Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who takes it?
San Francisco 49ers
74%
 74%  [ 29 ]
Green Bay Packers
25%
 25%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 39

DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

I'm sure I said it a dozen times already, but I love the hit he gave to Rodgers. It was a clean hit, that just stopped Rodgers in his tracks.

Rodgers is damn lucky on that play. That could've been A LOT worse for him. I think Reid didn't hit him liked he wanted to but still got a good shot on him.

You could tell by Rodgers' face when they huddled up after the hit he was still feeling it.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzos_lav3JI

LOVE THIS!
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Perhaps it's the alcohol, but I didn't see many creative run plays today. We normally more counters and give more looks in the run game. A lot of it was Gore up the middle.

Can't figure out why we ran so many runs up the middle that went no where. Somewhere in the second half I noted that Gore had about 25 yards on 14 carries and Hunter waasn't much better. In other words at that point our running game was about as bad as it gets, and we just kept doing the same stuff over and over.

Kept us honest. Otherwise we can just line up in a dime or nickel all game and call it good. Attempts are as effective as yards sometimes. Just running the ball and staying balanced is huge. It helped Kaepernick in what he saw pre-snap and coverage wise.

Wasn't suggesting we pass instead. Over the past couple of years we've had the most varied running plays in the league and we didn't use almost any of them. For example, even something as simple as an outside run. Our one and only was late in the game and went for 20 yards.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/09/nfl-now-says-packers-not-49ers-benefitted-from-officials-mistake/

Quote:
The NFL now says it was the Packers, not the 49ers, who benefitted from the officials’ mistake on the play, because Staley shouldn’t have been flagged in the first place. The league office reviewed the play and determined that while Matthews was rightly called for a late hit on 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, the official who threw the flag on Staley for getting in Matthews’ face after running over to protect Kaepernick should not have done so.

In other words, if the entire play had been properly called, it would have been first-and-goal for the 49ers at the 3-yard line on the next play. Instead, the officials made it tougher for the 49ers by making them re-play third down after the offsetting penalties. The officials erred in their enforcement of the offsetting penalties, which appeared to benefit the 49ers, but in reality there never should have been offsetting penalties to enforce in the first place. Only the Packers should have been penalized.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
One thing i don't get- why didn't we use Quinton Patton? He's been practising well, did well in both preseason games he played (against the first teamers, and he entered in with our first team unit). Even Troy Aikman said our coaches were "gushing" about him, or really praising him or whatever. And yet i think he played like 5 snaps. Whats up with that?

I'd like to see more of Patton, McDonald, and Lemonier next week. Reid already making his presence felt.

Because we hardly use three WR sets anyways, and when we do Moore is ahead of him on the depth chart. You know how this team is with their rookies. They like to bring them in slowly (Not Reid), but maybe in a few weeks he will become our slot WR. I do agree we need to find a way to incorporate him in the offense because he makes things happen when he touches the ball.

But are we sure he is practicing well? He didn't practice for majority of the training camp and when he actually did, the media wasn't allowed into their practices.

Three? Heck we used only one a lot more than three yesterday. We had a tight six man line with one flanker and then the diamond formation in the backfield with miller either gore or hunter and then the thrid guy was often mcdonald.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishsticks wrote:
Loved Kaeps quote in after game press conference
Quote:
If intimidation is you're Gameplan, I hope you have a better one
That just got me fired up. SUCK IT MATTHEWS!

FTW - best quote of the day!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Quote:
The NFL now says it was the Packers, not the 49ers, who benefitted from the officials’ mistake on the play, because Staley shouldn’t have been flagged in the first place. The league office reviewed the play and determined that while Matthews was rightly called for a late hit on 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, the official who threw the flag on Staley for getting in Matthews’ face after running over to protect Kaepernick should not have done so.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/09/nfl-now-says-packers-not-49ers-benefitted-from-officials-mistake/

Everyone who saw the melee, except for Packers fans, know this. All he did was grab some jersey to keep Matthews under control. Even after Clay punched him and pushed him in the face still all he did was grab some jersey. Quite a show of control from him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
Ahaaaaaaa!!!!! I was wondering when you would come around. Laughing
I actually don't really mind most of the pedhawk fans but there is a few of them that are unbearable.

I was trying to remember if we had a nickname for you but we didn't give you a nickname. Last season we said NBT was like the 9ers forum version of a stray dog.

No - I called NBT our pet tarantula - you don't ever really love him but you do get used to him after a while.

SupeRG00F is more like an amazing guy and I envy him for being so smart, funny, and a fan of the best team in the NFL.
Aw shucks, go on.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
I actually don't really mind most of the pedhawk fans but there is a few of them that are unbearable.

I was trying to remember if we had a nickname for you but we didn't give you a nickname. Last season we said NBT was like the 9ers forum version of a stray dog.

No - I called NBT our pet tarantula - you don't ever really love him but you do get used to him after a while.

SupeRG00F is more like an amazing guy and I envy him for being so smart, funny, and a fan of the best team in the NFL.
Aw shuck I tried to edit Y2s post like that with a straight face but I decided against it because I know the Seahawks are 2nd in the West.

Fixed Wink

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
tiger9er08

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:

LOVE THIS!

If you watch Boldin's interview after the game, he said he was a Ronnie Lott fan growing up lol
neezy007

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
BangBang wrote:
The Hawk gon' Hawk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voNvULdmDY4

I miss him already. Sad

Man. He messed up Jeff Cumberland when we played them last year.
The hawk is vicious man. I have to say I enjoyed watching him obliterate people but Reid looks like he can do the same.

Yeah, we're not missing him yet, and Reid looks fantastic. But the Hawk will always be one of my favorites.

DE: Andre Carter
DT: Marques Douglas
DT: Anthony Adams
DE: Roderick Green
LB: Jamie Winborn
LB: Blake Costanzo
LB: Jeff Ulbrich
CB: Nate Clements
CB: Walt Harris
S: Keith Lewis
S: Dashon Goldson

My all time "I don't know why I like these guys so much" defense. Laughing

I just loved having him on the team cause he is incredibly violent. If anyone managed to get past our front 7 he would come screaming in and obliterate them. He suplexed Doug Baldwin last year. The guy is violent. When he would light someone up the D would get hyped and take it up a level.

Reid looks like he has the same qualities though.
neezy007

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:

LOVE THIS!

Why couldn't he have been a 9er years ago Sad. I thought he was awesome in Arizona.
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:

LOVE THIS!

Both Gore and Boldin had great blocks on that play. Love it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thought when it happened that even if Joe Staley got penalized, it was fine because he was defending Kap. Now, NFL says "penalty was wrong."

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/377106284341768193
Tom Brady Tribute
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
neezy007 wrote:

Aw shucks, go on.

This guy is back? It was so nice without him though

Deadpulse on the sig

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
How does it end? Hopefully it's a guy snake cause girls don't poop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 56 of 60

Jump to: