Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who takes it?
San Francisco 49ers
74%
 74%  [ 29 ]
Green Bay Packers
25%
 25%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 39

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Week 1 GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers Reply with quote

It's that time! Week one of the regular season!!!!

San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers

This is a hell of a way to start the season, going against a team that was vengeance for their playoff elimination. With a key injury to Brian Bulaga, I hope that we blitz as often as we did in the pre-season, because flustering Aaron Rodgers is a must. It's also going to be very interesting to see what wrinkles, if any, we've added to this offense. We did a good job taking advantage of Green Bay with out option read, but I have my doubts about it being as successful the second time around. All in all, I'm just excited the season is about to begin!

Last edited by SoCalNiner on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers is THE best QB when blitzed so we can't do it often. Obviously switching it up will be important, but we have to make these guys one dimensional. We did fairly well against their WRs last year, and will have to do the same this time around. Cobb is going to be a match up nightmare in the slot, so I hope we could contain him as much as we can. The battles on the outside will be interesting with two physical WRs going up against Brown and Nnamdi.

The roles are basically reversed as they are coming to our place and we are the favorites. Hopefully the result will be different though Wink .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Buck's doing the game, isn't he? Confused
49ersfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So looking at the 53 man roster and not IR/NFI/PUP (which i think has 13 players on it...), only LaMichael James is injured, correct?
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
AMG1713

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of guys getting the baptism by fire treatment. Reid against Rodgers for us, Bakhtiari against the Smiths for them. Hopefully our guy holds up, and their guy doesn't.
Mr.49er52

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a long wait for this season like always.But I think it'll be a very close game maybe SF 24,GB 19 THIS IS MY BOLD PREDICTION FOR OUR OFFENSE!!!!
Colin Kaepernick:298 yds through the air with 1 td 1 int. and 71 yds rushing 1 td
Frank Gore:117 yds rushing 1 td 35 rec yds
Kendall Hunter:42 yds rushing
Vernon Davis:82 yds rec
Vance Mcdonald:27 yds rec
Anquan Boldin:59 yds rec 1 td
Quinton Patton:60 yds rec
Kyle Williams:35 yds rec
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as Vernon Davis doesn't shred the Packers over the middle we have a solid chance to come out with a W... that is by far the weakest part of our defense @ILB (I don't want Hawk anywhere near him). I don't see anyone who can really stretch the field on your roster so that makes me a bit more confident.

Boldin and Davis will post solid numbers. Patton/Moore on the other hand will have a rude awakening if Shields is on them all day imho...

I would guess possession receiver Boldin finishes with around 70-90 rec yds and 1 td and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Davis' totals exceed those.

Contain Kaepernick is the #1 thing for us.

On the other side of the ball I have a gut feeling that Jordy will finish the game with at least one 40+ yard play. It will either be on a broken play or a PA where the D bites on Lacy, but I think that's a realistic expectation with a rookie safety back there and the ball in Rodgers hand.

Lacy won't clear 80 rushing yds imo.

Cobb and Finley will both be somewhere between 60-90 rec yds.

Interested to see whether they use Cobb on returns this game or if they stick with Ross.

I don't see a good game for James Jones this week most likely he has a low yardage 1 td effort.

What do you guys think?
49erurtaza

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
As long as Vernon Davis doesn't shred the Packers over the middle we have a solid chance to come out with a W... that is by far the weakest part of our defense @ILB (I don't want Hawk anywhere near him). I don't see anyone who can really stretch the field on your roster so that makes me a bit more confident.

Boldin and Davis will post solid numbers. Patton/Moore on the other hand will have a rude awakening if Shields is on them all day imho...

I would guess possession receiver Boldin finishes with around 70-90 rec yds and 1 td and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Davis' totals exceed those.

On the other side of the ball I have a gut feeling that Jordy will finish the game with at least one 40+ yard play. It will either be on a broken play or a PA where the D bites on Lacy, but I think that's a realistic expectation with a rookie safety back there and the ball in Rodgers hand.

Interested to see whether they use Cobb on returns this game or if they stick with Ross.

I don't see a good game for James Jones this week most likely he has a low yardage 1 td effort.

What do you guys think?

i think your forgetting our running game. ima say hunter is going to have a huge game frank gore plays alright

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so ready for this game. Not because I think we will win, just because I think it will be a really good game. As of today Casey Hayward isn't practicing, IIRC he would be the only "Non-IR" guy out. So if you put Quinton Patton in the slot he will eat vs Micah Hyde. Again, it should be a real fun game.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
I am so ready for this game. Not because I think we will win, just because I think it will be a really good game. As of today Casey Hayward isn't practicing, IIRC he would be the only "Non-IR" guy out. So if you put Quinton Patton in the slot he will eat vs Micah Hyde. Again, it should be a real fun game.

Hayward isn't a go for week 1? That sucks, dude is a stud and would love to see our young WRs going up against one of the best CBs from last season.

As for Rodgers completing a 40+ yard pass? Always possible, especially with the way he extends the play and looks to go deep. However, I doubt we bite on the PA as we are a fairly disciplined defense. Not only that, but the front 7 usually handles the run on its own, which allows us to play both our safeties deep.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:
Joe Buck's doing the game, isn't he? Confused

It's definitely the No. 1 game on Fox, so I have to imagine he and Aikman will be on the call.

Aikman will be quick to praise "Reggie Cobb" and his quickness out of the slot.

This one's up to the GB offense. I have little faith in the defense to stop SF's offense until I actually see it happen. Hopefully the offense looks more in sync than it does the last two times we played SF.

And, like last year, I expect this to be the first of two meetings between these teams.

Good luck.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
It's definitely the No. 1 game on Fox, so I have to imagine he and Aikman will be on the call.

Aikman will be quick to praise "Reggie Cobb" and his quickness out of the slot.

This one's up to the GB offense. I have little faith in the defense to stop SF's offense until I actually see it happen. Hopefully the offense looks more in sync than it does the last two times we played SF.

And, like last year, I expect this to be the first of two meetings between these teams.

Good luck.

Our defense does well against finesse teams that spread it out. And we struggle with teams that are physical at the LOS, and match our physicality.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess for the 7 gameday inactives

-QB BJ Daniels
-RB LaMichael James (injury)
-TE Chris Harper
-WR Jonathan Baldwin
-OL Joe Looney
-DL Tony Jerrod-Eddie
-LB Nate Stupar
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:

What do you guys think?

On VD- Last year in both games he combined for 87 yards and 1 td on 4 catches. GB doesnt struggle with him like you think. However, I think they will Sunday. I see him with 6 catches for somewhere around 120 yards and a score.

On Jordy- It's definitely possible. wont be because of biting on a playaction. I could see on a double move maybe. Not on PA though. Lacy wont be effective enough for the D to bite. Also I dont trust Jordy this season. Injury bug got to him last year and it has carried over. I want to see him prove it before I believe it. I like Jordy though. In fact, its hard for me to hate the Packers. My wife is a Pack fan and I have a ton of respect for the lineage.

On Lacy- I will say he wont clear 50 yards.

Finley- will get some yards, I think it will be some grbage time yards. I think the game will be close until the 4th. Just my opinion., but I think the Niners win by double digits.

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 1 of 60

Jump to: