find it funny a player can thank god after a game and no one thinks anything of it... What Stevie did pretty much the same thing but just from the losing side of things.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
I feel that drop cost us the game TBH. Very catch able ball from Manuel that would have kept drive alive and possibly led to more points

*sigh*

He needs to either get mentally tougher or step aside and let one of the young guns take the #1 spot. We can't keep having him choke and cost us like this.

The thing is...when you demand the spotlight like Johnson did and continuously does, the microscope comes with it. Coming out publicly and saying that the Patriots don't have anyone that can cover him, and then dropping a crucial pass when he was in fact wide open is hilarious and he deserves all the criticism in the world. He's your typical athlete...

When he succeeds: "I'm great, I'm great"
When he fails: "It's his fault, it's his fault"

Agree 110%
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

It was out of context but I still find it funny a player can thank god after a game and no one thinks anything of it... What Stevie did pretty much the same thing but just from the losing side of things.

Precisely.

Also Patriot fans would love and defend Stevie till their grave if he was on their team.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean it's not like we even blindly support him either. We love his swagger and his confidence but a lot of us (myself among them) are tired of him acting a fool on twitter when he does things like this and making excuses and dropping these types of passes while catching the absurd ones when they don't matter.

If he caught that pass I would feel the exact same way I do now. He's a fantastic player, a great person (he does a TON for the community, not that anybody outside of Buffalo would notice that when calling him a punk) but he's just struggled being ready when the spotlight shines the brightest, even though his drop issues are comically overblown, mostly because of that Steelers game (that we wouldn't have been in to begin with without him). Hopefully he gets it fixed, hopefully the lightbulb goes on. But if not he is what he is.

And I didn't mean that his drop cost us the game, I meant what I said, that it cost us. Just like the Goodwin fumble, just like the stalled drives, just like the missed plays on defense.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL

Last edited by Thelonebillsfan on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

*sigh*

Cost us? You can look at a ton of plays and say the same thing. Spiller fumbling, Goodwin fumbling, The penalty after the long Woods catch, the Chandler drop and so on. Yes Stevie Should of caught it but there were a lot of sloppy plays that cost us the game. Every mistake plays an outcome of the game, Stevie's drop was just one of many our TEAM made. Can't say Stevie cost us the game. He was the reason we were even winning to begin with.

Due to a funky work schedule and fires in the area yesterday, I just now got to watch the game. This is spot on. We lost as a team and you might even say we caused the loss more than anything the Pats did to us. That said, we're a young team and can fix many of the screwups. Overall, I'm pretty optimistic about our future!

Finally, feel free to give me a shot of some nasty Old Crow. I totally misjudged EJ prior to the draft and had been sensing it during preseason. Kid's far more than just an athlete. That composure - hot damn!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

Precisely.

Also Patriot fans would love and defend Stevie till their grave if he was on their team.

People keep saying this as if it matters. THIS Patriots fan would love to have the talent but unfortunately the attitude and propensity for big drops would have to come with it and as a result of that, I say "no thank you".

I would never "defend" a "delusion of grandeur".....I can't stand personalities that try and outshine the team.

Last edited by FirstDownFaulk on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
People keep saying this as if it matters. THIS Patriots fan would love to have the talent but unfortunately the attitude and propensity for big drops would have to come with it and as a result of that, I say "no thank you".

I would never "defend" a "delusion and grandeur".....I can't stand personalities that try and outshine the team.

Attitude? What attitude? Most of the things he says are from a joking nature. He is just a care free person who likes to have some fun but when it is time to go to work he puts in as much effort as anybody. He is not one of those attention craving players that you are making him out to be. He just likes to have fun while he is playing, but him having fun is getting media attention. And trust me, we need all the attention we can in Buffalo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

I would never "defend" a "delusion and grandeur".....I can't stand personalities that try and outshine the team.

Attitude? What attitude? Most of the things he says are from a joking nature. He is just a care free person who likes to have some fun but when it is time to go to work he puts in as much effort as anybody. He is not one of those attention craving players that you are making him out to be. He just likes to have fun while he is playing, but him having fun is getting media attention. And trust me, we need all the attention we can in Buffalo.

to elaborate and simplify. He is more of a knucklehead than a spoiled child.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

to elaborate and simplify. He is more of a knucklehead than a spoiled child.
Bingo. He is still pretty young too. Its kind of like "Manny, being Manny" (Ramirez). Stevie, being Stevie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: