Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New England @ Buffalo ::WEEK ONE::
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Did the Bills get a single 1st down in the 4th quarter? You just cant hold a 4 point lead that way..

Say what you want about going up tempo while up in the 4th.. I think it is the wrong call and you need to milk the clock, but that was NOT the reason we lost.. Pats had plenty of time even if we killed clock.. The problem was we just could not sustain a drive in the 4th to hold the lead..

I think your'e right about the 1st downs. However I agree with the approach...we believe in our offense and what we want to do...and we stuck to it. Live and die by the sword.

A part of me agrees.. The issue was not clock management.. The issue was an inability to sustain a drive..

Exactly. Had we sustained a drive and won 21-20 NOBODY would be complaining about the up tempo late in the game.
Agreed. In the end the fact we got off the field quickly could have ended up being a good thing for us. I think with six minutes in the game and a one point lead you have to go out and play your game and try and get some points.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Did the Bills get a single 1st down in the 4th quarter? You just cant hold a 4 point lead that way..

Say what you want about going up tempo while up in the 4th.. I think it is the wrong call and you need to milk the clock, but that was NOT the reason we lost.. Pats had plenty of time even if we killed clock.. The problem was we just could not sustain a drive in the 4th to hold the lead..

I think your'e right about the 1st downs. However I agree with the approach...we believe in our offense and what we want to do...and we stuck to it. Live and die by the sword.

A part of me agrees.. The issue was not clock management.. The issue was an inability to sustain a drive..

Exactly. Had we sustained a drive and won 21-20 NOBODY would be complaining about the up tempo late in the game.

I would be. Just because we would have won doesn't mean it's not still stupid.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

You really want to try and run out the clock with a one point lead with 6 minutes left against the Pats? Doesn't make any sense.

Tk3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
God every single god damn year I have hope and every single god damn year there are these stupid close games that make me think "Oh hey maybe!" Then no, of course not. Because we're the god damn bills and we can never be anything more than a god damn laughing stock and a god damn punching bag and a god damn mat to be walked over and I'm just so burnt out from this.

Don't care if it's week one. It's BS that we lost this game. We never should have lost it. Stevie choked. The defense choked. That damn "Up-Tempo" crap screwed us over.

Were we watching the same game? By all rights I think the Pats outplayed us this game.. I think Patriots severely outplayed us in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th quarters..

The Bills were opportunistic, but overall were outmatched by a pretty large margin..

On what earth did they outplay us? We might not have had a great TOP but everything else we matched up pretty evenly.

We sure as ish weren't outplayed by a large margin.

I think the approach is freaking stupid. It didn't work early in the game, why would you run fast when you need to take time off the clock? There is no reason to do it other than freaking hubris.

We did nothing on offense the entire 1st half, and were only in the game because of a fluke fumble recovery for touchdown..

We did nothing on offense in the 4th quarter as well..

We flat out only had one good quarter on offense.. I consider us to have been outplayed..

There were some good things today, but a whole lot of bad things..

The bad things we saw today are things we have seen before and will likely see a whole lot more of this season.. Inability to keep the chains moving and inability to stop the run late in a close game..

Its easy to say we were winning in the 4th and lost on a last second FG, but we need to temper expectations and realize this is maybe a 5 or 6 win team..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

You really want to try and run out the clock with a one point lead with 6 minutes left against the Pats? Doesn't make any sense.

I'm not saying go conservative and run it on every snap. I'm saying, slow down the tempo, take time off the clock, and run the offense slowed down.

It's what teams do in college with this offense.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

I'm not saying go conservative and run it on every snap. I'm saying, slow down the tempo, take time off the clock, and run the offense slowed down.

What if the up tempo has Wilfork and co gasping for air? Which it looked like it did...we have to keep going right at them, give them no time to regroup or anything. We just failed to makes plays.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

What if the up tempo has Wilfork and co gasping for air? Which it looked like it did...we have to keep going right at them, give them no time to regroup or anything. We just failed to makes plays.

I like the up tempo, but I would like some adaptation in certain situations like 3rd and short as well as clock management
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

I like the up tempo, but I would like some adaptation in certain situations like 3rd and short as well as clock management

3rd and short absolutely killed us today.
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
God every single god damn year I have hope and every single god damn year there are these stupid close games that make me think "Oh hey maybe!" Then no, of course not. Because we're the god damn bills and we can never be anything more than a god damn laughing stock and a god damn punching bag and a god damn mat to be walked over and I'm just so burnt out from this.

Don't care if it's week one. It's BS that we lost this game. We never should have lost it. Stevie choked. The defense choked. That damn "Up-Tempo" crap screwed us over.

Were we watching the same game? By all rights I think the Pats outplayed us this game.. I think Patriots severely outplayed us in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th quarters..

The Bills were opportunistic, but overall were outmatched by a pretty large margin..

On what earth did they outplay us? We might not have had a great TOP but everything else we matched up pretty evenly.

We sure as ish weren't outplayed by a large margin.

I think the approach is freaking stupid. It didn't work early in the game, why would you run fast when you need to take time off the clock? There is no reason to do it other than freaking hubris.

We did nothing on offense the entire 1st half, and were only in the game because of a fluke fumble recovery for touchdown..

We did nothing on offense in the 4th quarter as well..

We flat out only had one good quarter on offense.. I consider us to have been outplayed..

There were some good things today, but a whole lot of bad things..

The bad things we saw today are things we have seen before and will likely see a whole lot more of this season.. Inability to keep the chains moving and inability to stop the run late in a close game..

Its easy to say we were winning in the 4th and lost on a last second FG, but we need to temper expectations and realize this is maybe a 5 or 6 win team..

I wouldn't say that the Patriots "outplayed" the Bills but they definitely outexecuted them in the crucial moments. You nailed it on the call about the fluke fumble and also id have to add the fluke interception too. 14 points came directly off those two plays and aside from executing as a result of them, the Bills didnt play particularly well.

I can understand the optimism and excitement in Buffalo, but this game was just sloppy for both teams and shouldnt be used as an indication of what to expect.

goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rough luck guys, you played well - manage the clock better and that victory was yours for the taking. I like those nickel corners, they played very tough. Roby is it? He's one to look out for.
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still baffled by that challenge. What the hell was that all about?

#JDI
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:

hahahahaha, we didn't even recover the fumble.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:

hahahahaha, we didn't even recover the fumble.
Marrone just probably wanted to get his first nfl challenge out of the way.

TommyC376

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'm surprised it was as close as it was, we had a pretty bad game overall, bonehead penalties, costly fumbles, yet we still had the lead late in the 4th. This team looks like it can compete of we clean up the stupid mistakes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Honestly I'm surprised it was as close as it was, we had a pretty bad game overall, bonehead penalties, costly fumbles, yet we still had the lead late in the 4th. This team looks like it can compete of we clean up the stupid mistakes.
Cannot believe some of the penalties we committed. We had four or five defensive offsides, who does that? I was hoping that it was just a preseason thing but it clearly was not. On the bright side we had zero pass interference calls!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: